Novo Nordisk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.1

Diabetes Care Associate Interview

Interview

It was a long process including a trip to Boston. I will say everyone was really nice that interviewed us. The only issue is that they didn't give everyone real feedback. Every single person who walked out of the interview was made to feel like they got the job. And most of us didn't. I guess just honesty would be my only request.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your biggest weakness… Simple STAR format questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.

Interview

Standard interview questions based on their companies "Competencies". Each question is to be answered in the star format. No tricks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, took a few online tests, 5 weeks later received a phone to set up a face to face interview. Face to face interview consisted of 3 separate interviews.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions should be answered in STAR format. Tell me about a situation where company ethics had to be applied.   1 Answer

Entry Level Pharmaceutical Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk.

Interview

-Phone Interview within one week of applying online. Behavior interview questions -After the phone interview, it takes about 3 weeks to here if you have been selected for a face to face interview. -You will have 2 face to face interviews. Be prepared to answers questions in STAR format. For me they selected the top 3 candidates out over 150 so ppl that applied. -They will follow up with you for another phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Know the company and products. You will have to do a short presentation for the face to face interview.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Specialty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Lancaster, PA) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online and had phone interview a week later. Very professional and wanted to know if you were a take charge person with good achievements to look to in your resume. Wanted a dominant personality for this position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in September 2013.

Interview

Had initial phone interview within a week of applying online - basic HR questions and some behavioral questions (answered in STAR format). Must have been in the top 20% of your sales force in at least 1 of the the past 2 years. They have a 3rd party company that validates sales data so you must document this to move forward. In person interview came about 3 weeks afterwards. Had two 1 hour in-person interviews with 2 managers (1 was hiring manager) back to back. Had to do a 2 minute presentation on NovoLog. The following week had a 30 minute phone interview with the Regional Business Director. Had to document previous salary/bonus comp.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions (answered in STAR format) - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer - Tell me about a time when you had to build trust with a customer - Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy - Tell me about a situation where you met both a short term and long term goal   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by an outsourced recruiter who set up the interview. interview was laid back it was with 2 managers of the department who told me about the company and their experiences, behavioral questions based on past experiences.

Negotiation

pay was set by a recruiter

Diabetes Care Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did telephone screening; interviewed with hiring manager; interviewed with Regional manager; was contacted by HR with the offer

Interview Questions

• None more difficult than the others; typical interviewing questions   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in August 2013.

Interview

Mostly interested in my ability to work as a full life cycle recruiter. They were looking for both agency and corporate experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about methods of sourcing for sales representatives in remote areas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was very little time between the offer and the start, about a week.

Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Trenton, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

The process is arduous, this was acknowledged by one of my interviewers in the final round. You are told in the initial phone screen that you have to provide documentation to support your performance and it needs to show your name, the company name and the title and date of the report. Once that is deemed acceptable, you have another phone interview with the recruiter for the position. If that goes well, you do a one way virtual interview and if you get past that you see 2 district sales managers, one of whom is the hiring manager. The logistics are handled by an outside agency and it is difficult to get answers to questions.

Interview Questions

• I was instructed (via email) to prepare a 2 minute presentation on a product. I called the agency to ask for clarification on presentation. I was told to prepare a product overview and to keep strictly to 2 minutes. I complied. I did not receive an offer and the feedback I got was that the hiring manager was disappointed because I did not review the studies.   Answer Question