Novo Nordisk Interview Questions & Reviews

3.1

Diabetes Care Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novo Nordisk.

Did telephone screening; interviewed with hiring manager; interviewed with Regional manager; was contacted by HR with the offer

Interview Questions
    • None more difficult than the others; typical interviewing questions   Answer Question

Senior Endocrinology Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in August 2009.

Three interviews with manager and one with regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • sell me the Levemir product (you haven't been trained on yet)   View Answer
    You are able to negotiate it they really want you.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Clayton, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in September 2012.

Phone interview first, Then interview in person with HR, Rep., Hiring Mgr. and 1 or 2 people who work in the department. First interview is to see how your experience matches up to the position you are applying for. Second interview is with HR Director or Hiring Mgrs boss. This interview is much more intense, they are looking closley to see your response to things they tell you about the company and work environment. They really want to know that you have studied their Company. If you interivew here you should know their goals and mission

Interview Questions
    • How would you react to co-workers in the plant, who mean well but have not prepared a report that you need to make your deadlines:   View Answer

Medical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in April 2011.

Applied online Friday evening. Received an email for a phone interview following Monday. Phone interview was standard HR questions. Received an email follow-up about a week later for an in person interview. There were 5 1:1 interviews followed by a writing test. Pretty standard converting a presentation to an abstract. Had 1 hour. Unfortunately I was so nervous I don't think I did to well. Overall great experience, really friendly people who love their jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Ever had problem with a co-worker if so how did you over come the problem? Something like this.   Answer Question

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Specialty Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Novo Nordisk.

First of all, I am a sales rep in another industry who is among the top 20% producers in his company. I was contacted by the San Anotnio office of Novo Nordisk by Wade Hayslip.

Skype interivew #1: I sat there, dressed in a suit, for 20 minutes & had no response. I called Wade & received no answer. Then I e-mailed him. He finally gave me an excuse that due to construction going on, his internet has been down. We rescheduled for the next day.

Skype interview #2: Once again, I got all dressed up in a suit, logged in to Skype, & waited for Wade...& waited. After 30 minutes & an e-mail, I decided this joke doesn't deserve my time & valuable experience as a salesperson.

My advice: stay away from Wade.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in March 2012.

Know all of your basic behavioral interview questions. Follow the STAR method: What was the situation (background), what was your task (role, requirements), what actions did you take, and what were the results. They like quantifiable results if possible.

The people at Novo are very smart and mostly friendly. The different therapeutic areas tend to be pretty siloed--so if you work in Diabetes, you won't see much of Biopharm and vice versa. The building is small and space is extremely limited, but Novo is moving to a much larger office in 2013. Benefits are best in class. Free water bottles/diet soda. Jeans casual on Fridays, summer Fridays between Memorial and Labor Day. $1 BBQ on summer Thursdays. Various employee recognition events. Plenty of parking, bathrooms are always clean, but kitchen space is very limited (again, new building soon).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to challenge the actions of someone on your team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to complete a complex task under a tight deadline.   View Answer
    No room for negotiation, they rate your salary based on your experience level.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in April 2012.

I was contacted by a Novo recruiter shortly after applying for the position. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire form before we spoke on the phone. It appeared to be a generic prescreening phone interview form. It was if he decided not to take the time to ask me the questions himself and just have me fill them out. This conclusion was given away by how the questions were worded in the interviewers point of view. We talked over the phone and it was very easy going. He didn't seem to know much about the specific position or territory but I knew enough about how great the company was that I overlooked this. He told me that he was going to recommend that the hiring manager interview me.

I received a phone call from an HR employee to set up a flight to Chicago to meet with the hiring manager. I did so. I flew out there for the initially scheduled two hour interview. First hour interview was supposed to be with a senior rep and a manager. The next hour was supposed to be with the hiring manager. I received an email that it changed and that I would be meeting all three for an hour. Fine by me.

The interview was at the O'hare Hilton, adjacent to O'Hare airport. Easy in and out. My interview was scheduled for 2:45pm. I arrived at O'hare at 1pm and got lunch and went to the lobby. My only instructions were to meet the interviewer in the lobby. 2:45 came and went. By 3:00pm I was a bit worried. I know it's easy for interviews to go 5-10 minutes long and that can add up. I was the last interview of the day and it seemed to add up. I called both the recruiter and the HR rep. I finally got a hold of the HR rep and she apologized and contacted the hiring manager. He emailed her that they were wrapping up and that he would be down shortly.

It was about 3:15 or 3:20 and the hiring manager came down. He apologized and I told him I understood. Which I did. My only concern was I had a 5:05 flight and I didn't want to rush or be rushed.

Overall the interview was straight forward. I felt it went really well and that was the feedback I got. They did ask me at towards the end to sell an iPhone against a Blackberry.

Interview Questions
    • We are a sales management team and you are an iPhone sales rep. We use Blackberry sell us on the iPhone.   Answer Question

Diabetes Care Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in February 2012.

very professional and very structured

Quality Assurance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in February 2012.

The interview process at NN consisted of a phone interview with the HR rep, a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager and associated staff, a group interview with the VP of Quality and associated staff and a background check.

Everyone was extremely friendly and very accomodating during the interview process. The impression of the company culture during the interview was very positive.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to persuade a team and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you lead a project to successful completion. Describe the challenges that were involved and how you overcame them.   Answer Question
    I didn't need to negotiate. They asked for copies of my current paystubs (which I hesitantly provided). Initially I thought this was going to be used against me by offering me a low salary but I was happily surprised by their initial offer.

Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novo Nordisk in March 2010.

typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • When have you faced adversity and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question