Novo Nordisk Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

3.1

Systems & Data Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in October 2013.

Interview

Was contacted by an outsourced recruiter who set up the interview. interview was laid back it was with 2 managers of the department who told me about the company and their experiences, behavioral questions based on past experiences.

Negotiation

pay was set by a recruiter

Diabetes Care Specialist III Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Did telephone screening; interviewed with hiring manager; interviewed with Regional manager; was contacted by HR with the offer

Interview Questions

• None more difficult than the others; typical interviewing questions   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in August 2013.

Interview

Mostly interested in my ability to work as a full life cycle recruiter. They were looking for both agency and corporate experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about methods of sourcing for sales representatives in remote areas.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was very little time between the offer and the start, about a week.

Diabetes Care Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk (Trenton, NJ) in March 2013.

Interview

The process is arduous, this was acknowledged by one of my interviewers in the final round. You are told in the initial phone screen that you have to provide documentation to support your performance and it needs to show your name, the company name and the title and date of the report. Once that is deemed acceptable, you have another phone interview with the recruiter for the position. If that goes well, you do a one way virtual interview and if you get past that you see 2 district sales managers, one of whom is the hiring manager. The logistics are handled by an outside agency and it is difficult to get answers to questions.

Interview Questions

• I was instructed (via email) to prepare a 2 minute presentation on a product. I called the agency to ask for clarification on presentation. I was told to prepare a product overview and to keep strictly to 2 minutes. I complied. I did not receive an offer and the feedback I got was that the hiring manager was disappointed because I did not review the studies.   Answer Question

Medical Liaison Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novo Nordisk in December 2012.

Interview

Very fair and respectable! They are very genuine and honest throughout! They like to interview 3-4 candidates in person for each position. There is a presentation and 4 interviews to conduct.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward

Systems and Data Management Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk (Plainsboro, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Very simple, in person interview. Mainly just basic HR questions and only a few questions testing your knowledge of required database functions and required database systems. No meeting with HR, directly with your managers. Very easy to flow with a conversation.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk (Clayton, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone interview first, Then interview in person with HR, Rep., Hiring Mgr. and 1 or 2 people who work in the department. First interview is to see how your experience matches up to the position you are applying for. Second interview is with HR Director or Hiring Mgrs boss. This interview is much more intense, they are looking closley to see your response to things they tell you about the company and work environment. They really want to know that you have studied their Company. If you interivew here you should know their goals and mission

Interview Questions

• How would you react to co-workers in the plant, who mean well but have not prepared a report that you need to make your deadlines:   1 Answer

Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Specialty Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Novo Nordisk (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

First of all, I am a sales rep in another industry who is among the top 20% producers in his company. I was contacted by the San Anotnio office of Novo Nordisk by Wade Hayslip.

Skype interivew #1: I sat there, dressed in a suit, for 20 minutes & had no response. I called Wade & received no answer. Then I e-mailed him. He finally gave me an excuse that due to construction going on, his internet has been down. We rescheduled for the next day.

Skype interview #2: Once again, I got all dressed up in a suit, logged in to Skype, & waited for Wade...& waited. After 30 minutes & an e-mail, I decided this joke doesn't deserve my time & valuable experience as a salesperson.

My advice: stay away from Wade.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Novo Nordisk (Chicago, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a Novo recruiter shortly after applying for the position. I was asked to fill out a questionnaire form before we spoke on the phone. It appeared to be a generic prescreening phone interview form. It was if he decided not to take the time to ask me the questions himself and just have me fill them out. This conclusion was given away by how the questions were worded in the interviewers point of view. We talked over the phone and it was very easy going. He didn't seem to know much about the specific position or territory but I knew enough about how great the company was that I overlooked this. He told me that he was going to recommend that the hiring manager interview me.

I received a phone call from an HR employee to set up a flight to Chicago to meet with the hiring manager. I did so. I flew out there for the initially scheduled two hour interview. First hour interview was supposed to be with a senior rep and a manager. The next hour was supposed to be with the hiring manager. I received an email that it changed and that I would be meeting all three for an hour. Fine by me.

The interview was at the O'hare Hilton, adjacent to O'Hare airport. Easy in and out. My interview was scheduled for 2:45pm. I arrived at O'hare at 1pm and got lunch and went to the lobby. My only instructions were to meet the interviewer in the lobby. 2:45 came and went. By 3:00pm I was a bit worried. I know it's easy for interviews to go 5-10 minutes long and that can add up. I was the last interview of the day and it seemed to add up. I called both the recruiter and the HR rep. I finally got a hold of the HR rep and she apologized and contacted the hiring manager. He emailed her that they were wrapping up and that he would be down shortly.

It was about 3:15 or 3:20 and the hiring manager came down. He apologized and I told him I understood. Which I did. My only concern was I had a 5:05 flight and I didn't want to rush or be rushed.

Overall the interview was straight forward. I felt it went really well and that was the feedback I got. They did ask me at towards the end to sell an iPhone against a Blackberry.

Interview Questions

• We are a sales management team and you are an iPhone sales rep. We use Blackberry sell us on the iPhone.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novo Nordisk (Princeton, NJ) in March 2012.

Interview

Know all of your basic behavioral interview questions. Follow the STAR method: What was the situation (background), what was your task (role, requirements), what actions did you take, and what were the results. They like quantifiable results if possible.

The people at Novo are very smart and mostly friendly. The different therapeutic areas tend to be pretty siloed--so if you work in Diabetes, you won't see much of Biopharm and vice versa. The building is small and space is extremely limited, but Novo is moving to a much larger office in 2013. Benefits are best in class. Free water bottles/diet soda. Jeans casual on Fridays, summer Fridays between Memorial and Labor Day. $1 BBQ on summer Thursdays. Various employee recognition events. Plenty of parking, bathrooms are always clean, but kitchen space is very limited (again, new building soon).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to challenge the actions of someone on your team.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to complete a complex task under a tight deadline.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, they rate your salary based on your experience level.