Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Novo Nordisk
- Diabetes Care Specialist (4)
- Diabetes Care Associate (4)
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative Specialty (3)
- Sales Representative (2)
- Online Interview (2)
- CRA (2)
- Sales (2)
- Internship (2)
- Intern (2)
- Research Associate (2)
- Clinical Data Analyst (1)
- Clinical Data Manager (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Quality Assurance Manager (1)
- Category Manager (1)
- Medical Director (1)
- Medical Liaison (1)
- Trainee (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Medical Writer (1)
- Account Executive (1)
- Accounts Payable (1)
- Graduate (1)
- Graduate Program (1)
- Senior Brand Manager (1)
- Senior Business Analyst (1)
- Finance (1)
- Systems Engineer (1)
- Recruiter (1)
- Regulatory Specialist (1)
- No Offer
It was a long process including a trip to Boston. I will say everyone was really nice that interviewed us. The only issue is that they didn't give everyone real feedback. Every single person who walked out of the interview was made to feel like they got the job. And most of us didn't. I guess just honesty would be my only request.
- Tell me your biggest weakness… Simple STAR format questions Answer Question
Helpful (2)No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Orlando, FL) in December 2013.
Standard interview questions based on their companies "Competencies". Each question is to be answered in the star format. No tricks
- What drives you? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Boston, MA) in December 2013.
Phone interview with a recruiter, took a few online tests, 5 weeks later received a phone to set up a face to face interview. Face to face interview consisted of 3 separate interviews.
- All interview questions should be answered in STAR format. Tell me about a situation where company ethics had to be applied. 1 Answer
Helpful (2)No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk.
-Phone Interview within one week of applying online. Behavior interview questions -After the phone interview, it takes about 3 weeks to here if you have been selected for a face to face interview. -You will have 2 face to face interviews. Be prepared to answers questions in STAR format. For me they selected the top 3 candidates out over 150 so ppl that applied. -They will follow up with you for another phone interview.
- Know the company and products. You will have to do a short presentation for the face to face interview. Answer Question
Helpful (1)No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Lancaster, PA) in November 2013.
Applied online and had phone interview a week later. Very professional and wanted to know if you were a take charge person with good achievements to look to in your resume. Wanted a dominant personality for this position.
- What was your best managerial position? Answer Question
Helpful (17)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in September 2013.
Had initial phone interview within a week of applying online - basic HR questions and some behavioral questions (answered in STAR format). Must have been in the top 20% of your sales force in at least 1 of the the past 2 years. They have a 3rd party company that validates sales data so you must document this to move forward. In person interview came about 3 weeks afterwards. Had two 1 hour in-person interviews with 2 managers (1 was hiring manager) back to back. Had to do a 2 minute presentation on NovoLog. The following week had a 30 minute phone interview with the Regional Business Director. Had to document previous salary/bonus comp.
- Typical behavioral interview questions (answered in STAR format) - Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer - Tell me about a time when you had to build trust with a customer - Tell me about a time when you had to forego doing something for a customer that would have helped your business but was against company policy - Tell me about a situation where you met both a short term and long term goal Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in October 2013.
Was contacted by an outsourced recruiter who set up the interview. interview was laid back it was with 2 managers of the department who told me about the company and their experiences, behavioral questions based on past experiences.
pay was set by a recruiter
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Dallas, TX).
Did telephone screening; interviewed with hiring manager; interviewed with Regional manager; was contacted by HR with the offer
- None more difficult than the others; typical interviewing questions Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk in August 2013.
Mostly interested in my ability to work as a full life cycle recruiter. They were looking for both agency and corporate experience.
- Asked about methods of sourcing for sales representatives in remote areas. 1 Answer
There was very little time between the offer and the start, about a week.
Helpful (3)No OfferAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novo Nordisk (Trenton, NJ) in March 2013.
The process is arduous, this was acknowledged by one of my interviewers in the final round. You are told in the initial phone screen that you have to provide documentation to support your performance and it needs to show your name, the company name and the title and date of the report. Once that is deemed acceptable, you have another phone interview with the recruiter for the position. If that goes well, you do a one way virtual interview and if you get past that you see 2 district sales managers, one of whom is the hiring manager. The logistics are handled by an outside agency and it is difficult to get answers to questions.
- I was instructed (via email) to prepare a 2 minute presentation on a product. I called the agency to ask for clarification on presentation. I was told to prepare a product overview and to keep strictly to 2 minutes. I complied. I did not receive an offer and the feedback I got was that the hiring manager was disappointed because I did not review the studies. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review