Novogradac & Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 9, 2015

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company.

Interview

First round was a phone interview with the manager about 30 minutes. Easy and just basic resume questions. Second interview was with three staff accountant, each about 30 mins. Before the interview, there was a test on basic accounting knowledge (depreciation/amortization, etc.) and excel formatting. The questions were quite random based on the person you would be talking to. Most questions were based on your resume. Not a lot behavior questions.

Interview Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview asking me about the company and why i was interested in it. Office visit for round 2 next week. The phone interview was very chill and nice.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call for initial screening within a week. Then, I received an email to schedule an onsite interview. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions. After that, I was asked to take an assessment test which I was notified about earlier when I scheduled the interview. It has three parts: a short paragraph on why you want to work in public accounting and why Novogradac, excel spreadsheet, and some accounting questions. I was told that I would be given 45 minutes, but they insisted that I turn in the test after 25 minutes. At that point I assumed that I am not getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• The accounting part on the assessment test could be tricky.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant/ Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied on their website and got contacted after 3 weeks via email. The first interview is over phone, nth special, standard questions and got asked about salary. I was applying for staff acountant position but they asked me if I am available for intern and I said yes. I got contacted after one day for the second round interview. I got interview with a tax manager and took a short assessment test. The test is mostly basic accounting. After one day, I got contacted for the third interview and interviewed with 3 people. All interviewers are nice and they asked me basically everything on my resume. Then after 2 days, I got an offer as an intern and now I am waiting for background check to be cleared....

Interview Questions

• Difficult question: Tell me about your leadership experience.....actually nth unexpected...   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company.

Interview

Good process, enjoyed speaking with the people there. Overall good interview experience - very structured. Had to do a basic assessment for excel, a written assessment why I wanted to work here and also basic accounting test. Met with Partner, Manager and Senior and got a tour of the office.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through university's career center. The interview was very conversational, no questions about my resume or behavior questions. Main questions were why Novogradac and Audit, and I asked a lot of questions about the interviewer's personal experiences.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

1st round is a phone screen. They ask basic questions, but make sure you do research about the firm and its niches. 2nd round is a onsite office interview with a senior. More behavorial questions. After the interview, there's an assessment test composed of accounting, excel, and writing. It's timed and so make sure you know your basic accounting and excel skills. 3rd round was another onsite office interview with an associate, senior, manager, and supervisor. More behavorial questions with a few accounting questions. I was notified that I would get an offer two days later and got the official offer once my background check cleared. The whole process took about 3 weeks, the recruiter did a good job letting me know where I was at in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• What are some things you look for in the financial statements as an investor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't try.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company in October 2014.

Interview

The worst interview ever. Two people interviewed me. Application through school was put priority, so get to know them beforehand and if they remember you, you will get an interview. Most of them are behavior questions. They asked many behavioral question about the leadership abilities.

Interview Questions

• Explain the concept of depreciation to someone who has no business knowledge.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company in October 2014.

Interview

The interview normally takes 2-3 hours, 2 senior principals will talk to you for 45 mins each session and then you will do an one hour test about your basic computer and accounting skills. People there are so so so nice, no pressure at all, just casual conversations.

FT Junior ACCOUNTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Got a email regarding phone interview. It took about 20 min for phone interview. Got reply in 2 days regarding for first office visit. During the first visit, met 1 senior for 30 min interview, all about behavior questions. After first office visit, got reply the next day for the 2nd office visit. Interviewed by 4 interviewer, 2 senior associates, 2 manager, more about your background instead of behavior questions.