Novogradac & Company Interview Questions

Updated Aug 21, 2014
Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.7

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in August 2014.

I applied online through my school website, experience.com. I had to send them a transcript, resume, cover letter and their online application. I went to their Boston office and was first asked to take a small test and to prepare a writing sample. This took be about 45 minutes. I was then interview by 3 "senior accountants", all about 20 minutes each. Questions were fairly simple, but make sure you understand the job description very well! They asked me questions like "Do you like to work on a team or by yourself" and the job description clearly stated that you would be working within a team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult/unexpected part of the interview was the small test and writing sample. I had not heard of other firms doing this so it was very out of the blue, but the test was simple. Make sure you know WHY you want to work for novogradac & company and HOW you are a good fit for the job and their company   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in November 2012.

Did not negotiate, it was only a 3 month busy season internship

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in August 2011.

I had a phone call interview with the Hiring Manager. After that the process took about a week. And then I came in for a face to face interview with three managers and one senior level staff accountant. After that the process took about two weeks. I received an offer shortly after that.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to work at Novogradac & Company?   View Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in December 2013.

A phone interview and then two in person interview with administration department. Interview can be long and if it ends short your not going to be hired. The work itself is simply and boring. Don't bother to settle yourself in that department. You will not move up. If you like being bored, getting paid less, being stuck in one position, please apply.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Must accept first salary or hourly pay. Do not even bother.

Human Resources/Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in May 2014.

1). Applied online 2). Received an email from HR 3). Replied to email 4). Phone call from HR with basic questions regarding the role and my experience 5). Interviewed with HR and two principals. The entire processed was rushed and took over a matter of days

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The work culture is not exactly HR savvy or highly educated on the HR strategic process or question track. More specifically, the questions were exceedingly non specific and too general for them to provide a fair and knowledgeable assessment of the candidate.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in September 2013.

General questions. Not industry specific. Not work specific.

No negotiation

Audit Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in October 2013.

I applied for the busy season internship position with college career service center. Then I had an on campus interview. The questions were general interview questions, not hard in general. They will make you take a test at an office visit.

Interview Questions
    • What skills did you gain from your last internship or job?
      What do you like about Novogradac website?
        Answer Question

Forcasting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in January 2014.

I applied through internet, and got an interview about 2 weeks later. Interview questions are pretty standard. Questions include elaborate your resume, challenge situation that you face,salary expectation and so on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novogradac & Company in November 2013.

office interview, then back to back interviews with 4 employees

Staff Accountant/Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novogradac & Company.

I applied online, and the process took few days. Initially An hr personnel contacted me and set up a phone interview with another Staff Accountant. After two days, I received an email for an in-house interview. The interview was time consuming, however it was not difficult at all. I enjoyed my conversation mostly with the higher level staff. They seemed more natural and the conversation flowed nice and smooth. The junior staff however, were asking questions from a generative questionnaire. That got a little boring, as the same questions were asked by two interviewers back to back. All were behavioral questions. Overall, they were just trying to figure out if I will fit the role and the team, and if my nature of behavior is capable for their working environment. After meeting five individuals, at the end of the interview was the assessment test. The test was very simple. There were three parts to the test. Some general excel, a word document asking to answer 'why novogradac?' in limited words and lastly the accounting portion. The accounting portion was fair. If you have take intermediate accounting 1 and financial accounting you will be good. Mostly assets, prepaid insurance, depreciation and amortization questions came. Overall the interview was long but not difficult at all.

Worked for Novogradac & Company? Contribute to the Community!