Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Novogradac & Company
- Staff Accountant (31)
- Intern (12)
- Staff Accountant Intern (8)
- Internship (2)
- Tax Associate (2)
- Interview (1)
- Research/Analyst (1)
- Human Resources/Recruiting (1)
- Acccounting Intern (1)
- Internal Staff Accountant (1)
- Staff Accounting Intern (1)
- Staff Accountant/Internship (1)
- Forcasting Intern (1)
- Staff Accountant/ (1)
- FT Junior ACCOUNTANT (1)
- Intern - Hourly (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Senior Accountant (1)
- Accountant (1)
- Accounting (1)
- Accounting Intern (1)
- Audit Associate (1)
- Audit Intern (1)
- Staff (1)
- Research Analyst (1)
- N/A (1)
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.
Got a email regarding phone interview. It took about 20 min for phone interview. Got reply in 2 days regarding for first office visit. During the first visit, met 1 senior for 30 min interview, all about behavior questions. After first office visit, got reply the next day for the 2nd office visit. Interviewed by 4 interviewer, 2 senior associates, 2 manager, more about your background instead of behavior questions.
- No Offer
It is easy to encounter the interview. Step 1 is that you get interviewed by one of relative department supervisor regarding your academic background and past experience. Step 2 is that you get the assessment test and it takes 45mins to finish it.
- It is easy to follow the the instruction and answer the questions Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company in September 2014.
There is a 45 minute timed test followed by a face to face interview with a single person. (I did an on-campus interview with a recruiter.) The test was a little harder than anticipated, all short answer, so brush up on your Financial Accounting. The Excel and Word parts were really simple though. The interview was really laid back and the person I interview with was amiable and non-threatening. Just go in with a smile and you will do fine.
- The financial part of the quiz- brush up on straight-line depreciation. Answer Question
The Interviewer said he would get back to me in two weeks and that point has not yet hit, but I expect to get an offer.
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.
Applied online and about a week later, I got an email to schedule for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I got invited for an office visit/in person interview. Everyone was extremely friendly, sociable. They make you take a basic accounting/excel test.
- Why do you want to work for Novogradac? Why not PWC or Deloitte? Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.
Just interviewed recently and I must say it was the WORST company that I've seen EVER! The moment I stepped in their building, I had the feeling that I was inside a shoe factory. I couldn't find any motivation of getting a job there after seeing the building itself.
- Why public accounting at Novogradac? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.
I meet the HR person. She introduced herself and explained the interview process. Then she introduced some staff accountants. I talked with them for 10/20 minutes. I asked what they thought about the company and their jobs. They looked very bored from working there. After talking with them I met a senior accountant. Finally I talked with a Manager.
- What attracted you to this company? 1 Answer
I didn't negotiate. They just sent an offer
Helpful (2)Declined OfferEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company in August 2014.
I applied online through my school website, experience.com. I had to send them a transcript, resume, cover letter and their online application. I went to their Boston office and was first asked to take a small test and to prepare a writing sample. This took be about 45 minutes. I was then interview by 3 "senior accountants", all about 20 minutes each. Questions were fairly simple, but make sure you understand the job description very well! They asked me questions like "Do you like to work on a team or by yourself" and the job description clearly stated that you would be working within a team.
- The most difficult/unexpected part of the interview was the small test and writing sample. I had not heard of other firms doing this so it was very out of the blue, but the test was simple. Make sure you know WHY you want to work for novogradac & company and HOW you are a good fit for the job and their company Answer Question
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.
I applied online through LinkedIn. About a week later I received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant and typical. There were a lot of behavioral questions (i.e., Tell me a time you did ---). There was a lot of emphasis on my knowledge of the company. I was then invited for a in person interview. It took a little while to set that up, about a week. The in person interview was a very long process. I met with an administrative person who was very nice. Then I interviewed with a senior manager who was also very nice. The last part was a 45 minute test. The assessment is a 150 word essay about the company, a five question accounting assessment that involves full-blown textbook like accounting questions, and an excel formatting exercise.
- I personally thought that the accounting assessment was difficult. However, I have only done accounting out of a textbook, so my knowledge is not solidified. If you freshly took intermediate 1 or have some working knowledge you will be better off. I think both those things worked against me. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.
A series of 3-4 interviews with senior level staff as well as Manager level. Some interviews were conversational, others were behavioral based and read off of a piece of paper. The whole process was very one dimensional.
- Q: Why do you want to join this firm? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Novogradac & Company (San Francisco, CA) in May 2014.
1). Applied online 2). Received an email from HR 3). Replied to email 4). Phone call from HR with basic questions regarding the role and my experience 5). Interviewed with HR and two principals. The entire processed was rushed and took over a matter of days
- There were no unexpected questions. The work culture is not exactly HR savvy or highly educated on the HR strategic process or question track. More specifically, the questions were exceedingly non specific and too general for them to provide a fair and knowledgeable assessment of the candidate. Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review