Novogradac & Company

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.7

Tax Associate Interview

It is easy to encounter the interview. Step 1 is that you get interviewed by one of relative department supervisor regarding your academic background and past experience. Step 2 is that you get the assessment test and it takes 45mins to finish it.

Interview Questions
    • It is easy to follow the the instruction and answer the questions   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Novogradac & Company in September 2014.

There is a 45 minute timed test followed by a face to face interview with a single person. (I did an on-campus interview with a recruiter.) The test was a little harder than anticipated, all short answer, so brush up on your Financial Accounting. The Excel and Word parts were really simple though.
    The interview was really laid back and the person I interview with was amiable and non-threatening. Just go in with a smile and you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • The financial part of the quiz- brush up on straight-line depreciation.   Answer Question
    The Interviewer said he would get back to me in two weeks and that point has not yet hit, but I expect to get an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novogradac & Company in September 2014.

Applied online and about a week later, I got an email to schedule for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I got invited for an office visit/in person interview. Everyone was extremely friendly, sociable.

They make you take a basic accounting/excel test.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Novogradac? Why not PWC or Deloitte?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Novogradac & Company in September 2014.

Just interviewed recently and I must say it was the WORST company that I've seen EVER! The moment I stepped in their building, I had the feeling that I was inside a shoe factory. I couldn't find any motivation of getting a job there after seeing the building itself.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novogradac & Company in August 2014.

I applied online through my school website, experience.com. I had to send them a transcript, resume, cover letter and their online application. I went to their Boston office and was first asked to take a small test and to prepare a writing sample. This took be about 45 minutes. I was then interview by 3 "senior accountants", all about 20 minutes each. Questions were fairly simple, but make sure you understand the job description very well! They asked me questions like "Do you like to work on a team or by yourself" and the job description clearly stated that you would be working within a team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult/unexpected part of the interview was the small test and writing sample. I had not heard of other firms doing this so it was very out of the blue, but the test was simple. Make sure you know WHY you want to work for novogradac & company and HOW you are a good fit for the job and their company   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

interviewed at Novogradac & Company in August 2014.

I applied online through LinkedIn. About a week later I received an email for a phone interview. The phone interview was pleasant and typical. There were a lot of behavioral questions (i.e., Tell me a time you did ---). There was a lot of emphasis on my knowledge of the company. I was then invited for a in person interview. It took a little while to set that up, about a week. The in person interview was a very long process. I met with an administrative person who was very nice. Then I interviewed with a senior manager who was also very nice. The last part was a 45 minute test. The assessment is a 150 word essay about the company, a five question accounting assessment that involves full-blown textbook like accounting questions, and an excel formatting exercise.

Interview Questions
    • I personally thought that the accounting assessment was difficult. However, I have only done accounting out of a textbook, so my knowledge is not solidified. If you freshly took intermediate 1 or have some working knowledge you will be better off. I think both those things worked against me.   Answer Question

Human Resources/Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Novogradac & Company in May 2014.

1). Applied online 2). Received an email from HR 3). Replied to email 4). Phone call from HR with basic questions regarding the role and my experience 5). Interviewed with HR and two principals. The entire processed was rushed and took over a matter of days

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The work culture is not exactly HR savvy or highly educated on the HR strategic process or question track. More specifically, the questions were exceedingly non specific and too general for them to provide a fair and knowledgeable assessment of the candidate.   Answer Question

Forcasting Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Novogradac & Company in January 2014.

I applied through internet, and got an interview about 2 weeks later. Interview questions are pretty standard. Questions include elaborate your resume, challenge situation that you face,salary expectation and so on.

Staff Accountant/Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Novogradac & Company.

I applied online, and the process took few days. Initially An hr personnel contacted me and set up a phone interview with another Staff Accountant. After two days, I received an email for an in-house interview. The interview was time consuming, however it was not difficult at all. I enjoyed my conversation mostly with the higher level staff. They seemed more natural and the conversation flowed nice and smooth. The junior staff however, were asking questions from a generative questionnaire. That got a little boring, as the same questions were asked by two interviewers back to back. All were behavioral questions. Overall, they were just trying to figure out if I will fit the role and the team, and if my nature of behavior is capable for their working environment. After meeting five individuals, at the end of the interview was the assessment test. The test was very simple. There were three parts to the test. Some general excel, a word document asking to answer 'why novogradac?' in limited words and lastly the accounting portion. The accounting portion was fair. If you have take intermediate accounting 1 and financial accounting you will be good. Mostly assets, prepaid insurance, depreciation and amortization questions came. Overall the interview was long but not difficult at all.

Internship Interview

Initial interview with the principle and than final interview back to back with managers. Mostly just conversation than question answer.