Novotus Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.7

Recruiter Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Novotus.

I had two phone interviews and two onsite interviews in a period of three weeks. In retrospect it seemed like it was more of a personal interview than professional one considering the questions I was asked. It took a long time to get an offer but I was working so it did not seem like a big deal. Had I been unemployed I am not sure I would have been as patient.

Interview Questions
    • What is most important to you?
      Tell me about your family.
      Tell me a out your background.
      What so you do outside of work?
        Answer Question
    Long. They really lowballed my base.

Human Resources Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novotus in June 2014.

I was contacted a couple days after submitting my application by email to set up a phone interview. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and covered all the basics of my background, the position and Novotus. There weren't any hardball questions. At the end of the interview the recruiter gave me some feedback about my resume and made a few suggestions for me to implement before she sent it to the hiring manager. I edited my resume as instructed and she was very pleased with the updates. She told me that she would get back to me the following week and on that Monday she promptly got back to me to inform me that the hiring manager was moving forward with other candidates. Overall it was a fairly positive experience and the recruiter was very kind.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novotus.

Initial phone interview and then series of on-site interviews meetings. Met with a Director, group interview with 2 Recruiters, CTO, President. Process has changed recently and may be more structured and involved.

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novotus.

4-5 Interviews - detailed 1 hour with behavioral interview questions

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novotus in July 2012.

the interview process was long with a total of 6 interviewers for which 3 were late and needed to be rescheduled while onsite, so the interview was expected to be 3 hours long, but turned into 5 hours with no water or concern. I was left alone for long periods of time while schedules were rearranged. The arrogance and self loathing were very alarming as the interviews were more about the interviewer and the contribution rather than the need and my skills / desires. I left the interview with great positive feedback, but after reflecting on the environment and the arrogance of the leadership I refused to move forward. This is an environment of unprofessional and shady character judging from the comments of the leadership.

Interview Questions
    • Would my wife be ok with all the partying   View Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novotus in July 2012.

I was approached by email for a phone interview, which lasted about 30 mins.
    I was asked to talk about my most relevant projects, but unfortunately the interviewer did not have any technical background to understand what I am referring to.

Interview Questions
    • Could you please describe what you would consider as a failure in your work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Novotus in March 2011.

I was referred over to a recruiter at Novotus from a previous co-worker and I really owe her a HUGE thank you! The entire process was beyond streamlined and organized, from the initial phone interview to the second round onsite interviews. My initial phone conversation could not have gone better, and the interviewer took the time to really explain the business model, the culture, and was very thoughtful in assuring I had a complete understanding of Novotus. I was pretty sold from the get go.

The coordinator promptly reached out to me following my phone interview to set up my onsite interview. She was fabulous and easy to work with. She sent over all the information regarding my interview schedule, who I would be meeting, etc. way before my actual interview date. This is something that rarely happens with companies and I really appreciated it.

The onsite interviews were just as positive as the phone interview. I got to meet a wide array of team members, including the COO who was extremely impressive. The interviews weren't fluffy yet weren't overly rigid, which enables a good flow of conversation. I felt every person I met with gave me completely genuine answers and feedback on their experience, as well as, getting to know me and my background in depth.

It only took 24 hours for the VP to reach out to me and extend an offer which is AMAZING and he took the time to explain all the details of the offer so that I was comfortable. I could not ask for more

Interview Questions
    • What are the immediate steps you take when you are filling a role and your pipeline completely dries up?   Answer Question

Honestly, this was such a difficult decision because I had two great offers with two great companies. I chose a more corporate setting only due to my past work experience. If things aren't what they seem, I will absolutely rethink my decision and pray that Novotus still has an opening. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to work there!

Worked for Novotus? Contribute to the Community!