Novotus

5 candidate interviews

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Novotus in March 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred over to a recruiter at Novotus from a previous co-worker and I really owe her a HUGE thank you! The entire process was beyond streamlined and organized, from the initial phone interview to the second round onsite interviews. My initial phone conversation could not have gone better, and the interviewer took the time to really explain the business model, the culture, and was very thoughtful in assuring I had a complete understanding of Novotus. I was pretty sold from the get go.

The coordinator promptly reached out to me following my phone interview to set up my onsite interview. She was fabulous and easy to work with. She sent over all the information regarding my interview schedule, who I would be meeting, etc. way before my actual interview date. This is something that rarely happens with companies and I really appreciated it.

The onsite interviews were just as positive as the phone interview. I got to meet a wide array of team members, including the COO who was extremely impressive. The interviews weren't fluffy yet weren't overly rigid, which enables a good flow of conversation. I felt every person I met with gave me completely genuine answers and feedback on their experience, as well as, getting to know me and my background in depth.

It only took 24 hours for the VP to reach out to me and extend an offer which is AMAZING and he took the time to explain all the details of the offer so that I was comfortable. I could not ask for more

Interview Question – What are the immediate steps you take when you are filling a role and your pipeline completely dries up?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Honestly, this was such a difficult decision because I had two great offers with two great companies. I chose a more corporate setting only due to my past work experience. If things aren't what they seem, I will absolutely rethink my decision and pray that Novotus still has an opening. I can't imagine anyone not wanting to work there!

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novotus.

Interview Details – 4-5 Interviews - detailed 1 hour with behavioral interview questions

Interview Question – Name a time that you dropped the ball   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Novotus.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview and then series of on-site interviews meetings. Met with a Director, group interview with 2 Recruiters, CTO, President. Process has changed recently and may be more structured and involved.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Senior Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Novotus in July 2012.

Interview Details – I was approached by email for a phone interview, which lasted about 30 mins.
I was asked to talk about my most relevant projects, but unfortunately the interviewer did not have any technical background to understand what I am referring to.

Interview Question – Could you please describe what you would consider as a failure in your work?   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Senior Recruiter
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novotus in July 2012.

Interview Details – the interview process was long with a total of 6 interviewers for which 3 were late and needed to be rescheduled while onsite, so the interview was expected to be 3 hours long, but turned into 5 hours with no water or concern. I was left alone for long periods of time while schedules were rearranged. The arrogance and self loathing were very alarming as the interviews were more about the interviewer and the contribution rather than the need and my skills / desires. I left the interview with great positive feedback, but after reflecting on the environment and the arrogance of the leadership I refused to move forward. This is an environment of unprofessional and shady character judging from the comments of the leadership.

Interview Question – Would my wife be ok with all the partying   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Novotus? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novotus interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Novotus employees and interview candidates.