Novozymes

16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Intern Interview

Marketing Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Novozymes in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview was done over the phone by P&O, hiring manager called me the next day and offered me the job over the phone. I asked to come and meet him in person and he set that up the following week and gave me a tour, I accepted the job.

Interview Question – Nothing comes to mind, interview was very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At first the hourly rate offered was lower than another offer I had, and the hiring manager negotiated my pay up to the highest amount I could get as a graduate intern. They got back to me very quickly about this, in a matter of about 1-2 days.

Scientist Interview

Scientist
Franklinton, NC

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Novozymes.

Interview Details – Very thorough interview process including phone screening, whole day on site interview, personality test online, drug screening and reference check.

Interview Questions

• Where do you plan to be 5 years from now? A lot of the general questions were off a script and sounds silly for a scientist candidate with a Ph.D and 12 years experience.   Answer Question
  • Can you tell me of a situation of when you solved a problem and why you did what you did?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was lower than I thought, but I accepted to get a chance to work in a multinational company

Franklinton, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Novozymes in March 2013.

Interview Details – Approximately 40 interns were invited to an interview event at Novozymes. This included up to 3 30 minute interviews for different intern positions, a site tour and a problem session.

Interview Question – What are your 3 weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase.

Category Manager – Indirect Sourcing Interview

Category Manager – Indirect Sourcing
Franklinton, NC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Novozymes in August 2013.

Interview Details – Initially an email advised I was selected to visit for a site interview and additional details to follow. The 2nd email provided instructions for the completion and printing of pdf application papers and hyperlinks for selecting a interview date and time and completing a psychometric test called OPQ32. Our 3rd communication was the 2.5 hour, 1 HR rep and 2 departmental personnel interview. Approximately a month later I received the final communication the position has been filled.

Interview Question – Unexpected Question Early in Interview: "What kind of salary are you looking for?"   Answer Question

Franklinton, NC

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novozymes in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through the Novozymes website during the beginning of January. Received an e-mail about a month later inviting me to an intern interview/site visit day with other prospective interns. I was slightly surprised that a phone interview was not involved. There were almost 30 other intern applicants there for the interview day. We were first broken into groups and went on a site tour. Then we had several brief (20 min or so each) one-on-one interviews with employees who showed interest in our resumes. Finally, we were broken into groups for a "group problem solving session." At the end of the day, we were able to rank what our top choices of projects/mentors were.

A large majority of interview questions were very easy and basic, as they just wanted more information about items on my resume.

Interview Question – What are weaknesses/areas of development for you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate pay because it was an intern position. However, in retrospect, because I am a graduate student and not an undergrad, I wish I had at least tried.

Franklinton, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Novozymes.

Interview Details – Two step process: first a phone interview, then a site visit. Both are pretty straightforward and not tricky.

Interview Question – No tricky questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – A similar position was offered at a different company closer to home.

Senior Scientist Interview

Senior Scientist
Salem, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Novozymes in July 2012.

Interview Details – About one month after the online application, was called by the hiring manager for a phone interview to learn about my technical background and citizenship. Then got an email to invite me for an onsite interview and another email for an online personality test. The onsite interview was in the afternoon. Had a lunch together with the hiring manager, a nice talk. A lab tour after the lunch without seeing any lab members since all the people were out for lunch (hope the hiring manager could arrange a better time to let me meet with lab members :( ). Then a presentation for about 45 min, most of the audience are with microbiology background, very easy going and friendly atmosphere (some people are sleeping during my presentation, have to agree that it is easy to get sleepy after lunch!). Then a panel interview with the hiring manager and the R&D director, with one guy missing who suppose to be included in the panel meeting and no reason was given. The hiring manager didn't talk too much (because already had lot of talks during lunch). The RD director was very nice and friendly and asked a lot of technical and behavior questions, he really want to learn about me so much. Finally talked with HR person, all are behavior questions. After onsite interview, the hiring manager scheduled time to talk with my 3 referees. What surprised me that for one referee the hiring manager missed two scheduled time without any notice or explanation, which was so unprofessional.
The final decision was pushed back several times for the reason of "many people were out for vocation". Finally got a phone call from hiring manager for denial.

Interview Question – The HR person asked all about the behavior questions. No difficult technical question at all.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Franklinton, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novozymes in January 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview which was very basic - they only want to make sure that the interests align. I

On site interview - meeting with 3 or more employees for 30 minutes

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Novozymes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internship position so I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Franklinton, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novozymes in January 2008.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone screening with an HR rep. Then it was a series of on-site interviews with 4-6 different people. They identify the 5 most important characteristics they want in the job and then split the interview questions that relate to each characteristic between all the interviewers. So it is not the same interview 5 times in a row. I was asked to come back a second time for 2 more interviews. The interview styles of each interviewer were totally different. None of them were too rigorous though. Overall pretty nice people.

Interview Question – What are the top 5 things that are most important to being successful in this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Don't expect them to offer much in terms of pay. They assume that their excellent benefits package and work/life balance outweighs the low salary.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novozymes in April 2011.

Interview Details – There are 3 rounds to recrute the employees. First round is personal round. They are asks about our selfs. And second rount is technical round, they are asking all related to process. And Last round is HR round. There are askind related to expeerence and salary details.

Interview Question – No Difficult( All are based on expeerence and skills)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Because of shared service center.

Worked for Novozymes? Contribute to the Community!