Novozymes Interview Questions & Reviews

17 interviews

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novozymes in June 2014.

Short interview, only about two hours long in total. They asked me to prepare a 30 minute presentation, which ended up being for a single interviewer. The presentation is really the only opportunity that you will have to demonstrate your competency for the job since the rest of the interview is basically cookie-cutter questions (eg/ three weaknesses, describe a situation you dealt with, etc.). Seemed like a good place to work though. If you get selected for an interview, prepare for the questions that other people have previously stated for Novozymes, but definitely prepare an interview that will make you look great (brag a bit about yourself and your qualifications instead of just focusing on the subject of the presentation).

Marketing Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Novozymes in April 2014.

Interview was done over the phone by P&O, hiring manager called me the next day and offered me the job over the phone. I asked to come and meet him in person and he set that up the following week and gave me a tour, I accepted the job.

Interview Questions
    At first the hourly rate offered was lower than another offer I had, and the hiring manager negotiated my pay up to the highest amount I could get as a graduate intern. They got back to me very quickly about this, in a matter of about 1-2 days.

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklinton, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Novozymes.

Very thorough interview process including phone screening, whole day on site interview, personality test online, drug screening and reference check.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you plan to be 5 years from now? A lot of the general questions were off a script and sounds silly for a scientist candidate with a Ph.D and 12 years experience.   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me of a situation of when you solved a problem and why you did what you did?   Answer Question
    Offer was lower than I thought, but I accepted to get a chance to work in a multinational company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklinton, NC

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Novozymes in March 2013.

Approximately 40 interns were invited to an interview event at Novozymes. This included up to 3 30 minute interviews for different intern positions, a site tour and a problem session.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Category Manager – Indirect Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Franklinton, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Franklinton, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Novozymes in August 2013.

Initially an email advised I was selected to visit for a site interview and additional details to follow. The 2nd email provided instructions for the completion and printing of pdf application papers and hyperlinks for selecting a interview date and time and completing a psychometric test called OPQ32. Our 3rd communication was the 2.5 hour, 1 HR rep and 2 departmental personnel interview. Approximately a month later I received the final communication the position has been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected Question Early in Interview: "What kind of salary are you looking for?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklinton, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Novozymes in February 2013.

Applied online through the Novozymes website during the beginning of January. Received an e-mail about a month later inviting me to an intern interview/site visit day with other prospective interns. I was slightly surprised that a phone interview was not involved. There were almost 30 other intern applicants there for the interview day. We were first broken into groups and went on a site tour. Then we had several brief (20 min or so each) one-on-one interviews with employees who showed interest in our resumes. Finally, we were broken into groups for a "group problem solving session." At the end of the day, we were able to rank what our top choices of projects/mentors were.

A large majority of interview questions were very easy and basic, as they just wanted more information about items on my resume.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate pay because it was an intern position. However, in retrospect, because I am a graduate student and not an undergrad, I wish I had at least tried.

Anonymous Employee  in  Franklinton, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Franklinton, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Novozymes.

Two step process: first a phone interview, then a site visit. Both are pretty straightforward and not tricky.

Interview Questions

A similar position was offered at a different company closer to home.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Salem, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Salem, VA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Novozymes in July 2012.

About one month after the online application, was called by the hiring manager for a phone interview to learn about my technical background and citizenship. Then got an email to invite me for an onsite interview and another email for an online personality test. The onsite interview was in the afternoon. Had a lunch together with the hiring manager, a nice talk. A lab tour after the lunch without seeing any lab members since all the people were out for lunch (hope the hiring manager could arrange a better time to let me meet with lab members :( ). Then a presentation for about 45 min, most of the audience are with microbiology background, very easy going and friendly atmosphere (some people are sleeping during my presentation, have to agree that it is easy to get sleepy after lunch!). Then a panel interview with the hiring manager and the R&D director, with one guy missing who suppose to be included in the panel meeting and no reason was given. The hiring manager didn't talk too much (because already had lot of talks during lunch). The RD director was very nice and friendly and asked a lot of technical and behavior questions, he really want to learn about me so much. Finally talked with HR person, all are behavior questions. After onsite interview, the hiring manager scheduled time to talk with my 3 referees. What surprised me that for one referee the hiring manager missed two scheduled time without any notice or explanation, which was so unprofessional.
    The final decision was pushed back several times for the reason of "many people were out for vocation". Finally got a phone call from hiring manager for denial.

Interview Questions
    • The HR person asked all about the behavior questions. No difficult technical question at all.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklinton, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Novozymes in January 2012.

Phone interview which was very basic - they only want to make sure that the interests align. I

On site interview - meeting with 3 or more employees for 30 minutes

Interview Questions
    Internship position so I did not negotiate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklinton, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novozymes in January 2008.

I had an initial phone screening with an HR rep. Then it was a series of on-site interviews with 4-6 different people. They identify the 5 most important characteristics they want in the job and then split the interview questions that relate to each characteristic between all the interviewers. So it is not the same interview 5 times in a row. I was asked to come back a second time for 2 more interviews. The interview styles of each interviewer were totally different. None of them were too rigorous though. Overall pretty nice people.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top 5 things that are most important to being successful in this position?   Answer Question
    Don't expect them to offer much in terms of pay. They assume that their excellent benefits package and work/life balance outweighs the low salary.

Worked for Novozymes? Contribute to the Community!