Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services.

Interview

I applied for the position at the end of November. There was a phone interview, a questionnaire, and four additional interviews that spanned over three months. I interviewed with eight different people in the organization. I also submitted a writing sample after the last and final interview that took place in Pittsburgh.

Interview Questions

• Name three unique things about yourself. Describe the project process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services.

Interview

I submitted my application, and then had to fill out some screening questionnaires. They got in touch with me to schedule a phone interview, during which they asked most of the basic questions -- what are my strengths, weaknesses, why do I want to work there, etc. It seemed like a pre-made questionnaire that they asked all interviewees. They will contact you about a month after the phone interview to schedule you for the next round, a group in-person interview.

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in November 2011.

Interview

One interview with 3 managers. The interview process was straight forward. Standard questions, no discussion about salary. The interview panel wanted to know my availability and if I was okay to work weekends and 12 hour shifts as needed. The main focus was on availability and not if I could perform the job

Interview Questions

• how do you handle a situation where a current employee is mad at you because you got the position and their friend didn't   Answer Question

Database Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

The company is really disorganized. The recruiter began to review my resume and asked me some really boring questions, like what did you do. He also came with like I'm just curious what schools were teaching now. It's really waste of my time to go to their site.

CRA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview, then asked to come in for a "group" session which consisted of some tests then interviewing with one of the senior managers,V.P., and a team leader. Received a response about a week and a half after the group session.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation, since they tell you up front when pre-screening you over the phone. However there are opportunities to receive salary increases as you progress through the academy training and go from an intern to an official CRA, etc.

Phlebotomist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Houston, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Sent in resume, they emailed me to schdule an interveiw. I went, to interveiw was had thfour one on one interveiws. One two on one interveiw. They had me show them how I drew blood and asked standard questions. They asked about my experience, knowledge and standard questions like why did you leave your last job, etc.

Interview Questions

• How would you Handle an upset participant and your blood draws comming up, and soon to be a deviation   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. They told me the job starts at 10$, and I was asking for 14. They said that it can go up to 12 in a few months if I work well. I took the job thinking hard work would get me far...

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

Submitted a resume through online job site.

Two phone interviews and one face to face. Easy questions. Staff was disorganized, often late.

Seems very out of date. Management is not at all up to date with the current research world and showed little to no knowledge of basic software used in clinical trials.

Interview Questions

Unbelievably low salary offered (40k for a CRA is only 20k below what you'd make somewhere else) and I felt like working there would be like getting in a time machine to 1990 every morning.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

Interviewed once 1:1 took @ 20 25 mins. was phoned 3 days after submitting application, hired next day. I had no prior experience in pharm. research and expected interview to be more formal- seemed diorganised and hasty.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in research before?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I was told $20.25 but when in HR wage was $18.87

Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services.

Interview

Multiple-step process: online psych survey, a writing task, and multiple phone interviews and in-person interviews involving HR, the hiring manager, the hiring manager's supervisor, and employees who work most closely with that position.

The whole process seemed to go well, I passed the psych survey and the skills test before the interviews, and pretty much everyone I talked to was friendly and helpful. They said they wanted to fill the position soon, so after about a week of tests and interviews that went well, I was a little surprised, when I followed up a week later, to merely be told they would let me know when they reached a decision.

Then I saw they had reposted the job opening just a few days before I followed up with them (less than a week after I had finished the process); obviously, they wanted other candidates and were willing to not "fill the position soon" to find someone else. But apparently they weren't going to tell me they didn't want me, just leave me hanging. Many months later, someone in HR I had never talked to in the process sent me a generic "thank you for applying" letter that told me nothing helpful about why I didn't get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember specific questions -- questions not directly related to the position were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

CRA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in July 2010.

Interview

Pre-Screening E-mail Questionnaire. Initial phone interview, basically questions from questionnaire. Group interview with 4 managers and HR representative. Skills worksheets done in between individual interviews with each manager. The company was not a good fit for me, not very organized, didn’t feel like I knew the mission of the company after interview.

Interview Questions

• If you know your boss is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it?   Answer Question