Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services.

Interview Details – I submitted my application, and then had to fill out some screening questionnaires. They got in touch with me to schedule a phone interview, during which they asked most of the basic questions -- what are my strengths, weaknesses, why do I want to work there, etc. It seemed like a pre-made questionnaire that they asked all interviewees. They will contact you about a month after the phone interview to schedule you for the next round, a group in-person interview.

Interview Question – What does a CRA do?   Answer Question

Phlebotomist Interview

Phlebotomist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – Sent in resume, they emailed me to schdule an interveiw. I went, to interveiw was had thfour one on one interveiws. One two on one interveiw. They had me show them how I drew blood and asked standard questions. They asked about my experience, knowledge and standard questions like why did you leave your last job, etc.

Interview Question – How would you Handle an upset participant and your blood draws comming up, and soon to be a deviation   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate. They told me the job starts at 10$, and I was asking for 14. They said that it can go up to 12 in a few months if I work well. I took the job thinking hard work would get me far...

Database Intern Interview

Database Intern
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in October 2011.

Interview Details – The company is really disorganized. The recruiter began to review my resume and asked me some really boring questions, like what did you do. He also came with like I'm just curious what schools were teaching now. It's really waste of my time to go to their site.

Interview Question – Do you use Access?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

CRA Interview

CRA
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initially had a phone interview, then asked to come in for a "group" session which consisted of some tests then interviewing with one of the senior managers,V.P., and a team leader. Received a response about a week and a half after the group session.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation, since they tell you up front when pre-screening you over the phone. However there are opportunities to receive salary increases as you progress through the academy training and go from an intern to an official CRA, etc.

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in May 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed once 1:1 took @ 20 25 mins. was phoned 3 days after submitting application, hired next day. I had no prior experience in pharm. research and expected interview to be more formal- seemed diorganised and hasty.

Interview Question – Have you worked in research before?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was told $20.25 but when in HR wage was $18.87

Clinical Research Associate Interview

Clinical Research Associate
Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in July 2009.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume through online job site.

Two phone interviews and one face to face. Easy questions. Staff was disorganized, often late.

Seems very out of date. Management is not at all up to date with the current research world and showed little to no knowledge of basic software used in clinical trials.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Unbelievably low salary offered (40k for a CRA is only 20k below what you'd make somewhere else) and I felt like working there would be like getting in a time machine to 1990 every morning.

Writer Interview

Writer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services.

Interview Details – Multiple-step process: online psych survey, a writing task, and multiple phone interviews and in-person interviews involving HR, the hiring manager, the hiring manager's supervisor, and employees who work most closely with that position.

The whole process seemed to go well, I passed the psych survey and the skills test before the interviews, and pretty much everyone I talked to was friendly and helpful. They said they wanted to fill the position soon, so after about a week of tests and interviews that went well, I was a little surprised, when I followed up a week later, to merely be told they would let me know when they reached a decision.

Then I saw they had reposted the job opening just a few days before I followed up with them (less than a week after I had finished the process); obviously, they wanted other candidates and were willing to not "fill the position soon" to find someone else. But apparently they weren't going to tell me they didn't want me, just leave me hanging. Many months later, someone in HR I had never talked to in the process sent me a generic "thank you for applying" letter that told me nothing helpful about why I didn't get the job offer.

Interview Question – Don't remember specific questions -- questions not directly related to the position were pretty standard interview questions.   Answer Question

CRA Interview

CRA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services in July 2010.

Interview Details – Pre-Screening E-mail Questionnaire. Initial phone interview, basically questions from questionnaire. Group interview with 4 managers and HR representative. Skills worksheets done in between individual interviews with each manager. The company was not a good fit for me, not very organized, didn’t feel like I knew the mission of the company after interview.

Interview Question – If you know your boss is 100% wrong about something how would you handle it?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Novum Pharmaceutical Research Services employees and interview candidates.