NuSil Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technologist Interview

Technologist
Carpinteria, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NuSil Technology in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by onsite interview with a panel department people. Nice an friendly environment. More interested in what can you do for the company versus trying to get you

Negotiation Details – Not much room to negotiate

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Carpinteria, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NuSil Technology.

Interview Details – why you apply to this position. how do you perform your skill. do you know silicone. do you know six sigma problem solving tools. do you know Agile.
then another group people come in, and ask the similar questions again and again.

Interview Question – they asked like 30+ questions. unexpected is the salary is very low.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary

Internship Interview

Internship
Carpinteria, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at NuSil Technology in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, and got a call 4 months later asking me to come in for an interview, scheduled a time and went in. They were very nice, and I filled out some forms, then I was brought into a group interview and was asked questions, and then given a tour of the facility.

Interview Question – What does quality mean to you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chemist Interview

Chemist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NuSil Technology.

Interview Details – Make you sign in at HR and take a little math and chemistry quiz.

Then they put you in a room with 7 people and only two of them ask questions like: tell me about a time when you showed true leadership?

No technical questions.

Interview Question – Tell me something you regret?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Carpinteria, CA

I applied online - interviewed at NuSil Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – basic compentency testing, interview questions and interview process

Negotiation Details – negotable

Technologist Interview

Technologist

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at NuSil Technology.

Interview Details – great people, interviewed multiple times. the company is invested in hiring people who want to learn and grow in the industry

QC Analytical Chemist Interview

QC Analytical Chemist
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at NuSil Technology in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through company website. Received call for on-site interview.

They had a three member panel. Engineer, Engineering Manager and HR. Each had a set of questions printed on a paper with them. They asked questions straight from the paper, one after the other and scribbled down the answers I gave. There was nothing impromptu or casual. It was pretty much like lengthy viva voce.

Technical questions were in-depth and specific to the job position.

Interview Question – Why and were do we use KBr in FTIR?
What do you know about ISO?
  Answer Question

Testing Technician Interview

Testing Technician
Irving, TX

Interview Details – I applied online and within a week I was contacted by phone for the initial interview, I was eight months pregnant and showing. I was given the initial math tests and verbal tests which were very easy SAT type Questions. The interviewer looked clearly uncomfortable with my situation--I was not called back.

Interview Question – They were standard type Questions--given a scenario and was asked based on what was ethical or not   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Lab Technician
Carpinteria, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NuSil Technology in November 2011.

Interview Details – If you're worried about the math/verbal test, don't be. The material covered on both tests isn't difficult at all. We're talking high school level. For the verbal it's grammar, spelling, reading comprehension, and synonyms. The math part is add, subtract, divide, multiply, basic algebra and some geometry. You get 20 minutes per test.

After taking the tests you speak to the hiring manager. You get questions like strengths, weaknesses, challenges. It's just an opportunity to sell yourself, talk about your experience, and learn about the position.

As interviews go, it's painless. Just prepare for the math/verbal like you would any test and be ready to talk about your resume.

Interview Question – What would be a major weakness of your coworkers in the past?   View Answer

Material Handler I Interview

Material Handler I
Carpinteria, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at NuSil Technology in December 2010.

Interview Details – I was called and scheduled an interview over the phone. When I came in I had to fill out an application and sign a bunch of papers. After filling out the application I was taken to a room to take 2 tests, one was a verbal/communication test and the other was math. They were both relatively easy if you have has high school education. Then I went in with the interviewer and was asked questions from a printed out sheet he had, which he also took notes on. I don't remember all of the questions but they were pretty basic and not out of the ordinary.

Interview Question – Tell me an experience at one of your previous jobs where you had to take a problem to your supervisor.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was very happy with the offer they gave me.

Worked for NuSil Technology? Contribute to the Community!