NuVasive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

Design Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at NuVasive.

They had 2 days (9am - 2, 3 pm) full of interviews with various people from the teams you will interact with. These people mostly asked about your experiences and projects you have worked on. Nuvasive relies on its engineers to be outside-the-box, design driven engineers so emphasizing your robust imagination and creative thinking will go further than saying you know how to GD&T something perfectly. There were very few technical questions and the technical questions were rapid fire verbal questions intended to make sure you understand the basic engineering concepts of engineering backwards and forwards.

Interview Questions
    • Basic beam loading overviews, questions regarding past projects, your roles as an engineer/student, how you would approach certain engineering problems   Answer Question

Document Control Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at NuVasive.

I attended a job fair at the facility and was interviewed by 2 people he day of the job fair. I eventually got an email for a phone interview 5 weeks later. After the phone interview HR set up an interview at the plant. I was interviewed by three different people. I had a second round of interviews 2 weeks later where I met with 3 other people.

Interview Questions
    • The questions seemed fair, like they were really trying to get ensure that I could do the job and be a good fit within their company.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at NuVasive.

The whole process was very quick as they needed someone fill the position immediately. HR first contacted me and scheduled a phone interview with the manager the next day. After the phone interview, the manager seemed very interested and wanted to meet with me along with another associate. I met with them 2 days later and the face-to-face went well. They contacted me the next day and asked if I could start the following week.

Interview Questions
    • I did not find anything difficult in the questions. The questions were based on my knowledge and experience.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NuVasive.

I never made it to the interview process!! HR contacted me to talk and then took 3 weeks to get back to me. Then they changed the position to a part time assistant to the EAs!!

Interview Questions
    • Would I be willing to take a part time assistant to the Executive Assistants rather than the full time Executive Assistant position that I originally applied for!!!   Answer Question

Sep 30, 2014Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we were evaluating shifting business needs in an attempt to promote internally. We aim for every candidate to have a positive experience and will take your ... More

Design Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at NuVasive in September 2014.

I was contacted by email by an HR representative and after several emails back and forth, decided on a time and date for the phone interview. At the designated time, I received no call from the HR rep and waited 15 minutes before choosing to call her myself. I left a voicemail to express my desire to reschedule and reiterate my interest into the position and sent an email saying a similar thing the next morning. I have yet to get a reply to either of them. To make matters worse, this is the second time I have had this exact same interview experience with NuVasive. I was willing to overlook it the first time since, on paper, NuVasive seems like a great company to work for. I figured my experience was an anomaly, but after it happens a second time, I think it says something about the company.

Oct 7, 2014Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition

We would like to extend a sincere apology, about your second negative experience with the interview process at NuVasive. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of interviews that are conducted for ... More

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at NuVasive.

I was contacted by their HR dept. I had a phone interview with the HR and then a second phone interview with the hiring manager. I waited 45 mins and no phone call that day, the hiring manager forgot, so I had to reschedule another time because I ran out of my lunch time. After that second phone interview, I was brought into the company for an in person interview with the 2 accounting managers and the assistant controller for 3 hours. Then I had a final interview with the controller a different date and HR called me an hr before the interview and said the controller was sick and if I could come in the next day. I was not too happy considering I had already asked work 2 separate days off to go interview and then they expected me to ask another day off? I emailed HR back and asked if they could work around my schedule since I didn't want to alarm my manager of all the days I asked off. Nuvasive emailed me back and said they moved on with another candidate. THEY WASTED A MONTH OF MY TIME!! and they never apologized for first totally missed my phone interview and then the second time for canceling on me last min when I had asked the day off already.

Sep 9, 2014Senior Specialist, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to respond. We understand what an intense time commitment the interview process can be and we will use this feedback to improve the process moving forward. We are ... More

Product Manager, Thoracolumbar Access Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NuVasive.

Interview process is intense. They really try to get to know you and make sure you are a good fit for the culture. They use a top grade interview format for the initial interview so they can assess trends in your professional career. They only want to hire the very best so this is demanding and lengthy, you even have to prepare for questions about your high school life.

Interview Questions
    • None we're too tough, they don't try to fool you just to get to know you.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at NuVasive.

I went through the process earlier this year.

Initial phone screening with the recruiter who then would pass your info to the hiring manager (if the recruiter likes you)

If the hiring manager wants to talk to you it will likely be a phone interview which arranged through a coordinator.

After the phone interview you will meet with the hiring manager one on one in person, if you are close by or do a skype interview if out of town.

Pass that, you'll have interviews with other members all in one day. I met with a senior director and would-be cross functional teammates.

I went through from beginning to the end and had a total of 10 interviewing sessions (some with the same person). NuVasive does their due diligence. Throughout the process, I was asked more about my work history and the experiences I got out of it. I did get asked some behavioral "tell me a time when..." questions but they were few.

Overall Pros:
    -Working with the coordinator was great. They were prompt in their communication.
    -Travel arrangements are covered to meet in person
    -Quick tour of the facility. What I did see was impressive!

Overall Cons:
    -The process was much longer than it should have been, due to missed and rescheduled interview sessions by the manager. A few months from beginning to end.
    -Some questions got too personal for my taste and were completely unrelated to the job.
    -A few interview sessions went way over the scheduled time. (I got other things to do too!)
    -The final interview session was brutal, 5-7 one hour interviews back to back. You got to keep your composure down the stretch because you'll be fatigued!!
    -It took 2 weeks for them to get back to me with a final decision.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at NuVasive.

Applied online and through a friend. Initial phone interview with HR, basic questions. Second phone interview with hiring manager. In person with hiring manager. On-site with multiple interviews. Asked lots of questions, personal and professional. Met with different personality types.

Interview Questions
    • What would your former managers say about you that would surprise me.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Located in a very nice area and interview was very thorough. Got interviewed by a panel along with one on one. Overall pretty professional environment and would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you a better candidate than the last person we interviewed.   Answer Question