Nuance Interview Questions in Burlington, MA

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Principal Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA).

Interview

Positive experience, multiple rounds of interview that involved focused conversations, prompt response to the follow-up questions.

Negotiation

Great efforts to offer an attractive package, addressed most concerns.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA).

Interview

The job has been posted for quite some time. I applied and the recruiter reached out via email about 2 weeks after I applied. She asked when I was available and I responded right away, then she went MIA like the other reviewers have mentioned. I followed up and she was very rude on the initial call. She asked why I missed her phone call, etc. Even after all that she still wanted me to speak with the hiring manager so I told her some times. Never heard back so I followed up two weeks later. I finally did speak to two hiring managers and they were nice but did ask very deep questions about my resume. Didn't leave much of an opportunity for me to ask any questions about the job, etc. I was not impressed. I have a friend who worked here as a Senior Manager and he said the morale is horrible and there is a high turnover, people do get burned out quickly. Still waiting to hear back.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

No phone screen interview, was asked to visit their headquarters to meet with 4 employees including the hiring manager. Never heard back from recruiter nor hiring manager after calling and emailing them multiple times.

Interview Questions

• None of their questions were difficult nor unexpected.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, MA

Application

I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in July 2013.

Interview

excellent relationship with recruiter, good communication, met very professional and interesting people who took time to get to know me

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted the offer that was given to me, I felt it was very fair

Training Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

After two phone screens I was invited in for interviews with hiring manager and team. Everything was on a tight schedule. Bing, bang, boom. Very little small talk. All business. The hiring manager and staff seemed nice enough, although nothing exceptional. Everyone emphasized that I should contact them if I had any additional questions. I followed up with the usual prompt thank you notes and a few additional brief questions. Only one out of four people (the most cordial interviewer) responded with answers. The recruiter walked me to the lobby and assured me that he would get back to me by Wednesday with feedback from the team. Never heard a thing. At weeks end, I sent him a friendly memo expressing enthusiasm for the opportunity and asking for any feedback. Again, no response.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with HR and the hiring manager. This led to a first round of on site interviews with the hiring manager, lead architect and peer managers. Interview process was straightforward as they asked a lot of typical questions related to past experience. The architect had me draw out the architecture of current solution I was managing and asked why I did things certain ways. This led to a second round with some of the same people and some newer higher up people. A lot asked the same questions either from before or (where they wanted more detailed answers) or from person to person (definitely didn't have a defined plan between the managers). Had one final on site interview (the 3rd) and then never got a definite yes or no. Kept following up with HR with a we'll know more next week. Additionally, was told 2x that it would be the final step in the interview process when it wasn't.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected question was because a number of people asked it so it made me wary about the environment. Asked if given the opportunity in a meeting would I speak up during a meeting if I disagreed with views or would I be quiet and follow up later. Since it was asked a few times and the fact they said a lot of communication is done through email seemed like an issue.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

I'd previously interviewed with them in 2010, which went ok. After the interview, they left me a message to callback to setup a followup, which sounded great. I called back and emailed a bunch of times, but they never answered nor replied, so I gave up. A few months later they left another message, so I tried again a few times to reach them, but another waste of time. Around 2013, another Nuance recruiter contacted me thru linkedin about another position there. I repeatedly attempted to contact him back, but once again got nowhere. There is no justification for their rudeness, if they didn't want to be contacted, then shouldn't tell candidates to call back.

Interview Questions

• Most questions asked about basic experience, high level job summaries, strengths/weaknesses/mistakes, etc. Nothing particularly hard.   1 Answer

Software Contracts Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in February 2013.

Interview

Got the referral through a legal recruiting firm.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about contract negotiation scenario.   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviewed first with HR by phone. First visit to Nuance HQ was to meet with about 6 people individually who interface with role. Second visit included a couple more interviews and a presentation. Overall HR was responsive and helpful. Most people I interviewed with seemed like they'd make decent co-workers - however most did not seem overly happy to be working at the company (though one person was strangely overenthusiastic).. My own interest in the role and company was dampened by Glassdoor reviews by over 125+ people that averaged in the Dissatisfied range and showed a very low CEO approval rating. This data reinforced my feeling while at Nuance that people aren't very happy working there.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions about how my background would be relevant to role.   Answer Question

An Management-level Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nuance (Burlington, MA) in July 2012.

Interview

Phone screen interview w/Nuance HR recruiter, followed by an in person interview with several individuals that I would be working with 2 wks later. I was one of 1st folks brought in for this position. Was told other individuals that would need to interview me are traveling/on vacation, and that there might be further interviews in a few weeks. It is now 2 weeks from that interview date w/no follow up yet by them yet. Attempted to contact the recruiter with whom I was dealing to see where process is and "check in" -- learned that this recruiter no longer works @Nuance.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too specific, mostly focused on my resume and why I left other positions. Although putting down "no offer" - I think the process is still going on (hopefully), so it's more like "no offer yet".   1 Answer