Nuance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nuance in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screening with HR and the hiring manager. This led to a first round of on site interviews with the hiring manager, lead architect and peer managers. Interview process was straightforward as they asked a lot of typical questions related to past experience. The architect had me draw out the architecture of current solution I was managing and asked why I did things certain ways. This led to a second round with some of the same people and some newer higher up people. A lot asked the same questions either from before or (where they wanted more detailed answers) or from person to person (definitely didn't have a defined plan between the managers). Had one final on site interview (the 3rd) and then never got a definite yes or no. Kept following up with HR with a we'll know more next week. Additionally, was told 2x that it would be the final step in the interview process when it wasn't.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was because a number of people asked it so it made me wary about the environment. Asked if given the opportunity in a meeting would I speak up during a meeting if I disagreed with views or would I be quiet and follow up later. Since it was asked a few times and the fact they said a lot of communication is done through email seemed like an issue.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Nuance in September 2013.

Interview Details – No phone screen interview, was asked to visit their headquarters to meet with 4 employees including the hiring manager. Never heard back from recruiter nor hiring manager after calling and emailing them multiple times.

Interview Question – None of their questions were difficult nor unexpected.   Answer Question

Principal Project Manager Interview

Principal Project Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Nuance.

Interview Details – Positive experience, multiple rounds of interview that involved focused conversations, prompt response to the follow-up questions.

Negotiation Details – Great efforts to offer an attractive package, addressed most concerns.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nuance.

Interview Details – The job has been posted for quite some time. I applied and the recruiter reached out via email about 2 weeks after I applied. She asked when I was available and I responded right away, then she went MIA like the other reviewers have mentioned. I followed up and she was very rude on the initial call. She asked why I missed her phone call, etc. Even after all that she still wanted me to speak with the hiring manager so I told her some times. Never heard back so I followed up two weeks later. I finally did speak to two hiring managers and they were nice but did ask very deep questions about my resume. Didn't leave much of an opportunity for me to ask any questions about the job, etc. I was not impressed. I have a friend who worked here as a Senior Manager and he said the morale is horrible and there is a high turnover, people do get burned out quickly. Still waiting to hear back.

Interview Question – How I communicated across different teams   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Burlington, MA

I interviewed at Nuance in July 2013.

Interview Details – excellent relationship with recruiter, good communication, met very professional and interesting people who took time to get to know me

Interview Question – what matters to you most about your next opportunity   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted the offer that was given to me, I felt it was very fair

Director, Product Management Interview

Director, Product Management
Burlington, MA

I interviewed at Nuance in May 2012.

Interview Details – People were friendly and the interview was very professional. There were multiple rounds of interviews that included people from different levels, both above the below. The working environment was fine, though people work long hours. There seemed to have a shortage of resources to keep the business going and that was the reason of many openings.

Interview Question – Mostly behavior interviews. Not difficult. There were a few unexpected questions, such as how do you expect to work long hours.   Answer Question

Training Program Manager Interview

Training Program Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nuance in April 2013.

Interview Details – After two phone screens I was invited in for interviews with hiring manager and team. Everything was on a tight schedule. Bing, bang, boom. Very little small talk. All business. The hiring manager and staff seemed nice enough, although nothing exceptional. Everyone emphasized that I should contact them if I had any additional questions.
I followed up with the usual prompt thank you notes and a few additional brief questions. Only one out of four people (the most cordial interviewer) responded with answers.
The recruiter walked me to the lobby and assured me that he would get back to me by Wednesday with feedback from the team. Never heard a thing. At weeks end, I sent him a friendly memo expressing enthusiasm for the opportunity and asking for any feedback. Again, no response.

Software Contracts Attorney Interview

Software Contracts Attorney
Burlington, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nuance in February 2013.

Interview Details – Got the referral through a legal recruiting firm.

Interview Question – Specific questions about contract negotiation scenario.   Answer Question

NLP Research Engineer Interview

NLP Research Engineer
Burlington, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Nuance in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and I was contacted by the HR with a set of 4-5 questions to reply by email. I sent them the replies but nothing happened and a couple of months later, I got contacted by another recruiter in the company with the same questions and after 3rd/4th time I was booked for a interview with 2-3 technical groups each working in a different city. The interview started with general introduction and later some questions about my cv. One group also asked me about the level of my familiarity with a range of skills (10 or more). I was told that the next interview would be face to face with 15-20 min presentation by me and I will hear from them.

Interview Question – Do you want to be a manager?   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Nuance in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed first with HR by phone. First visit to Nuance HQ was to meet with about 6 people individually who interface with role. Second visit included a couple more interviews and a presentation. Overall HR was responsive and helpful. Most people I interviewed with seemed like they'd make decent co-workers - however most did not seem overly happy to be working at the company (though one person was strangely overenthusiastic).. My own interest in the role and company was dampened by Glassdoor reviews by over 125+ people that averaged in the Dissatisfied range and showed a very low CEO approval rating. This data reinforced my feeling while at Nuance that people aren't very happy working there.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions about how my background would be relevant to role.   Answer Question

Worked for Nuance? Contribute to the Community!