Nuance Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Mar 12, 2015
Updated Mar 12, 2015

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through college job posting. Took a month and a half before they got back with an invitation to go on-site for an interview. Interviewer was cordial, interviewing environment was comfortable, and the questions asked were overall informal and nontechnical.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past projects; would you be interested in doing these tasks?   Answer Question

Speech Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nuance.

Interview

Initially contacted via email, then contacted in about 2 weeks for an interview. After the initial interview, I was contacted for a second interview after about 1 week. I was then told that I should expect to be contacted 2-3 weeks after the interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Asked about experience in linguistics and computer science, specifically with pattern recognition tools and models. Asked for details about relevant experience (in previous work, in school, and in outside projects) and for specifics about what I worked on and what tools I used.   Answer Question

Product Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nuance (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Two interviews, one by phone and a second in person - which itself was a double interview. Very fast interview process, less than 24 hours after application an interview was scheduled. Some technical aspects to the interview were follow by less technical, more soft skill scenario type questions. Standard "get to know you" type discussion follows. Second manager interview with more structured questions, typical interview questions.

Software QA Intern Interview

Interview

Received a phone interview one week after I applied. The interviewer was very nice and we talked about the job details and some of my past experience and projects in school.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about software quality assurance methods(ex. testing, agile development)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nuance.

Interview

All communication was through the Nuance recruiter and the interview was with the hiring manager. Questions were all behaviorall

Interview Questions

• Question about attitude was the most difficult question.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nuance in December 2013.

Interview

A few technical questions + questions regarding experience. went very smoothly

Negotiation

not negotiable

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Gave them my CV at a student job fair in October, and received a reply in early December. The interview process itself was relatively quick; did a phone interview with some stock filter questions ("What's a void pointer?"), then followed up less than a week later with the actual interview.

I was interviewed by three people. Two of the three asked standard questions, ranging from trivially easy conceptual questions (some of which I already answered in the phone interview) such as explaining data structures, OOP, etc. to writing algorithms like binary search or merge sort. The last interviewer asked the toughest questions, though I don't think he was looking for specific answers.

The interview finished shortly before Christmas time (December 17th), so I was in limbo for about two weeks as the entire HR department (at least, the recruiters) were on vacation. When the process picked up again in early January, the negotiations were completed and documents were signed by mid-January. The entire process took about 1.5 months.

Interview Questions

• If you have a function which returns the address of a local variable, then outside the function, you attempt to print whatever is at the address, what gets printed?   1 Answer

NLU Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nuance.

Interview

Contacted the first time via email 2 months after sending the resume. Then one interview by phone with a manager. Got an email the following day asking about salary and final details.

Interview Questions

• How would you classify an utterance from scratch, with no previous knowledge or data?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 rounds of interview, the first one is phone interview, and the second one is on site, questions include identifying design pattern from class diagram, how to solve dead lock, how to use annotation?

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nuance (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I had 7 interviews and no offer, 2 phone 5 onsite. I felt like I did really well in the interview, I answered all the questions correctly but they decided to hire someone with more experience than me even though it was an entry level job. The interview itself was a bit unprofessional and unorganized, they kept repeating the same questions and one of the interviewers kept on answering the phone while I was being interviewed. The interview is pretty easy no trick questions. each applicant also gets a sheet of questions they have to answer which consists of multiple choice questions.
    These are the questions that I got:
    What is MVC?What is a static variable? How does garbage collection work and list it's pros and cons? Multiple choice question on bit manipulation (& and |) What is polymorphism? What is a singleton and how would you implement it and how would a client access it? Which of the two are part of OO: inheritance, encapsulation or recursion? A written question on tic-tac-to.What is a use-case? what is a deadlock? A question on recursion you have to give the output. A coding question on the whiteboard you have to read a file and see how many instances of a string there are in that file. Really nothing is hard just understand the fundamentals of programming and basic concepts of sw engineering.