Nuance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Speech Science Interview

Speech Science
Newark, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Nuance in March 2014.

Interview Details – Had an HR round initially and then the Technical round.
HR round :
Basic questions->
Why do you want to join the company?
Willing to relocate?
The HR person tells about the company and you can ask any questions if you have.

Technical Round:
How would you increase the Speech Recognition Accuracy?
Asked about my work.
What are hashmaps?
How will you implement LinkedList in Perl?

I waited for the reply for more than a month but I didn't get to hear from them.

Interview Question – Linked list in Perl   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Software Development Manager
Burlington, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nuance in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had an initial phone screening with HR and the hiring manager. This led to a first round of on site interviews with the hiring manager, lead architect and peer managers. Interview process was straightforward as they asked a lot of typical questions related to past experience. The architect had me draw out the architecture of current solution I was managing and asked why I did things certain ways. This led to a second round with some of the same people and some newer higher up people. A lot asked the same questions either from before or (where they wanted more detailed answers) or from person to person (definitely didn't have a defined plan between the managers). Had one final on site interview (the 3rd) and then never got a definite yes or no. Kept following up with HR with a we'll know more next week. Additionally, was told 2x that it would be the final step in the interview process when it wasn't.

Interview Question – Most unexpected question was because a number of people asked it so it made me wary about the environment. Asked if given the opportunity in a meeting would I speak up during a meeting if I disagreed with views or would I be quiet and follow up later. Since it was asked a few times and the fact they said a lot of communication is done through email seemed like an issue.   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Interview

Customer Loyalty

Interviewed at Nuance

Interview Details – None; position offered after acquisition of company. Most of these positions are eliminated 12-24 months after integration of former company systems. Some people move on to other positions in other divisions but that is not the norm.

Negotiation Details – None. Take it or leave it.

Benefits Analyst Interview

Benefits Analyst

Interviewed at Nuance

Interview Details – interviewers did not ask detailed questions

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no room for negotiation and I was desperate for a job

Content Specialist Intern Interview

Content Specialist Intern

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nuance in April 2014.

Interview Details – There was no initial phone screen by a recruiter, but a phone interview with three people that lasted about 2 hours. Apparently the interview was supposed to be conducted in-person, but HR messed up somehow. Getting the interview to start was cumbersome and involved calling dialing a conference number and downloading some conference screen-share program which I was not aware of beforehand. Communication was lacking. The questions asked at the interview were more technical than I had anticipated considering the position, and should've been conducted at an on-site second interview instead.

They barely touched my resume and didn't seem interested in me as a person.

After the interview they told me they would have a response by tomorrow, and the next day I received a rejection voicemail.

Interview Question – How do you respond to a customer when they ask for a frequent IVA update but you are unable to do so?   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at Nuance.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – The interview went well. Not much technical quesitons.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nuance in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by 2 hiring managers. Date was finalized the day before the interview. It was not a time I said I was available. The interview started before the scheduled time. I was briefly asked a few questions and then they had me do a few exercises.

Interview Question – What is something you would not like to do in this position? (They barely explained the position)   View Answer

HIM Consultant Interview

HIM Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nuance in September 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview.

Negotiation Details – Smooth, streamlined.

Software Validation Engineer Interview

Software Validation Engineer
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nuance in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewing for a remote position and had a phone interview with 2 members of management then a schedule lunch with two of the local engineers. After luch I had another call with managment to see if there were anymore questions I had and to learn a littl ebit more about the role. The whole process was very informative and low pressure. It also moved along at a good rate.

Interview Question – There were some questions regarding the coding and the differences between different languages. Not this was had just surprised since the role isn't a coding role but rather looking at the code.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I had originally gave a salary range that I desired, they took into account my current benefits compared to what they offered and offered on the higher end of my range.

Customer Loyalty Interview

Customer Loyalty

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nuance in January 2014.

Interview Details – Phone interviews, ome on one, Team Interview

Interview Question – What would you want to bring as a team player for this role?   Answer Question

Worked for Nuance? Contribute to the Community!