Nuance

Nuance Interview Questions in Mahwah, NJ

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nuance in February 2011.

I got phone call in december. The recruiter went through my resume. I and recruiter tried to place the interview 2 times, but both times interviews were cancelled because of snow. Then finally, interview placed in february. In interview, the first recruiter talked to me about general stuff. then 3 technical manager took interview. the interview was not that much tough. people are very nice. they tried to as much friendly as they could. finally i got call in beginning of april and they offer me the position. i was looking for that kind of position. I took it right away. Technical question was like "difference between process and tread" and long white board question.

Interview Questions
    • difference between process and thread.   Answer Question
    • long white board question. technical manager drew on white board and asked me the question according that diagram.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nuance in May 2010.

I interviewed with 5 managers and the HR rep. Most managers just talked to you about your work experience and education. They asked how you can apply your skills to the company. One manager gave me a real life problem that his team encountered and ask me how I would go about solving it. He didn't really care that I came to a correct conclusion, but just wanted to see how I tried to resolve it. An interview with 5 managers seems intimidating but this was more of a laid back, yet informative experience.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a situation that one of the managers team encountered, and not having much experience in the industry, it was difficult to come up with a valid answer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mahwah, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at Nuance in April 2010.

The interview was very easy here. After arranging everything over e-mail, I went in and met with the HR recruiter. Then came a series of interviews with five different managers, each for half an hour. I got a little lucky in that only one of the managers was technical, so I got some questions about recursion and some minor other questions that one could have learned in a 101 CS class. After this was a written exam, but again, fairly easy 101 stuff.