Nuance

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior QA Interview

Senior QA
Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Nuance in March 2014.

Interview Details – 12:30-1:30- Manager QA Engineering
1:30-2:00- Director of Engineering
2:00-3:00- Development Manager
3:00-3:30- Program Manager
3:30-4:30- Manager QA Engineering

Interview Question – Already told that I donot have development experience the person is asking me Java syntax and asking to write down those and he was the whom I suppose to replace , when i asked why you are leaving he told that he is switching to Java dev. So I asked when you joined do you know java he told I learn while in job , so I told same I can do if needed for my role.I already told twice to Test manager and recruiter that I donot have dev experince than I am not sure why they are just running behind dev code . They reject me by saying we need some person with Java development experience.   View Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Nuance in April 2011.

Interview Details – it was nice experience
They asked me a bunch of tech questions and gave a problem to implement on a computer

Overall it was a nice well thought out good interview

Interview Question – WAP to take a sentence as input and change each word Camelcase wise   Answer Question

Software Engineer In Linguistics Interview

Software Engineer In Linguistics
Seattle, WA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Nuance in May 2011.

Interview Details – I was definitely an entry-level employee but came with a recommendation. I had a phone interview for a standard software engineering position which was (in my estimation) inconclusive, and they sent me some programming questions over email and gave me a few days to complete them. I don't know if this was standard practice or if I got a little special treatment because of my combination of a recommendation and lack of formal experience. The questions were pretty standard CS fare: one on linked lists, one concerning binary trees, and I was rusty but I suspect someone who wasn't could have banged them out in a night.

After a little while my resume got diverted to the linguistics team, and I ended up having an interview which I think was kind of a hodge-podge: it was with a couple members each of two different teams. It was not all that clear to me which position I was interviewing for—the software engineering one or the linguistics one—but coming from working in retail I didn't much care. The questions were almost entirely centered on coding, though I went out to lunch for one of them and got some looser, more open-ended questions about teamwork and general problem solving then. My last interview was on speakerphone with someone who telecommuted most days.

Everyone was friendly and patient with me despite my total lack of knowledge of what to expect, and I felt like it was a very encouraging experience all around.

I had to come back a few days later for another interview; this one was just with the manager of the engineering team, it was over lunch, and it felt very casual and not much like I was being quizzed. He did a good job of putting me at ease and it was as pleasant as the other interviews had been.

Interview Questions

• You're given a keyboard and a key on it. How would you determine all the keys that are adjacent to that one?   View Answer
  • Given a phone number, determine all the words that can be made from it using the letters corresponding to each digit on a 12-key phone keypad.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – I have no advice, sorry. I didn't attempt to negotiate; my expectations were low and I felt the offer made me was very generous.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Nuance? Contribute to the Community!

Nuance Videos

Nuance – Why Work for Us?

At Nuance, we’re the people who make voice work. We design and deliver intuitive technologies that help people live and work more intelligently. We provide the tools to inform, to connect, and to empower people to be… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Nuance interview questions and advice in Seattle, WA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Nuance employees and interview candidates.