I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Nuance.
Interview Details – Got an email from a recruiter after application online two weeks ago to schedule a phone interview with a research manager. The phone interview lasted for one hours.
Interview Question – Asked my research experience, detailed machine learning / pattern classification algorithms and how to crack some practical questions. Asked for programming skills. Answer Question
I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Nuance in July 2009.
Interview Details – Replied to an ad posted in the Elsnet list. First, I had a phone interview with an HR person. Then I had a second interview with the team leader and the lab manager. No difficult questions, they were just interested in my background and usual style of work. After this phone interview, I was invited to an on-site interview. Again, there were no tricky questions, I just gave a presentation about my past work in front of several people in the team. Then I had some questions about my past work and future plans, motivation to get the job. At the end, I neither get an offer nor a rejection letter which I did not find very serious.
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nuance in April 2011.
Interview Details – After sending in my resume, they emailed me back with a list of questions they wanted me to answer that would normally be asked at a first interview. They were:
- Availability for a personal interview
- Availability for a phone screenhire
- Availability for hiring
- Phone number for contact
- Email Address
- Salary expectation
- Location and willingness to relocate
- Total number of years of industry experience
- Current job situation and/or reason for seeking new employment
- Brief paragraph outlining experience related to this position
- If I've conducted research in any of the following areas (either in school or industry), and to give precise details of the work: Machine Learning, Stochastic Parsing, Semantic Tagging, Confidence Estimation Techniques, NLP / Computational Linguistics, Speech / Language Modeling, Mathematics
- If I've worked in a large collaborative environment, and to give precise details of the work
- If I have software development experience with JAVA, C/C++, PERL and/or Python, and if so to give precise details
- If I have any experience and how much, with Linux/Unix and to give precise details of the experience
- If I have experience with version control tools, and to give precise details of the experience
- If I have experience evaluating & developing different acoustic modeling techniques or addressing language specific issues for different languages. If so, to give precise details of the experience
Interview Question – What are your salary expectations Answer Question
At Nuance, we’re the people who make voice work. We design and deliver intuitive technologies that help people live and work more intelligently. We provide the tools to inform, to connect, and to empower people to be… — Full Overview
Provided by employer [?]
Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it.
The difficulty rating is the average interview difficulty rating across all interview candidates.
The interview experience is the percentage of all interview candidates that said their interview experience was positive, neutral, or negative.
Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone.
Simply post an anonymous review for a recent interview experience or current/former employer. Your post is anonymous – and if you're worried someone will be able to identify your review, you can even post without telling us your job title and location. Learn More.
No thanks –