Nucleus Software Exports

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports.

4 rounds: written, GD, Technical, HR

No negotiation

Software Development Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports.

First Round: Aptitude and Coding with One Essay writing
    Second Round: Technical Round-I was asked to code two questions and then the interviewer asked me about my projects. Then he went on to ask me about basic data structure algorithms.
    Third Round: Managerial-1 - HR asked me the normal hr questions and then tested my patience and communication skills.
    Managerial 2 - This was taken by Senior VP of the company, in this round he again asked normal hr questions like why nucleus? strength,weakness etc.
    Results were declared after 10 hours.
    Result - Selected.

Interview Questions
    • Your dream home- this question was asked by the manager in managerial-1.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports in November 2014.

Firstly it started with an online test, consisted of 40 question on aptitude, logical reasoning and English in 1 hr, 30 situation based question in 20 min and two subjective question one was a pattern coding question and another was an essay writing , both in 40 mins. After this 55 out of 70 people were selected for the interviews.
         The interview took place after a week. There were two rounds one technical and another HR. There was only one interviewee for technical so it took a long time to complete all the interview. He was basic C,C++,Java and DBMS. After that HR round was held. It was more difficult than technical. You should be very confident about your answers.

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shillong (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shillong (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports in November 2014.

Nucleus Software Exports came for campus recruitment to our college NIT Meghalaya.

Hiring Process:

1. Online Aptitude Test
    2. Online Coding Round

Series of Interview

3. Technical Round
    4. Managerial Round
    5. HR Round

In Aptitude Text, Some Questions were tricky. Please read Instructions before solving the problems.
    Coding round was not an elimination round.

44 out of 65 passed Apti round.

Next day, Interview started from 11:00 AM.

Technical Round:

Questions on basics programming concepts like OOPs,Data Structure.
    Some coding problems were also given to solve during the interview.

Managerial Round:

In this round they check your personality and communication skills. They also check your convincing power.

HR Round:

In this round, HR will try to create stressful environment. Be calm.

The interviews ended next day and the results were declared. I was very happy to hear my name among the selected candidates.

Interview Questions
    • During Managerial round he asked me if I have done anything Innovative in my life.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports in October 2014.

Initially a consultant from GLOBALSENA (Hyderabad) called me to schedule an interview with nucleus and asked me about my ECTC and I told the same. She said CTC is no problem but they want the candidate to join as soon as possible.

1st round : Telephonic interview

After some time consultant called me that I clear the round and the coming Saturday (Oct 18, 2014) Nucleus team is coming to Hyderabad for F2F interview. She also said that there will be only 2 round Technical and Managerial.

On Friday just before the day of interview, consultant again called me ask how soon can i join and told me that the team like my profile very much.So i told 20 Nov.

Now I went for interview which is at least 20 km away from my residence in Hyderabad. At 10:00 A.M. which was the timing I was there but to my surprise nobody was there.

After 1 hour or so people start to coming and one guy from Nucleus gave me form to fill up.
    Only 5-6 candidate were there to attend the interview. After that HR came and gave me a written test which was unexpected but as I travel more than 20 km so I gave the written test.

(Actually Nucleus came at GLOBAL SENA office at Hyderabad to take the interview)

After completing the Written Test I approach to Consultant of GLOBALSENA and asked about it. They said that they even don't know about the written test and it was unexpected. Then i said I doubt they will give me my ECTC and for that they said to me CTC is open and they had a chat with client and Nucleus is ready to pay high salary as it involves relocation.

2nd round : Written test

3rd round : Technical interview F2F. The interview is very senior and is casually started the interview in Hindi. No English was there. He asked me about my ECTC and fight over it and said we can not give that much CTC and it was point less to start the interview. Now I had to say I would go by company norms because I clear 2 rounds and I come from 20 km away on Saturday for just a interview. But he humiliated me for some time.

4th round : Managerial interview F2F. It was very sound interview.

5th round : HR. HR was very cool. And he asked me that you were unhappy about the written test. What was the reason for that? I told him GLOBAL SENA didn't tell me about the written test. And he was surprised and said I clearly told them for less than 5 yr we have a written test. HR said I don't why they were lying and he should talk to them in this context. And it was not good for GLBAL SENA.
    After a lot of HR questions he came to ETCT and i told them exactly what i told to the consultant of GLOBAL SENA before schedule the interview.

He said according to NCR in banking domain approx 15-17% hike is there. If you are relocation then we can go up to max 25 % but management will approve or not that is very doubtful. But i stick to my ECTC and rightly so. He said a lot about any chance in negotiation but i deny them all.

The process took my whole day and i came back with just the frustration. I know I clear the interview but everybody was obsessed with negotiation over my ECTC.

Well, according to the series of events, one was lying or both was lying.

Reply from GlobalSena consultant:

Dear Mr. Candidate,

You were not shortlisted !

Your candidature is 100 % fit for their opening ( Technically), But they have not satisfied with the way you are thinking.

Hence you will not get the offer from Nucleus.

I want to clear to you that if it is a fake drive, then client will not come to Hyderabad from Noida and why will he spent more than One lakh rupees to conduct your so called drive.

I am happy to say that client has selected 6 candidates of the so called fake drive.

After I called them for their inappropriate language used in mail and they fight over it for half an hour basically humiliate me but nobody care.

Interview Questions
    • Negotiate over the ECTC in first technical round. I have go through by their norms or they wouldn't take my interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamīrpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamīrpur, Himachal Pradesh (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports in September 2014.

The recruitment drive was carried on 18th-19th of Sept. 2014 at NIT Hamirpur.
    It started by the HR(screening) of the shortlisted candidates after the written test (held 2 days before).
    Many cleared the screening test, Coding round followed the screening, the code was quite simple, and after that there was a technical interview which mostly consisted of OS and DBMS questions. Be confident and thorough about your internship project, as it helps a lot.
    If you manage to clear the technical interview round, another round (which is the most difficult round acc to some people) : Managerial round : Be confident and speak ONLY TRUTH, else you'll not be hired, because the person who took the interview was too good in judging people and was looking for teamwork skills and he wanted real life examples too. So, be careful about this round, as this is also an elimination round, and I saw many people going back home from this round.
    Finally, the last round :: HR round, this was quite easy, the person was quite cunning and he wanted the interviewee to stuck each and everywhere due to lack of confidence...So, be confident, in whatever you speak.

Interview Questions
    • My AIEEE rank, as I do not remember ;)   View Answer
    NO Negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

->1st its the written round comprising of the aptitude , verbal ability, coding(one program) and some managerial(psychometric) questions

->2nd is the technical interview . I have been asked to write codes , some basics of sql , etc.

-> 3rd is the managerial round . This is little tricky round in which you would be given some real life situations and asked to respond based on the situation.

-> 4th is HR interview. They have asked about my family background etc,.

Interview Questions
    • Don't forget to write the code in the written . its based on series printing using a single loop.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports.

1. criteria that 70% above in all.
    2. If manager is set then by jack you can get into it.
    3. IITians bits people why are you joining. at least leave some companies like this for us normal people.
    4. no bench. you have to work that you dont know.

Not a good company

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports in February 2014.

The 1st round was the technical written test which was fairly simple if one's well acquainted with the basic concepts of manual testing. Post that in the technical discussion the interviewer made me explain the V Model of testing along with some other basic questions such as the diff between smoke n sanity testing , integration , regression testing etc. Now coming down to SQL concepts he made me write and explain group by clause and different types of joins. After this the managerial round was held in which I was asked about my experience with real life scenarios related to testing. So I was able to clear all the rounds and at last the HR asked me about the compensation and told me about the company etc.

Systems Analyst(JAVA/J2EE) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nucleus Software Exports in December 2013.

3 Rounds for this position.
    Technical, Managerial(Technical + Personal) and then HR Head round
    The entire process took almost 2 weeks

Interview Questions
    • Questions are mainly on core java concepts. So refresh your core java skills. Then a bit of servlets and do read about SQL also.   Answer Question
    I almost got what i asked but yes their compensation structure has 10% variable pay and Employer PF included.So the total inhand is not that attractive.