Nucor Building Systems

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nucor Building Systems

Developmental District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terrell, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Nucor Building Systems in March 2013.

Although it was by far the longest interview I've ever had (6 hours) and probably the most thorough (4 interviews, lunch, 2 tests, three drug screenings), I thought the entire experience was positive. By the time you're done, you certainly feel like you have connected with several members of management.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't feel there were many curveballs. Try to have a good understanding of their business model.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terrell, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nucor Building Systems in July 2009.

Once they have screened you over the phone and have decided to meet you in person they give you the full gauntlet of test. I spent one full day meeting what felt like every employee in the office, was taken to lunch, given test, etc. The interview process is dynamic depending on the feedback of people you meet during the day, it culminates in a series of panel interviews involving different levels of employees.
    They do a good job of trying to get to know you and telling you about the Nucor family. Nucor is selective about who they hire and I felt lucky to have been sought out to interview and enjoy my job at Nucor.

Interview Questions
    • I was given some math test covering skills I hadn't used since the early 90's.   View Answer
    Negotiation process on salary and associated moving expenses was fair and balanced, I was happy.

Estimating Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terrell, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nucor Building Systems in July 2009.

Thelongest and most thorough interview I've ever had, I was in the office all day meeting all management members and even getting a tour of the plant. They wanted to make sure I was learning as much about them as they were about me, it was great actually.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years, everyone hates that question ;)   View Answer
    Negotiation was easy and fair, I had an initial offer the following week and we had reasonable negotiations that both sides were happy with.