Nucor Maintenance Electrician Interview Questions

4.0

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blytheville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Nucor (Blytheville, AR).

Interview

Was introduced to the job via headhunter. Initial interview was technical over the phone. Fairly basic questions about controllers and motor theory, some troubleshooting. Face to face interview was scheduled for a couple weeks later, consisted of a panel interview and a technical exam. Technical questions again, standard personality questions (what's your biggest strength, weakness, most challenging day, etc.) The face-to-face process has completely changed since I interviewed. Technical exam is replaced with a personality exam. Two panel interviews are convened. Drug test and background check are performed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was with regards to starting grade. Electricians usually start out at a 3, based on experience and need I started at a 4.

Other Interview Reviews for Nucor

Maintenance Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nucor (Marion, OH) in November 2010.

Interview

The initial interviews were screenings with recruiters from an outside company. After that, I went to the facility for a tour and several interviews. During these interviews I was tested for intelligence, knowledge of electrical theory and asked questions about specific circumstances that might be encountered on the job. This is by far the most thorough interview process I've ever seen. I was even put in front of a white board and asked to do mathematical circuit analysis. The on site interview process was split into two days. The first day was shorter, mostly testing. The second day was about 8.5 hours long.

Interview Questions

• Describe the theory behind DC motor operation.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Clarify everything in your offer letter. Don't take anything for granted. If there's anything in there that's open to interpretation, clarify it before you accept an offer. Also be aware that (for reasons unknown) they have electricians adjusting mechanical crane brakes in 150+ degree heat.