Nucor

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawfordsville, IN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crawfordsville, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Nucor in February 2014.

Interview for electrical engineering intern position. Three electrical engineers were interviewing myself. Lasted approximately one hour. Partially resume directed, and partially stock questions.
Relaxed environment for the most part. Asked a few simple EE question relating my my level of coursework and the brain teaser below. Mixed behavioral, work experience, and technical questions. Looking mostly for a fit between applicant and company environment. The engineers here clearly fill many rolls and gain a good breadth of experiences. The interviewers were clearly very happy with Nucor's willingness to put a lot of training into their employees and in the work environment itself. Very results-focused.

Interview Questions
  • In one room their are three switches, in another their are three incandescent light bulbs. You can spend as long as you like in the first room, then you must go to the second and determine which switch turns on which bulb. You may not return to the first room after leaving.   View Answers (2)

Good company. Doesn't align well with my career interests.

Other Interview Reviews for Nucor

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nucor in February 2010.

I was introduced by a friend. I emailed the mentor of the last summer intern (who set me up) my resume and a short note. They asked for a phone interview. Then I did a plant tour.

They asked me a bunch of questions about how steel is made. They talked about how the cold mill operation works.

Interview Questions
    I didn't bother negotiating, it was only a summer internship