Nucor-Vulcraft

Nucor-Vulcraft Interview Questions

4.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nucor-Vulcraft

Detailer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nucor-Vulcraft in July 2013.

It was a four part process for me. They called me in to take a two hour assessment. I passed that and was called back for a first interview with a panel of three people asking me job related questions which took about an hour. I was called back about a month later for a second interview that was a webcast interview in which I was being asked questions by an additional three people one of whom was the detailing supervisor which took almost three hours. This includes the employees showing me around the office after the interview. The questions were more a mix of questions related to me personally and my job experience. A day later i was called back for a third interview at their plant which was almost three hundred miles from my current location. They offered to pay for expenses such as gas, food, and a possible hotel stay which I didn't take them up on. I was to meet with the detailing supervisors boss, the engineering manager. The last interview took a total of about four hours. Almost two hours with the engineering manager, and two hours talking with the dealing supervisor, and showing me around the office. When I initially applied for this job I had no idea that it would take that much effort, but I feel it was an overall positive experience in that it kept me on my toes. The bad part about it is that you get so burned out because you feel you have to jump through so many hoops in order to get a job offer. It's been almost two weeks since the last interview and I have not heard anything back from them. I'm going to assume that I didn't get the job. Although it didn't end in a job offer and it took so much effort to get to the last point, it was very interesting and I learned a lot about interviewing in this experience.

Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Nucor-Vulcraft in March 2013.

Phone screen, meeting set-up for in person a month in advance, then a panel of 3 people for 90 minutes asking ridiculous questions...

I still have not heard back from them one way or another and it's been 3 months since first contact. Honestly, I have no idea if I have the job or not...my contact has me waiting.

Interview Questions
    • If you in a heated argument with a coworker, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Project Estimator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brigham City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brigham City, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nucor-Vulcraft in July 2012.

Went and took a 2 hour screening test that testing on multiple areas and skills. There was a 200 question exam that tested your personality.

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chemung, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chemung, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nucor-Vulcraft in February 2012.

First step was to have an on campus interview at my university. Next step was to go to a plant visit and have a more formal interview there. The interview was mostly behavioral questions that were very vague and tough to answer.

Purchasing Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nucor-Vulcraft in January 2012.

I'm not sure that understood what kind of person they were looking for, definetly not someone with purchasing background. During the panel interview a lot of tricky questions were asked. The place looks so big but employes less than 300 people.