Nuffield Hospitals Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nuffield Hospitals

Candidate Interview Review

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nuffield Hospitals (Epsom, England (UK)).

Interview

My worst interview experience by far. A mistake from beginning to the end.

To start with, the very role title for the possition I applied for was constantly changed between various stages of job application. Advertised as a 'Linux systems adminsitrator' initially, it somehow got automagically transformed into a 'Systems Technician' position, to end up mutated as Linux/Windows/Vmware/Network admin/support human-orchestra.

During the face-to-face, I was instantly locked up in a 2x2m business phone room for 1h with 100s of randomly printed out questions around Linux, Windows, Cisco, Vmware, storage, security, change management, scripting and what-not. I believe the only question I didn't spot was on how to build a helicopter using just one box of matches. Upon completion, I was literally escorted out of the building. Had to ask my questions on the staircase.

The interviewer was laughingly unprofessional, unprepared and had no soft skills whatsoever. The most detailed answer provided around the role was: "We have some Linux servers and some sort of a opensource SQL databases is in use. I don't know anything more. Sorry"

I had been spoking to different recruiting agencies and mentioned Nuffield around. Always, with a significant amount of laugh, I was told same story. That this position had been open for ages and most likely will remain so. Wonder why..

Interview Questions

• A chaotic randomness of different aspects of IT. Most of which completely irrelevant to the position as advertised.   Answer Question