Nugget Market

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nugget Market

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Sacramento, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nugget Market.

I submitted my application online and called HR to followup a few days later. HR only took my phone call because I name dropped about 10 associates. Personal interview with store director and sidekick at store location I applied for. Received phone call with job offer and start date. No background check and no drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions. "Why do you want to work for Nugget."   View Answer
    If you are new to the company starting at the base, there's no negotiation.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodland, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nugget Market.

Phone interview only. Very low pay offered. I did not wish to continue further. Offering 38,000 for full time work requiring a college degree is flat out insulting.

Interview Questions
    • Basic interview and questions. This was a phone screening for potential hires.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nugget Market.

One phone interview then one 1:1 interview with the store director. Pretty simple, just situational and behavioral questions.

Coffee Bar Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davis, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Nugget Market in July 2013.

Started off the interview with the Store Manager. He was very friendly and smiley. Great warm atmosphere. He started the interview by asking what do you know about Nugget Market. He then asked me what does customer service mean to you? The interview was very much like a conversation rather than him asking me multiple questions. We went off talking about something we both had in common, which was a TV show.

Interview Questions
    • Apparantly being a "dork" is a good thing. I hold myself up to a professional standard and he asked me if I would be comfortable letting out "my inner dork" on the sales floor. I guess professionalism isn't a huge issue, but clowning around is.   Answer Question

Courtesy Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nugget Market in October 2011.

Applied online for the opening of Courtesy Clerk. I also went in, introduced myself and handed in my resume to a manager. I'm pretty certain adding that bit of assertiveness helped me get an interview. I was called a day later by the HR manager and did a phone interview. It was pretty basic, asking behavioral questions and going over your past jobs. I was then scheduled the next day to have my 1:1 interview. I had it with the assistant manager, and then the store manager. Both of them were very pleasant to talk to and they created a very welcoming environment during the interview. They asked similar questions. They are very big on having a positive attitude and good customer service. As long as you are yourself, know the importance of customer service, smile, and have fun with the interview, you will do fine. :) This has honestly been the best interview I've ever been on!