Nutraceutical

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.0

Brand Manager Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Nutraceutical.

This was a quick and easy process. One phone interview and one in person interview at the work location. No out of the ordinary questions, it was more conversation based.

Support Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Nutraceutical.

Started at the very bottom and got promoted twice with hardly any salary movement. The managers just want someone to fill the spot and don't care about your experience or your attendance or your work ethics.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nutraceutical in March 2011.

The interviews can be two to three. Usually starts with HR, then your over seeing manager, and maybe VP if there are multiple candidates that fit the position. This process is not very intimidating, we basically look for people that already have a skill set and knowledge in the vitamin industry.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are very basic. They are just looking for people with a degree and some experience in the field.   Answer Question
    They send you a written offer by email. Some people negotiate, but the big boss remembers them and increases their work load.

Construction Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ogden, UT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nutraceutical in February 2008.

The interview and skills test was really long - almost two hours - but it was easy, laid back and I was offered the job about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were easy. They seemed to be meant to get to know me. The skills test was to understand if I was qualified. It was also rather simple.   Answer Question

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Nutraceutical in January 2009.

Very different approach. The site director spent an hour describing the needs of the position, along with a detailed account of the predecessor and opportunities for improvement. Then I was asked a series of behavioral interview questions to see if I was qualified to help close the gap for production needs.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell us about a time that you used data to improve a process? What was the process? What was the improvement? How did you accomplish this improvement? How did you insure that the improvement was sustained?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nutraceutical in October 2010.

I was referred to the position by two sales representatives, one whom is now a former representative of the territory they were interviewing me for. The former employee was in the position for eleven years and the sales representative from another vitamin company has been in the Natural Foods/Supplements Industry for several years. I sent my resume to the former employee as well as the person who used to be the National Sales Manager. He got back to me regarding what was a mutual good time to speak on the phone. He said to plan on "talking" and that the phone interview would be 45-60 minutes in length. When I got the call for the phone interview, there was another employee on the phone as well. I was not informed that there would be two people from the company interviewing me. The second person was the southwestern regional manager. I only had the one phone interview, which consisted of basically walking them thru my experience and resume job per job. I heard back three working days later from a person in Human Resources whom I never had contact with...the basic...we are letting you know that we are pursuing other candidates as you are not a good fit for the job. I was taken aback for a few reasons. I never spoke to this H.R. representative, yet, she was sending me the "bland" response. When I pressed further for "concrete" feedback regarding my interview skills, I got more of the bland diatribe from her. I feel that former National Sales Manager had a slightly condescending and superior attitude and seemed insulted when I asked what set Nutraceutical apart from other companies. The regional manager was very nice, however, the former national sales manager led the conversation. When I asked when they would have a decision, he responded..."well, in as long as it takes"! I feel that I should have had more of a shot as I have twenty years of retail, direct, broker sales experience in the natural food industry as well as advanced education. In hindsight, in looking at the comments on this site, I consider myself LUCKY for not getting the position, as it seems that this company is intent on usurping the entire industry, hook, line and sinker and has an air of superiority about them. They are just interested in making millions for the company and not putting much money back into the employees. I think they drive people to work long hours with medium compensation and rewards...so "me too" in this industry nowadays. I think I will retrain for a new industry as I am very sick of this kind of attitude by so many companies in the natural foods arena.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked when I got my first degree.   View Answer