Nutraceutical Sales Representative Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nutraceutical in October 2010.

I was referred to the position by two sales representatives, one whom is now a former representative of the territory they were interviewing me for. The former employee was in the position for eleven years and the sales representative from another vitamin company has been in the Natural Foods/Supplements Industry for several years. I sent my resume to the former employee as well as the person who used to be the National Sales Manager. He got back to me regarding what was a mutual good time to speak on the phone. He said to plan on "talking" and that the phone interview would be 45-60 minutes in length. When I got the call for the phone interview, there was another employee on the phone as well. I was not informed that there would be two people from the company interviewing me. The second person was the southwestern regional manager. I only had the one phone interview, which consisted of basically walking them thru my experience and resume job per job. I heard back three working days later from a person in Human Resources whom I never had contact with...the basic...we are letting you know that we are pursuing other candidates as you are not a good fit for the job. I was taken aback for a few reasons. I never spoke to this H.R. representative, yet, she was sending me the "bland" response. When I pressed further for "concrete" feedback regarding my interview skills, I got more of the bland diatribe from her. I feel that former National Sales Manager had a slightly condescending and superior attitude and seemed insulted when I asked what set Nutraceutical apart from other companies. The regional manager was very nice, however, the former national sales manager led the conversation. When I asked when they would have a decision, he responded..."well, in as long as it takes"! I feel that I should have had more of a shot as I have twenty years of retail, direct, broker sales experience in the natural food industry as well as advanced education. In hindsight, in looking at the comments on this site, I consider myself LUCKY for not getting the position, as it seems that this company is intent on usurping the entire industry, hook, line and sinker and has an air of superiority about them. They are just interested in making millions for the company and not putting much money back into the employees. I think they drive people to work long hours with medium compensation and rewards...so "me too" in this industry nowadays. I think I will retrain for a new industry as I am very sick of this kind of attitude by so many companies in the natural foods arena.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked when I got my first degree.   View Answer