NutriSystem

2 candidate interviews

Weight Loss Counselor Interview

Weight Loss Counselor
Fort Washington, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at NutriSystem in September 2009.

Interview Details – I was given a phone interview with the human resource representative. Online testing was done at home where I logged into a site that tested my proficiency on MS Office products. The tests offered a tutorial that went over all the necessary skills needed to pass the test. The personality test consisted of multiple choice and true and false questions. Those covered issues relating to customer service and adherence to company policy. For example, "The customer is always right. T/F" and "If a manager asks you to do something that is against company policy will you: a) Do it, b) Report them, c) Tell them you will do it and then not do it.
I also had a 1:1 interview with the human resource representative and one with the department head. Both were very conversational and there was no pressure to give the "right" answer. They genuinely wanted to find people who were motivated to do the job and who wanted to stay there. The company invested a lot of time in training and coaching, so they wanted people who intended to stay with the job.

Interview Question – Was asked if I would find the transition from a computer tech background to counseling too difficult. It was a fair question and I answered as honestly as I could. The HR rep just wanted to know if I would get bored and want to leave, or find the position challenging enough.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I knew the hourly rate at the outset, and they were firm on that. However, I was able to negotiate a 2nd shift schedule that allowed me to make a $1 more an hour. I was also able to negotiate my shift hours as well as my days off.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Client Service Representative Interview

Client Service Representative
Fort Washington, PA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at NutriSystem in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is done in a streamlined fashion where you go through initial HR department, then a floor manager, then Supervisor (whether Weight counselor or any one of the supervisors) and then the rest of the communication is done through email. the hiring is focused through the busiest part of the "Diet Season" which lasts from (approx) November till May.

Interview Question – Why should you be hired?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for NutriSystem? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at NutriSystem interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by NutriSystem employees and interview candidates.