Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Nutrisystem
- Client Service Representative (2)
- Visual Designer (1)
- Anonymous (1)
- Customer Service Representative (1)
- Weight Loss Counselor (1)
- Senior Weight Loss Counselor & Social Media Liaison At Nutrisystem (1)
Weight Loss Counselor Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Nutrisystem (Fort Washington, PA) in September 2009.
I was given a phone interview with the human resource representative. Online testing was done at home where I logged into a site that tested my proficiency on MS Office products. The tests offered a tutorial that went over all the necessary skills needed to pass the test. The personality test consisted of multiple choice and true and false questions. Those covered issues relating to customer service and adherence to company policy. For example, "The customer is always right. T/F" and "If a manager asks you to do something that is against company policy will you: a) Do it, b) Report them, c) Tell them you will do it and then not do it.
I also had a 1:1 interview with the human resource representative and one with the department head. Both were very conversational and there was no pressure to give the "right" answer. They genuinely wanted to find people who were motivated to do the job and who wanted to stay there. The company invested a lot of time in training and coaching, so they wanted people who intended to stay with the job.
- Was asked if I would find the transition from a computer tech background to counseling too difficult. It was a fair question and I answered as honestly as I could. The HR rep just wanted to know if I would get bored and want to leave, or find the position challenging enough. 1 Answer
I knew the hourly rate at the outset, and they were firm on that. However, I was able to negotiate a 2nd shift schedule that allowed me to make a $1 more an hour. I was also able to negotiate my shift hours as well as my days off.