Nuveen Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nuveen

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I was asked to summarize the position and why I thought I would be a good fit. Questions about my current project and my roles in them. I was asked to explain the product I am working on.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

I just came into the office and met with a variety of people. Very casual, but sometimes formal. It is important to read how the interviewer wants to be in terms of formality. Come prepared with research done as well as answers to why you want to work at Nuveen. Mostly was behavioral for my department (sales).

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Nuveen in January 2010.

Interview

Multple rounds of interviews - starting with direct manager and peers, ending with HR and SVP of IT.

Interview Questions

• All questions directly related to the position - very standard interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much room to negotiate.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Nuveen (Chicago, IL) in September 2008.

Interview

Nuveen's interview process was wonderful. Very nice, professional people. They get back to you quickly and make you feel like you would be a very valuable asset to their company. I had two in-office interviews. I had an offer by the end of day of the second interview.

Interview Questions

The job was not what I was looking for at the time. It was a hard decision because I was so impressed by the company itself, I almost took the job just based on the people I met.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Nuveen in March 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a rep from their HR. That initial screen interview lasted for 20 minutes. A lot of the general questions you would expect in an interview were asked, why are you looking, what do you like/dislike about your job, what do you want to do 5 years from now. Was invited for an onsite interview. I again interviewed with HR then the hiring manager. The hiring manager was pretty direct and exhaustive in his questions. The person wanted to know what I knew and how well I knew it. All in all, it was a good experience, but don't expect a softball interview.