Nxp Semiconductors Usa

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Undergrad Interview

Undergrad

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa.

Interview Details – The questions were related to resume . The interviewer mainly asked about projects done during graduate and undergraduate studies. The position was for an undergrad student and hardly did he ask any technical questions.

Interview Question – Where will you use a double ended differential op-amp?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in February 2012.

Interview Details – Worked through their recruiter. They were excited by my experience and skills. After hours of initial phone screening they flew me from east coast for 2 full days of interviews in Washington state and Silicon Valley. I wasn't at all what the interviewers wanted or expected in respect to experience and skills. Interviewing was stressful, harsh, and at times rude. A complete waste of my time and their money. Where was the disconnect? I represented myself 100% accurately, had long phone screenings where all of my strengths and weaknesses were put on the table before being flown out. The worst interviewer (most senior manager I interviewed with) actually reprimanded and scolded me in a harsh tone of voice for not have some specific skills "that every engineer who wants to work in the valley must have" - this gentleman was extremely rude and obviously had no sense how to treat other human beings with respect and decency. Almost everyone had the "We are the great NXP, bow before us" attitude. Makes even good engineers feel very low in an interview.

Interview Question – I don't have enough time to write them all, nor would anyone have the time to read them. Two full days of interviewing me with questions about technical areas not on my resume, and that I said I didn't have or had little of during the phone screenings. Did they do this just for the sadistic enjoyment of it, or what? I still haven't been able to figure it out.   View Answer

CAD Engineer Interview

CAD Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa.

Interview Details – Technical interviewers were easy going, they would give you hints or lead you if you have no clue. Asked about hardware test related questions, include what to test, how to test, what could be reasons if result is not as expected. Require basic knowledge about circuit schematic diagram, wireless communication transceiver diagram, noise figure, link budget calculation, sensitivity, testing equipment (e.g. VNA, Spectrum analyzer, etc.), basic C++ or C#

Interview Question – Race conditions   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa.

Interview Details – Found through Head Hunter, Phone Interview, one of 3 candidates for review by Interview team, Account Mgr, Sales Engr, etc...

Interview Question – How can you contribute to this difficult automotive market?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Applications Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview - kind of technical. Ask about how JTAG and I2C physical connection.
On-Site - Describe how the I2C work, software and hardware wise. Explain how SDIO work. Show how to do strcopy in C.
Take home - given a MCU starter kit and provide a working C code to demonstrate ability to understand MCU.

Interview Questions

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in September 2008.

Interview Details – I was referred to NXP by another employee, and subsequently had a phone interview with a project leader and the group head. Was subsequently invited to fly to CA (from NY), and had a number of fairly technical interviews with various engineers, and lastly, with somebody from HR.

Received an offer the week after that, but found a more interesting position closer to home, so declined.

Interview Question – Got a hypothetical scenario on how to solve a certain problem.   View Answer

Engineering Design Interview

Engineering Design
San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in January 2010.

Interview Details – I am not sure they really wanted to hire anyone.

Interview Questions

Engineering

The process took a day - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in February 2010.

Interview Details – Arranged by recruiter
half day, four interviews including HR, marketing, managemnet, technical

Interview Question – How would you design a distortion free integrated circuit receiver for one watt input signal   Answer Question

Product Applications Engineer Interview

Product Applications Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in November 2009.

Interview Details – I went through the entire interview process. I was the standard interview process. The interviewers ask questions, I responded; and I ask questions, they responded.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in June 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was mainly based on DSP domain. Asked me about my current work going on in DSP domain. They were mainly interested to hire someone who has experience in OFDM systems. Interviewer was very supportive. I hope they select me.

Interview Question – which is better FIR or IIR filters?   View Answer

Worked for Nxp Semiconductors Usa? Contribute to the Community!