Nxp Semiconductors Usa

Updated Sep 28, 2014
Updated Sep 28, 2014

3.2

Product Test Engineer Interview

Called by recruiter to fix phone interview date. Then on the day, was called by the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted for 45 min and delved into what the responsibilities of the role were and also my resume-stated qualifications review. Then a week later the onsite interview date was fixed by the recruiter. There were 7 rounds in the onsite interview. They delved into various aspects of ATE testing. Also some of them questioned on the resume. Some practical scenarios were given for me to explain how i deal with these and solve it.

Interview Questions
    • How to test a bunch of parallel transmission gates with some voltage limitations?   Answer Question

Undergrad Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa.

The questions were related to resume . The interviewer mainly asked about projects done during graduate and undergraduate studies. The position was for an undergrad student and hardly did he ask any technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Where will you use a double ended differential op-amp?   Answer Question

CAD Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa.

Technical interviewers were easy going, they would give you hints or lead you if you have no clue. Asked about hardware test related questions, include what to test, how to test, what could be reasons if result is not as expected. Require basic knowledge about circuit schematic diagram, wireless communication transceiver diagram, noise figure, link budget calculation, sensitivity, testing equipment (e.g. VNA, Spectrum analyzer, etc.), basic C++ or C#

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa.

Found through Head Hunter, Phone Interview, one of 3 candidates for review by Interview team, Account Mgr, Sales Engr, etc...

Interview Questions
    • How can you contribute to this difficult automotive market?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in March 2012.

Phone interview - kind of technical. Ask about how JTAG and I2C physical connection.
    On-Site - Describe how the I2C work, software and hardware wise. Explain how SDIO work. Show how to do strcopy in C.
    Take home - given a MCU starter kit and provide a working C code to demonstrate ability to understand MCU.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in February 2012.

Worked through their recruiter. They were excited by my experience and skills. After hours of initial phone screening they flew me from east coast for 2 full days of interviews in Washington state and Silicon Valley. I wasn't at all what the interviewers wanted or expected in respect to experience and skills. Interviewing was stressful, harsh, and at times rude. A complete waste of my time and their money. Where was the disconnect? I represented myself 100% accurately, had long phone screenings where all of my strengths and weaknesses were put on the table before being flown out. The worst interviewer (most senior manager I interviewed with) actually reprimanded and scolded me in a harsh tone of voice for not have some specific skills "that every engineer who wants to work in the valley must have" - this gentleman was extremely rude and obviously had no sense how to treat other human beings with respect and decency. Almost everyone had the "We are the great NXP, bow before us" attitude. Makes even good engineers feel very low in an interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't have enough time to write them all, nor would anyone have the time to read them. Two full days of interviewing me with questions about technical areas not on my resume, and that I said I didn't have or had little of during the phone screenings. Did they do this just for the sadistic enjoyment of it, or what? I still haven't been able to figure it out.   View Answer

Engineering Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in January 2010.

I am not sure they really wanted to hire anyone.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in September 2008.

I was referred to NXP by another employee, and subsequently had a phone interview with a project leader and the group head. Was subsequently invited to fly to CA (from NY), and had a number of fairly technical interviews with various engineers, and lastly, with somebody from HR.

Received an offer the week after that, but found a more interesting position closer to home, so declined.

Interview Questions
    • Got a hypothetical scenario on how to solve a certain problem.   View Answer

Analog Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa.

the job is offered via a job agency, not directly from NXP.
    the interview is held by to group manager, who also have analog design back ground.
    they give a introduction for the department first.
    then let me describe my back ground, and projects that I have done.
    I also show him some info about the current project, also my way of working.

Interview Questions
    • no really.
      I do the presentation of my current project for most of the time

Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Nxp Semiconductors Usa in June 2010.

Interview was mainly based on DSP domain. Asked me about my current work going on in DSP domain. They were mainly interested to hire someone who has experience in OFDM systems. Interviewer was very supportive. I hope they select me.