Nyrstar Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2015

1.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Nyrstar

Lead Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I interviewed at Nyrstar in October 2014.

Interview

There were two interviews in the main office in Zurich. The office facility is nice and in a very good location. The interview went well. People interviewing were easy going and mainly focused on the personality aspects. There were no tests or cases.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

Quick and easy hiring process in front of a group of people. Some of them were managers and others future colleagues. This experience is weird since some of the people who were at the interview would be later people who were going to report to me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very quick. They needed people to replace the big number of employees who had resigned or in the process of resigning.

Process Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Nyrstar.

Interview

Very easy to get through the physical. The job interview was very comfortable and informal. Didn't take long to hear back from them. they were very helpful with any questions and the job description was spot on.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very straight forward

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2014.

Interview

There is no formal testing. Win over the people interviewing you and you chances of landing the job are high. Questions are standard and are at the discretion of the interviewer. Human resources participates as a intermediary steering the conversation but it's ultimately the department managers decision.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions. What's your greatest weakness? Can you give an example when you faced a difficult situation? Etc..   Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick and painless. Took no more then a week.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Nyrstar (Zürich (Switzerland)) in January 2013.

Interview

Both interviews took place over the phone only. Highly unstructured and somewhat unprofessional as there really were no questions related to my experience, but more my willingness to commit to moving and the vision of the company (though I am well qualified, so perhaps this was more of a recruitment than a true interview). Background check and drug testing which were required according to paperwork was never completed once the job had been accepted. Very strange interview process overall.