O'Charley's

Updated Sep 9, 2014

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Short, Interviews with Store GM and few staff. Phone interview with recruiter. Next Area supervisor then hired. 5 days spent in home office for minor training. If Chuck Willis is still there, he was the highlight of time spent in Nashville. Great Trainer!

Interview Questions
  • None, if you have restaurant chops then you're in good shape.   Answer Question
Limited, take the offer or don't

Other Interview Reviews for O'Charley's

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

Got a call from HR. I had an interview in a store. They ask me all of the normal questions and took about
    1hr. Some of the question were what made you come to O'Charley's, Have you ever eaten at OC. What type of cooking do you do? What do you like about cooking? Are you better in the FOH or BOH? Are their any day you can't work? All of the questions were open ended ! The HR person said we were one big family and all 5 MIT. were going to stay(live) at the General managers house, to get to know each other better.The HR person went over the employee handbook and had me sign some papers and then take a personality test. After the personality test i went to get a drug test on my way home.
     I then got a call from the area sup. and ask me if I wanted to meet with him at a restaurant lounge to talk about the personality test and go over policy and rules and job discription. I went to the lounge and he ask me easy questions like where would I like to work, and what type of work did I want to do FOH or BOH? I told him the BOH, because to run a store you had to know the BOH like the back of your hand. He then went over the test I took and made me an offer that was to low and I came back at him with a price and he took the offer and I started 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you work better in the FOH or BOH ?   View Answer
    • What style (type) of management do you use?   View Answer
    They treated me a being part of family. They picked up lunch and ask about my personal life. They then gave me the hand bood and the MIT boos along with a cook book. Five MIT's started and I was the only one to finnish the program