O'Charley's

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

1.8

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's.

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions
    • They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question
    The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Line Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Applied online and recieved a call a few weeks later. Went in for an interview with an assistant manager and felt like I did well, was called back for a second interview with the general manager. She decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position and told me that waitress positions were available instead. That's not the job I was looking for so I declined

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Short, Interviews with Store GM and few staff. Phone interview with recruiter. Next Area supervisor then hired. 5 days spent in home office for minor training. If Chuck Willis is still there, he was the highlight of time spent in Nashville. Great Trainer!

Interview Questions
    • None, if you have restaurant chops then you're in good shape.   Answer Question
    Limited, take the offer or don't

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's in January 2013.

Had to wait awhile because managers are normally busy. You have a couple interviews in one you have one with the hostess manager the floor manager and the GM. They ask normal questions such as "why do you want to work here" "strengths/weaknesses" "how many hours do you want to work" and you tell them a little bit about yourself and your life.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself going in our company"   View Answer
    Manager called and set up and orientation date about a week to two weeks after interviews.

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

interviewed at O'Charley's in October 2012.

Easy basic questions typical of any waiter interview. The entire process from phone call to interview to hiring ended up lasting about 2 weeks. Everything went pretty smoothly and easily.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I would do in a certain hypothetical question with a customer while waitressing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in June 2011.

She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's in November 2009.

I worked for the company so getting the job for me was quite easy. I just started as an entry level employee and was promoted. For all other applicants you take a personality/IQ test online on their website. Next you meet with the Operations Director for a couple of hours. If you pass this you will observe in the store for a shift. If all goes well you negotiate a pay and your hired after a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities to do hold that would serve valuable to this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

My interview was not very professional because it was in a trailer before the store has opened. They asked me about my past experience in the restaurant industry. It was laid back and a comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was able to upsell liquor and I had to give an example of what type of vodka I would upsell.   Answer Question

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in May 2009.

The interview was simple and to the point. All they ask for is what job title your looking for and they will decide whether you get accepted or not. No criteria.

Interview Questions
    As long as you work their crucial days they need you to work, they will more than likely hire you.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in January 2009.

It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?