O'Charley's

Relevance Date Difficulty

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter Interview

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter
Newnan, GA

I interviewed at O'Charley's in October 2012.

Interview Details – Easy basic questions typical of any waiter interview. The entire process from phone call to interview to hiring ended up lasting about 2 weeks. Everything went pretty smoothly and easily.

Interview Question – They asked what I would do in a certain hypothetical question with a customer while waitressing.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Hostess

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2013.

Interview Details – Had to wait awhile because managers are normally busy. You have a couple interviews in one you have one with the hostess manager the floor manager and the GM. They ask normal questions such as "why do you want to work here" "strengths/weaknesses" "how many hours do you want to work" and you tell them a little bit about yourself and your life.

Interview Question – "Where do you see yourself going in our company"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Manager called and set up and orientation date about a week to two weeks after interviews.

Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

Interview Details – My interview was not very professional because it was in a trailer before the store has opened. They asked me about my past experience in the restaurant industry. It was laid back and a comfortable interview.

Interview Question – They asked if I was able to upsell liquor and I had to give an example of what type of vodka I would upsell.   Answer Question

Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was a total breeze. No hard questions

Interview Question – Why do you want to be a server?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, set pay.

Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in June 2011.

Interview Details – She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Richmond, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2009.

Interview Details – It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?

Interview Questions

Waiter Interview

Waiter
Centerville, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was simple and to the point. All they ask for is what job title your looking for and they will decide whether you get accepted or not. No criteria.

Interview Question – Where did you last work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – As long as you work their crucial days they need you to work, they will more than likely hire you.

Manager Interview

Manager
Jackson, TN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2009.

Interview Details – I worked for the company so getting the job for me was quite easy. I just started as an entry level employee and was promoted. For all other applicants you take a personality/IQ test online on their website. Next you meet with the Operations Director for a couple of hours. If you pass this you will observe in the store for a shift. If all goes well you negotiate a pay and your hired after a drug test and background check.

Interview Question – What qualities to do hold that would serve valuable to this organization?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview Details – on line application, management profile analysis, interviews with human resources, manager, operations director and rvp. Opportunity to spend time observing the daily operations and speak with the staff. offer tendered.

Negotiation Details – Minimal as offer was fair.

Server

The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Interview Details – Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.

Interview Question – Sell me this Sharpie   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for O'Charley's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at O'Charley's interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by O'Charley's employees and interview candidates.