O'Charley's Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

interviewed at O'Charley's in October 2012.

Easy basic questions typical of any waiter interview. The entire process from phone call to interview to hiring ended up lasting about 2 weeks. Everything went pretty smoothly and easily.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I would do in a certain hypothetical question with a customer while waitressing.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2013.

Had to wait awhile because managers are normally busy. You have a couple interviews in one you have one with the hostess manager the floor manager and the GM. They ask normal questions such as "why do you want to work here" "strengths/weaknesses" "how many hours do you want to work" and you tell them a little bit about yourself and your life.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself going in our company"   View Answer
    Manager called and set up and orientation date about a week to two weeks after interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

My interview was not very professional because it was in a trailer before the store has opened. They asked me about my past experience in the restaurant industry. It was laid back and a comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was able to upsell liquor and I had to give an example of what type of vodka I would upsell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in June 2008.

It was a total breeze. No hard questions

None, set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in June 2011.

She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Anonymous Employee  in  Richmond, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Richmond, KY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2009.

It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centerville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in May 2009.

The interview was simple and to the point. All they ask for is what job title your looking for and they will decide whether you get accepted or not. No criteria.

Interview Questions
    As long as you work their crucial days they need you to work, they will more than likely hire you.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2009.

I worked for the company so getting the job for me was quite easy. I just started as an entry level employee and was promoted. For all other applicants you take a personality/IQ test online on their website. Next you meet with the Operations Director for a couple of hours. If you pass this you will observe in the store for a shift. If all goes well you negotiate a pay and your hired after a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities to do hold that would serve valuable to this organization?   Answer Question

Management Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at O'Charley's.

on line application, management profile analysis, interviews with human resources, manager, operations director and rvp. Opportunity to spend time observing the daily operations and speak with the staff. offer tendered.

Minimal as offer was fair.

Server Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions

Worked for O'Charley's? Contribute to the Community!