O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.8

Server/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (Hickory, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Stopped by to drop off my resume, manager was available and immediately interviewed me. Came back the next day (today) and interviewed with a different manager. Today is Wednesday, I was told to come in Tuesday to start training. Very simple, fast and straight forward interview.

Server Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Easy. Just answer some questions. Then you'll set up a time to start training and then the fun begins. The training process takes about a week. And they do an excellent job. Then you get your own section and start making money. The biggest thing is to pay attention during training.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Everything was very straight forward. I met with the Restaurant Manager instead of the Serving Manager because she was out of town. But when she called me, she sounded very eager to have me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the food and beverage industry?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (Newnan, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a simple conversation with one of the service managers for about half an hour. There wasn't much to it as he was satisfied with my answers and let me know when I could expect a training schedule and paperwork to fill out.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions

• They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call a few weeks later. Went in for an interview with an assistant manager and felt like I did well, was called back for a second interview with the general manager. She decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position and told me that waitress positions were available instead. That's not the job I was looking for so I declined

Interview Questions

• I was asked what salary I wanted   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Short, Interviews with Store GM and few staff. Phone interview with recruiter. Next Area supervisor then hired. 5 days spent in home office for minor training. If Chuck Willis is still there, he was the highlight of time spent in Nashville. Great Trainer!

Interview Questions

• None, if you have restaurant chops then you're in good shape.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited, take the offer or don't

Guest Assistant/Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's (Orange Park, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after submitting my application a couple weeks before. For the first interview, I met two of the assistant managers. They asked routine questions about what I thought was most important in a job, what I would do to offer great customer service and beyond, pros and cons of my old jobs, my employment history, etc. After the first interview, I was invited to an interview with the general manager. I would recommend people dress formally for the interview: dress pants, collared shirt, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you to work here?   1 Answer

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's in January 2013.

Interview

Had to wait awhile because managers are normally busy. You have a couple interviews in one you have one with the hostess manager the floor manager and the GM. They ask normal questions such as "why do you want to work here" "strengths/weaknesses" "how many hours do you want to work" and you tell them a little bit about yourself and your life.

Interview Questions

• "Where do you see yourself going in our company"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Manager called and set up and orientation date about a week to two weeks after interviews.

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter Interview

Application

interviewed at O'Charley's (Newnan, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

Easy basic questions typical of any waiter interview. The entire process from phone call to interview to hiring ended up lasting about 2 weeks. Everything went pretty smoothly and easily.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I would do in a certain hypothetical question with a customer while waitressing.   Answer Question