O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Jul 21, 2015

1.9

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cookeville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at O'Charley's (Cookeville, TN).

Interview

The interview consisted of a few getting-to-know you questions, surrounded by small-talk. There were few questions that concerned work ability or work history, the focus was mostly on the interviewer's perception of me as an individual and part of the team.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's (Charlotte, NC) in July 2015.

Interview

When I arrived at the interview I felt very comfortable because they provided me with a nice seat and water. The manager asked me a series of personal questions and I told her real life events.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I were a good learrner.   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

set up with recruiter, and then regional manager. standard questions for managers that have worked in restaurant before. ask you about how you manage people and biggest accomplishments and what you want out of the job and career with them

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (North Charleston, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

They called back after a month. I had 2 interviews, both really simple. They just asked about my schedule in the first interview and the second when i was able to start and to tell them about my self.

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (Hickory, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Stopped by to drop off my resume, manager was available and immediately interviewed me. Came back the next day (today) and interviewed with a different manager. Today is Wednesday, I was told to come in Tuesday to start training. Very simple, fast and straight forward interview.

Server Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Easy. Just answer some questions. Then you'll set up a time to start training and then the fun begins. The training process takes about a week. And they do an excellent job. Then you get your own section and start making money. The biggest thing is to pay attention during training.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Everything was very straight forward. I met with the Restaurant Manager instead of the Serving Manager because she was out of town. But when she called me, she sounded very eager to have me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the food and beverage industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (Newnan, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a simple conversation with one of the service managers for about half an hour. There wasn't much to it as he was satisfied with my answers and let me know when I could expect a training schedule and paperwork to fill out.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions

• They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call a few weeks later. Went in for an interview with an assistant manager and felt like I did well, was called back for a second interview with the general manager. She decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position and told me that waitress positions were available instead. That's not the job I was looking for so I declined

Interview Questions

• I was asked what salary I wanted   1 Answer