O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2015

1.9

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

set up with recruiter, and then regional manager. standard questions for managers that have worked in restaurant before. ask you about how you manage people and biggest accomplishments and what you want out of the job and career with them

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (Hickory, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

Stopped by to drop off my resume, manager was available and immediately interviewed me. Came back the next day (today) and interviewed with a different manager. Today is Wednesday, I was told to come in Tuesday to start training. Very simple, fast and straight forward interview.

Server Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Easy. Just answer some questions. Then you'll set up a time to start training and then the fun begins. The training process takes about a week. And they do an excellent job. Then you get your own section and start making money. The biggest thing is to pay attention during training.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Everything was very straight forward. I met with the Restaurant Manager instead of the Serving Manager because she was out of town. But when she called me, she sounded very eager to have me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the food and beverage industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (Newnan, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a simple conversation with one of the service managers for about half an hour. There wasn't much to it as he was satisfied with my answers and let me know when I could expect a training schedule and paperwork to fill out.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions

• They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call a few weeks later. Went in for an interview with an assistant manager and felt like I did well, was called back for a second interview with the general manager. She decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position and told me that waitress positions were available instead. That's not the job I was looking for so I declined

Interview Questions

• I was asked what salary I wanted   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Short, Interviews with Store GM and few staff. Phone interview with recruiter. Next Area supervisor then hired. 5 days spent in home office for minor training. If Chuck Willis is still there, he was the highlight of time spent in Nashville. Great Trainer!

Interview Questions

• None, if you have restaurant chops then you're in good shape.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited, take the offer or don't

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's (Saint Peters, MO) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call back within a couple days and had an interview set up for the next week. They have have you do two interviews. One is with the Bar Manager and then the second is with the General Manager. The first interview was super easy and pretty informal. We went over the basic questions. Then, he went over the uniforms and do's and don'ts at work and set me up for the second interview the next week. The General Manager went over everything from the first one. Explained how far this specific location has improved and changed and how crazy it would be getting a remodel (already happened). Asked if I could handle a stressful atmosphere. Then told me that I would get a phone call by that Monday if I had the job.

Guest Assistant/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's (Orange Park, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after submitting my application a couple weeks before. For the first interview, I met two of the assistant managers. They asked routine questions about what I thought was most important in a job, what I would do to offer great customer service and beyond, pros and cons of my old jobs, my employment history, etc. After the first interview, I was invited to an interview with the general manager. I would recommend people dress formally for the interview: dress pants, collared shirt, etc.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you to work here?   1 Answer