O'Charley's Interview Questions

1.8

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jackson, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, TN

The process took 5 days - interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2009.

I worked for the company so getting the job for me was quite easy. I just started as an entry level employee and was promoted. For all other applicants you take a personality/IQ test online on their website. Next you meet with the Operations Director for a couple of hours. If you pass this you will observe in the store for a shift. If all goes well you negotiate a pay and your hired after a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions
    • What qualities to do hold that would serve valuable to this organization?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

Got a call from HR. I had an interview in a store. They ask me all of the normal questions and took about
    1hr. Some of the question were what made you come to O'Charley's, Have you ever eaten at OC. What type of cooking do you do? What do you like about cooking? Are you better in the FOH or BOH? Are their any day you can't work? All of the questions were open ended ! The HR person said we were one big family and all 5 MIT. were going to stay(live) at the General managers house, to get to know each other better.The HR person went over the employee handbook and had me sign some papers and then take a personality test. After the personality test i went to get a drug test on my way home.
     I then got a call from the area sup. and ask me if I wanted to meet with him at a restaurant lounge to talk about the personality test and go over policy and rules and job discription. I went to the lounge and he ask me easy questions like where would I like to work, and what type of work did I want to do FOH or BOH? I told him the BOH, because to run a store you had to know the BOH like the back of your hand. He then went over the test I took and made me an offer that was to low and I came back at him with a price and he took the offer and I started 10 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Do you work better in the FOH or BOH ?   View Answer
    • What style (type) of management do you use?   View Answer
    They treated me a being part of family. They picked up lunch and ask about my personal life. They then gave me the hand bood and the MIT boos along with a cook book. Five MIT's started and I was the only one to finnish the program

Management Interview

I applied online - interviewed at O'Charley's.

on line application, management profile analysis, interviews with human resources, manager, operations director and rvp. Opportunity to spend time observing the daily operations and speak with the staff. offer tendered.

Minimal as offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

My interview was not very professional because it was in a trailer before the store has opened. They asked me about my past experience in the restaurant industry. It was laid back and a comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was able to upsell liquor and I had to give an example of what type of vodka I would upsell.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2013.

Had to wait awhile because managers are normally busy. You have a couple interviews in one you have one with the hostess manager the floor manager and the GM. They ask normal questions such as "why do you want to work here" "strengths/weaknesses" "how many hours do you want to work" and you tell them a little bit about yourself and your life.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself going in our company"   View Answer
    Manager called and set up and orientation date about a week to two weeks after interviews.

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

interviewed at O'Charley's in October 2012.

Easy basic questions typical of any waiter interview. The entire process from phone call to interview to hiring ended up lasting about 2 weeks. Everything went pretty smoothly and easily.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I would do in a certain hypothetical question with a customer while waitressing.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at O'Charley's.

Short, Interviews with Store GM and few staff. Phone interview with recruiter. Next Area supervisor then hired. 5 days spent in home office for minor training. If Chuck Willis is still there, he was the highlight of time spent in Nashville. Great Trainer!

Interview Questions
    • None, if you have restaurant chops then you're in good shape.   Answer Question
    Limited, take the offer or don't

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in January 2009.

It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?

Server Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Centerville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, GA

The process took a day - interviewed at O'Charley's in May 2009.

The interview was simple and to the point. All they ask for is what job title your looking for and they will decide whether you get accepted or not. No criteria.

Interview Questions
    As long as you work their crucial days they need you to work, they will more than likely hire you.

Worked for O'Charley's? Contribute to the Community!