O'Charley's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

1.8

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Applied online and recieved a call a few weeks later. Went in for an interview with an assistant manager and felt like I did well, was called back for a second interview with the general manager. She decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position and told me that waitress positions were available instead. That's not the job I was looking for so I declined

Interview Questions

• I was asked what salary I wanted   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions

• They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

It was quick and easy. Everything was very straight forward. I met with the Restaurant Manager instead of the Serving Manager because she was out of town. But when she called me, she sounded very eager to have me in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be in the food and beverage industry?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Interview

Easy. Just answer some questions. Then you'll set up a time to start training and then the fun begins. The training process takes about a week. And they do an excellent job. Then you get your own section and start making money. The biggest thing is to pay attention during training.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's (Newnan, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a simple conversation with one of the service managers for about half an hour. There wasn't much to it as he was satisfied with my answers and let me know when I could expect a training schedule and paperwork to fill out.

Waiter Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's (Centerville, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview was simple and to the point. All they ask for is what job title your looking for and they will decide whether you get accepted or not. No criteria.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As long as you work their crucial days they need you to work, they will more than likely hire you.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's (Richmond, KY) in January 2009.

Interview

It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?

Interview Questions

• What type of worker are you?   1 Answer
    • What type of animal would you be?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Interview

Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's (Knoxville, TN) in June 2011.

Interview

She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

Negotiation

There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's (Brentwood, TN) in June 2008.

Interview

It was a total breeze. No hard questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None, set pay.