O'Charley's

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

1.8

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's.

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions
    • They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question
    The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Line Cook Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Applied online and recieved a call a few weeks later. Went in for an interview with an assistant manager and felt like I did well, was called back for a second interview with the general manager. She decided that I didn't have enough experience for the position and told me that waitress positions were available instead. That's not the job I was looking for so I declined

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's.

Short, Interviews with Store GM and few staff. Phone interview with recruiter. Next Area supervisor then hired. 5 days spent in home office for minor training. If Chuck Willis is still there, he was the highlight of time spent in Nashville. Great Trainer!

Interview Questions
    • None, if you have restaurant chops then you're in good shape.   Answer Question
    Limited, take the offer or don't

Bus Boy, Host, Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

interviewed at O'Charley's in October 2012.

Easy basic questions typical of any waiter interview. The entire process from phone call to interview to hiring ended up lasting about 2 weeks. Everything went pretty smoothly and easily.

Interview Questions
    • They asked what I would do in a certain hypothetical question with a customer while waitressing.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at O'Charley's in January 2013.

Had to wait awhile because managers are normally busy. You have a couple interviews in one you have one with the hostess manager the floor manager and the GM. They ask normal questions such as "why do you want to work here" "strengths/weaknesses" "how many hours do you want to work" and you tell them a little bit about yourself and your life.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself going in our company"   View Answer
    Manager called and set up and orientation date about a week to two weeks after interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

My interview was not very professional because it was in a trailer before the store has opened. They asked me about my past experience in the restaurant industry. It was laid back and a comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was able to upsell liquor and I had to give an example of what type of vodka I would upsell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in June 2008.

It was a total breeze. No hard questions

None, set pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in June 2011.

She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Management Interview

I applied online – interviewed at O'Charley's.

on line application, management profile analysis, interviews with human resources, manager, operations director and rvp. Opportunity to spend time observing the daily operations and speak with the staff. offer tendered.

Minimal as offer was fair.

Server Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.