O'Charley's

Updated Nov 9, 2014

1.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's.

I applied one night out of the blue, and got a call the next day. I came in that thursday for an interview, most of the questions are aimed to see how you will interact with customers and situations, they ask a bit about yourself and so forth. maybe takes about 10-15 minutes. However most of the people that I see come in for the interviews usually have to wait 30-45 minutes until the managers even go and speak with them!

Interview Questions
  • They do not ask you anything weird. They ask you more situation questions where you need to give the answer that best benefits the guest.   Answer Question
The pay for a server is 2.13+tips. For a bartender it is $5.00+tips and tip outs from servers.

Other Interview Reviews for O'Charley's

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in June 2011.

She only asked me if I have had experience before. After that, I was asked if I can multitask under pressure. I was hired. Too simple.

There was no negotiation since I was just a server.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Charley's in September 2009.

My interview was not very professional because it was in a trailer before the store has opened. They asked me about my past experience in the restaurant industry. It was laid back and a comfortable interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I was able to upsell liquor and I had to give an example of what type of vodka I would upsell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in January 2009.

It consisted of an interview with a manager. He asked why I wanted to work there? How well I worked in a team? What type of worker I was?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Charley's in June 2008.

It was a total breeze. No hard questions

None, set pay.

Server Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at O'Charley's in November 2011.

Communications were easy. Walked in, asked for the manager by name, filled out application, sat down and interviewed with manager on the spot and was offered the job. Came back a few days later to take personality test and fill out paperwork.