O'Connor Davies

Interviews for Top Jobs at O'Connor Davies

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Connor Davies in December 2013.

I had an on campus interview with a member of the Human Resources team. This was by far the best inteview I have ever been on. The woman was very friendly and the questions she asked were not very difficult

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at O'Connor Davies in November 2013.

The recruiter came to campus for a job fair and we spoke for a few minutes. This was followed by an interview with someone in HR at the firm. The final interview was with a firm partner.

Interview Questions
    • Hardest was "where do you see yourself in 5 years" because I was trying not to laugh. It was such a cliche.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at O'Connor Davies in February 2012.

My interview experience at O'Connor Davies was one of the most pleasant recruiting experiences I have had to date. At first, I received an initial phone screening, whereupon I was asked to describe my professional experiences I had to date in addition to why I wanted to pursue a role within their tax department. After two days, I was invited for an on-site interview, where I was interviewed by two Managers within the tax department. They asked a variety of very basic fit questions (No technical questions asked at all), and then I was given a tour of their office by a member of their HR.

In less than a week, they extended me the offer.

Interview Questions
    • To preface this, I had relatively little prior experience in Accounting (both academically and professionally).

I was not asked any difficult questions, but the most thought-provoking question I received was "Given that you have had very little experience in Accounting, please describe how you plan on adding value to this firm?"

(Again, it was not a very difficult question)

Answer Question