O'Connor Davies Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2015

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at O'Connor Davies

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

2 interviews one at career center one at office. Process took weeks I got the call within 1 week of the 2nd interview from hr saying I got the job

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a difficult decision. Name a time when you had to take charge of a group   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at O'Connor Davies (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I had an on campus interview with a member of the Human Resources team. This was by far the best inteview I have ever been on. The woman was very friendly and the questions she asked were not very difficult

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at O'Connor Davies (Harrison, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

The recruiter came to campus for a job fair and we spoke for a few minutes. This was followed by an interview with someone in HR at the firm. The final interview was with a firm partner.

Interview Questions

• Hardest was "where do you see yourself in 5 years" because I was trying not to laugh. It was such a cliche.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Audit Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at O'Connor Davies (Stamford, CT) in June 2012.

Interview

I met with partners for about an hour in their conference room. They were very friendly, asked general questions, nothing too technical. Easy to talk to and gave me a good idea of what the daily tasks would be like for the position.

Interview Questions

• what are your goals for the next 5 years?   1 Answer

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrison, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at O'Connor Davies (Harrison, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

My interview experience at O'Connor Davies was one of the most pleasant recruiting experiences I have had to date. At first, I received an initial phone screening, whereupon I was asked to describe my professional experiences I had to date in addition to why I wanted to pursue a role within their tax department. After two days, I was invited for an on-site interview, where I was interviewed by two Managers within the tax department. They asked a variety of very basic fit questions (No technical questions asked at all), and then I was given a tour of their office by a member of their HR. In less than a week, they extended me the offer.

Interview Questions

• To preface this, I had relatively little prior experience in Accounting (both academically and professionally). I was not asked any difficult questions, but the most thought-provoking question I received was "Given that you have had very little experience in Accounting, please describe how you plan on adding value to this firm?" (Again, it was not a very difficult question)   Answer Question