O'Keeffe & Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Coordinator Interview

Account Coordinator
Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company.

Interview Details – First step is a phone interview, which was more detailed than I expected (30-40 minutes). The HR rep asked me questions that I would expect to hear during a live interview, so make sure you are prepared. If you advance, you will then come in for an in-person interview with a few different people. You will also have to complete a writing exercise.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in an agency environment as opposed to a corporate/internal PR position? What questions do you have for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room to negotiate as a new employee, but it can't hurt to try.

PHP Web Developer Interview

Alexandria, VA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company in December 2011.

Interview Details – I read really bad reviews about this company before but decided to go to the interview anyways hoping my experience would be different. First I had a phone interview which went very well and then I was asked to come to a face to face interview. Since I was out of state I told them I am only willing to come up to VA if there is a serious consideration for me. The recruiter assured me that they want to hire me so I spent a good bit of money to go to VA. Had the interview and then the manager left halfway because he had a meeting. Later I was told they changed their mind.

Interview Question – A coding exercise was given to write a php class that implements an interface in a specific way.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company in November 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview, was asked typical questions about experience and my resume but awkward follow ups. After I spent a few minutes walking through my duties at a particular job, interviewer just said "tell me more". Awkward pauses (presumably my and the interviewers fault) but at times I felt I was rambling because the interviewer did not ask very many questions or detailed questions. Overall a strange interview. Was told I'd hear about the next step in a week and was never contacted.

Public Relations Extern Interview

Alexandria, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company in June 2009.

Interview Details – My resume was passed along by a current employee, a Senior Account Executive. I was e-mailed instructions to complete a writing sample which was a sample press release. I was offered an interview and instructed to come in the following week for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people, sort of peer interview style. Basic interview questions, strengths, weaknesses, why O'Keefe & Co. Interview went extremely well. The current employee who'd passed along my info spoke with her colleague after and she said it went well also. However, I was not called back. Finally after a week I e-mailed to follow-up and was told that while they really enjoyed meeting me they'd decided to go with another candidate.

Account Coordinator Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at O'Keeffe & Company in January 2012.

Interview Details – A few weeks after submitting my resume, I was contacted for a phone interview, which went well and the woman I spoke with hinted heavily that they wanted me to come in for an in-person interview. I was contacted by HR about two weeks later for a writing sample (I was given a prompt to write a press release) and then was asked a few days later to set up the in-person interview.

Once I got to the office, I met with the HR manager and was given the opportunity to ask her questions. I felt that she was a bit arrogant, but was nice enough. She played coy when I tried to ask about the salary range for the position (I had been given no indication of numbers prior to that point) and asked me what I was looking for, rather than giving me a number. I was given another 'test' that consisted of grouping names/companies from a list into different categories (I assume it was to test my knowledge of what types of clients they represent).

After the 'test', I met with two peer interviewers and it felt more like a conversation than an interview with them. They were easy to talk to and made the job sound appealing. They asked me to stick around and they brought in two other employees in more senior positions. The senior-level employees had a list of generic questions that they asked me, some of which I felt were irrelevant and difficult to answer.

A week after the interview, I received a generic rejection e-mail. I did appreciate them notifying me of their decision, as so many companies neglect to do that these days.

Interview Questions

• What is the most frustrating thing about people in the workplace?   Answer Question
  • What are 4 adjectives you'd use to describe you/your work? Then immediately following, what adjectives would your current or former supervisor use to describe you?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for O'Keeffe & Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at O'Keeffe & Company interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by O'Keeffe & Company employees and interview candidates.