O P Solutions

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level

Interviewed at O P Solutions

Interview Details – After posting my resume online, I was called in for an interview. The interview itself was strange--starting with a thirty minute logic test, I then carried on a conversation with the hiring representative in a very small room that might have qualified for a closet. The interview itself was interrupted by my interview answering his phone twice (!!) and carrying on a conversation, albeit a fairly short one, in front of me. I did excuse this by the fact that it was about his young daughter being ill at school. Still, with how short the interview was (about thirty minutes), I might have wondered if he could not have waited.

Interview Question – Nothing was particularly difficult concerning the interview. Just be yourself (as with all interviews in my experience).   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Programmer
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at O P Solutions in June 2011.

Interview Details – Walked into an office in the middle of The Village that was set up like a sweat shop - no cubicles, just a desk that lined all of the walls with a computer every few feet.

Was given 40 minutes to complete a test consisting of algebra questions I'd last seen in high school. Yeah, forget that Computer Science degree you might have - the "Lead Programmer" confessed to me he didn't have a C.S. degree, but some other engineering specialty (and not EE). He was a nice guy though, seemed smart.

Then met the CEO. He was self-assured and liked to hear his own voice. I gave him my salary expectations (at least 50k/yr in 2011, which is well below average), and he seemed very put off. When I mentioned the national average for C.S. majors coming out of college was more like 60k/yr, he said that whoever was figuring out that number "wasn't factoring in all of the zeroes."

Anyway, my impression was that this company employs hacks. They seemed to program exclusively in Visual Basic at the time of my interview ('nuff said), and probably get their employee base straight out of community college at best. If you have ever heard of Big Oh analysis, you'd probably be best looking elsewhere with that degree.

Interview Question – I solved a quadratic equation for the zeroes to get the area of a box. The lead programmer claimed that no one ever solves it that way.   Answer Question

Tech Support Interview

Tech Support

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at O P Solutions in September 2010.

Interview Details – The office is on First Avenue and 14th Street and is run-down. It looks like there are 5 or 6 employees. The interview consisted of a test that I failed and some short and unwelcoming discussions. There were five questions on the test that I would have answered better in high school. One had to do with compound interest, another with coins (like the other poster noted), another with a number series, and the last was expanding the border of a rectangle on three sides that required some algebra. Instead of the quadratic formula (like the other poster mentioned), I tried to factor. Something like x2 - 3x + 150 or whatever.

Interview Questions

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Support Interview

Customer Support

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at O P Solutions in June 2010.

Interview Details – It started off with a basic logic test that contained algebra word problems. It was relatively easy for any one with a technical background. I was allowed 45 mins for 6 problems. I then talked to an employer and then the CEO of the company. I have to say the company wasn't much, it was a tiny part of a floor in a section of downtown NYC.

Interview Question – One question asked if you had X dollars, how many coins would you have of dimes, nickels, and quarters, where you had Y more quarters than dimes, and Z more dimes than nickels.   View Answer

Worked for O P Solutions? Contribute to the Community!