O'Reilly Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.1

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

It was fast and simple. I submitted an application online through their "careers" page after a friend told me that they were hiring. I heard back from the manager of a local store within a few days. We set up a date for the interview (the following day) over the phone. The interview was one-on-one with the manager and took about half an hour. The manager was extremely polite and only asked me a few job-specific questions.

Parts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Seattle, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview. It was a fairly informal conversational type interview, and we even chatted about what we do in our spare time such as going to car meets etc.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what is involved in a basic tune up. They also asked what my prior experience was, and about the job experience that I have. It was a fairly informal conversational type interview, and we even chatted about what we do in our spare time such as going to car meets etc.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

It was a simple 30-minute interview that consisted about them asking what experience I had and what interested me in applying. Given I have no knowledge about vehicles and car parts, my interviewer took that into account and asked why I intended to apply anyways if I had no experience. Very basic interview, not too many technical questions regarding auto parts.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think would help you in this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple. I feel out the application online and I called the store manager. He called me back for an interview which will be tomorrow. So wish me luck! Also, they are very polite and i cant wait to work for them.

Parts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview after about two weeks. Met with the store manager that day. Was also questioned by another store manager then tested on alphanumeric codes. The manager went over the store policies and compensation package. Offered the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What other parts would you recommend to someone who buys a water pump? What is involved in a basic tune up? Why would you like to work here. What customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Dayton, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call within 2 days. Came in the following monday and met with the manager, received a call a few hours later with the manager telling me I was going to need a name tag, and I will need to do another interview with the big boss later that week.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on line on a Sunday, Monday HR called to set up a test on Tuesday. I showed up for a timed unreadable written test! This is a JOKE of a company no wonder you have the bad reviews you do!

Interview Questions

• Timed test by someone that we could hardly understand what she was saying. Looking at the appearance of the employees you would think you was at a park not a business.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the regional manager, the other with the store manager. The interview was easy, they just asked about my work experience and my knowledge of Oreilly's. After the second interview was done, I had to immediately go to a lab and get a urine drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Oreilly's?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying, I spoke with a recruiter in HR with a phone interview. They scheduled me for testing and then a face to face interview with Supervisor. Interviews are usually behavioral based interviews. It seemed that they go off of the script, but in the long run, they must have some sort of script they follow to ask the same questions at each interview.

Parts Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

They first did a meet and greet out side on a bench where the manager just asked me about my personality and why I wanted to work for the company and asked me about my knowledge and took my word for it. They then did a computerized test on my automotive knowledge which was fairly challenging even for me having had just graduated from a two year automotive trade school with a AS degree. Good news is that if you get a low score or even flat out fail they have positions at the company for just about any level of knowledge the test scores you to have from 0-Expert.
    Once I was scored they let me know what positions I qualified for which they had open for me to choose from and they let me pick the position which I was comfortable with starting with informing me that even tho i choose do delivery drive that I could move up when I felt ready (which eventually I did to parts tech) Once background search is passed they send you off for a urine sample and once they have the official word you have passed that as well then they bring you in for your uniform fitting and first day of training/work. Not bad.

Interview Questions

• What does ABS stand for?" and "What is a half shaft?" May ask you show knowledge and say assemble a sway bar end link in the correct fashion, may set a handful of sensors in front of you and ask you to identify the DPFE sensor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested 15/hr and I was offered 10/hr while being informed that was the most they could possibly start me at and that most start at min wage which was 7.25 at the time so I was satisfied with this process and with the outcome.