O'Reilly Auto Parts

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.1

Parts Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

They first did a meet and greet out side on a bench where the manager just asked me about my personality and why I wanted to work for the company and asked me about my knowledge and took my word for it. They then did a computerized test on my automotive knowledge which was fairly challenging even for me having had just graduated from a two year automotive trade school with a AS degree. Good news is that if you get a low score or even flat out fail they have positions at the company for just about any level of knowledge the test scores you to have from 0-Expert.
    Once I was scored they let me know what positions I qualified for which they had open for me to choose from and they let me pick the position which I was comfortable with starting with informing me that even tho i choose do delivery drive that I could move up when I felt ready (which eventually I did to parts tech) Once background search is passed they send you off for a urine sample and once they have the official word you have passed that as well then they bring you in for your uniform fitting and first day of training/work. Not bad.

Interview Questions
    • What does ABS stand for?" and "What is a half shaft?" May ask you show knowledge and say assemble a sway bar end link in the correct fashion, may set a handful of sensors in front of you and ask you to identify the DPFE sensor.   Answer Question
    I requested 15/hr and I was offered 10/hr while being informed that was the most they could possibly start me at and that most start at min wage which was 7.25 at the time so I was satisfied with this process and with the outcome.

Parts Specialist Interview

Basically, you have your normal interview questions. Tell me about yourself? Why would you be a god fit? Some questions about previous employers? Why you want the job? What do you expect? Where do you see yourself in a few years? Then some basic questions about automotive parts.

Interview Questions
    Not much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Advertising Assistant Interview

Met with a Human Resources director and went over the basics: What's your greatest weakness, skills, etc.. Was scheduled for a follow up interview with department head and went over responsibilities of the job and why I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • Had to complete a quiz that evaluated your knowledge of basic facts.   Answer Question

Parts Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

The hiring process has changed since i have been there. The store manager will question you about your basic knowledge of cars continue on to ask you question about you response to customer service situations to see how you would react.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when you catch some one in the act of stealing something.   View Answer
    There is none, it cashiers position highly sought after, if you dont want it some one else does.

Delivery Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Easy and 1on1 with manager. The interview was to the point and the best one I have ever had. Manager explains job and then gives numerical test. After interview was asked if I wanted the job I said yes and then went for my background and my drug test.

Interview Questions
    always ask about hourly pay and work hours

Social Media Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in July 2014.

I had two interviews, took their test, and was given all the information about benefits. I got my hopes up, just to have them dashed... two weeks later. The whole process was kind of a joke and they led me on. They really made it seem like I had the job and would not respond to my emails or phone calls about the position after the interview. Really annoying, because they really did make it seem like I was a perfect fit.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in July 2014.

showed up for a career fair. Talked with someone for about 30min and he admitted he wasn't even qualified to Interview me because he is in development. He told me he would give me an A+ rating for the next step as I had a good personality and technically, also I should get a call back in 2-3 days. Received the "thanks for applying" letter IN THE MAIL 4 weeks later.

Parts Deleivery Spc Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in July 2014.

had 2 interviews one with assistant manager the with store manager was easy basic questions. Then took a test on part numbers drug test and that. The interview with assistant manger was much longer then the one with store manager he asked a lot of questions but were very easy like whats your parts back ground and driving history and hours and days i could work

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview was a two step process. First I had an interview with the district manager. It was pretty simple and straightforward. He just asked questions about myself/what I like to do on my free time , why I chose O'reilly. Once that interview was over he said he liked me and wanted me to meet with the store manager of the store I would be working at. He set me up for an appointment for my second interview with the store manager. This part was a little longer. They went through a sheet with about 30 questions asking about myself and situational questions e.g. what do you do if a customer is angry, qualities about yourself, how are you a good driver. Then I had to take a alphanumeric test where you match sequences of numbers with other sequences . They give you 5 minutes and you can only get one wrong. I passed that and they offered me the job as long as I passed my urine test and background check.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation was difficult because I had already put the minimum wage as my starting job pay. They upped it to 8.50 and I accepted. Im not too picky on the pay right now, I just want a good job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in May 2014.

Applied online and was called for an interview in less than a week. You will have to do an assessment online. You may take an eye exam at the interview, which is pretty much matching numbers or letters.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions about experience, short or long term commitments, goals and overview of duties.   Answer Question
    I was not worried about pay since i am I was more into learning new skills and helping the company and myself grow. No negotiation was done.