O'Reilly Auto Parts Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

It was a simple 30-minute interview that consisted about them asking what experience I had and what interested me in applying. Given I have no knowledge about vehicles and car parts, my interviewer took that into account and asked why I intended to apply anyways if I had no experience. Very basic interview, not too many technical questions regarding auto parts.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you think would help you in this position?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Dayton, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a phone call within 2 days. Came in the following monday and met with the manager, received a call a few hours later with the manager telling me I was going to need a name tag, and I will need to do another interview with the big boss later that week.

Parts Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

Applied online and was called for an interview after about two weeks. Met with the store manager that day. Was also questioned by another store manager then tested on alphanumeric codes. The manager went over the store policies and compensation package. Offered the job that day.

Interview Questions

• What other parts would you recommend to someone who buys a water pump? What is involved in a basic tune up? Why would you like to work here. What customer service experience do you have?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied on line on a Sunday, Monday HR called to set up a test on Tuesday. I showed up for a timed unreadable written test! This is a JOKE of a company no wonder you have the bad reviews you do!

Interview Questions

• Timed test by someone that we could hardly understand what she was saying. Looking at the appearance of the employees you would think you was at a park not a business.   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

I had two interviews, one with the regional manager, the other with the store manager. The interview was easy, they just asked about my work experience and my knowledge of Oreilly's. After the second interview was done, I had to immediately go to a lab and get a urine drug test.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Oreilly's?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Springfield, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying, I spoke with a recruiter in HR with a phone interview. They scheduled me for testing and then a face to face interview with Supervisor. Interviews are usually behavioral based interviews. It seemed that they go off of the script, but in the long run, they must have some sort of script they follow to ask the same questions at each interview.

Parts Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview

They first did a meet and greet out side on a bench where the manager just asked me about my personality and why I wanted to work for the company and asked me about my knowledge and took my word for it. They then did a computerized test on my automotive knowledge which was fairly challenging even for me having had just graduated from a two year automotive trade school with a AS degree. Good news is that if you get a low score or even flat out fail they have positions at the company for just about any level of knowledge the test scores you to have from 0-Expert.
    Once I was scored they let me know what positions I qualified for which they had open for me to choose from and they let me pick the position which I was comfortable with starting with informing me that even tho i choose do delivery drive that I could move up when I felt ready (which eventually I did to parts tech) Once background search is passed they send you off for a urine sample and once they have the official word you have passed that as well then they bring you in for your uniform fitting and first day of training/work. Not bad.

Interview Questions

• What does ABS stand for?" and "What is a half shaft?" May ask you show knowledge and say assemble a sway bar end link in the correct fashion, may set a handful of sensors in front of you and ask you to identify the DPFE sensor.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I requested 15/hr and I was offered 10/hr while being informed that was the most they could possibly start me at and that most start at min wage which was 7.25 at the time so I was satisfied with this process and with the outcome.

Parts Specialist Interview

Interview

Basically, you have your normal interview questions. Tell me about yourself? Why would you be a god fit? Some questions about previous employers? Why you want the job? What do you expect? Where do you see yourself in a few years? Then some basic questions about automotive parts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiation, but there is some.

Tractor Trailer Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Devens, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts (Devens, MA) in November 2014.

Interview

My interview was conducted by the transportation manager, and the Human Resources Manager. Both were very thorough on background experience, and job expectations, and describing all benefits and tasks. Overall job performance requirements, and safe working stressed.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about us. What are your strong skill assets. What do you believe you can improve on. Where do you see yourself in the future.   Answer Question

Advertising Assistant Interview

Interview

Met with a Human Resources director and went over the basics: What's your greatest weakness, skills, etc.. Was scheduled for a follow up interview with department head and went over responsibilities of the job and why I would be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Had to complete a quiz that evaluated your knowledge of basic facts.   Answer Question