O'Reilly Auto Parts

61 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Youngstown, OH

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and was called for an interview in less than a week. You will have to do an assessment online. You may take an eye exam at the interview, which is pretty much matching numbers or letters.

Interview Question – Basic questions about experience, short or long term commitments, goals and overview of duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not worried about pay since i am I was more into learning new skills and helping the company and myself grow. No negotiation was done.

Long Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online at their website and waited a week then got a call going in for an interview. Overall experience was okay, basic interview questions and was ask to go in for a second interview at a different location

Interview Question – left a decent full time job, so I can go back to school   Answer Question

Delivery Specialist Interview

Delivery Specialist
Madison Heights, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in March 2013.

Interview Details – One posts employment history to the O's website and then waits for a call from a Store Manager. I had two interviews with two different locations/store managers. The first one didn't hire me and the second one did.
No fancy or gotcha questions. First Store Manager didn't call back. Second one hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – Do you get along with Women Bosses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts.

Interview Details – Interview was a two step process. First I had an interview with the district manager. It was pretty simple and straightforward. He just asked questions about myself/what I like to do on my free time , why I chose O'reilly. Once that interview was over he said he liked me and wanted me to meet with the store manager of the store I would be working at. He set me up for an appointment for my second interview with the store manager. This part was a little longer. They went through a sheet with about 30 questions asking about myself and situational questions e.g. what do you do if a customer is angry, qualities about yourself, how are you a good driver. Then I had to take a alphanumeric test where you match sequences of numbers with other sequences . They give you 5 minutes and you can only get one wrong. I passed that and they offered me the job as long as I passed my urine test and background check.

Interview Question – What is the worst quality about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was difficult because I had already put the minimum wage as my starting job pay. They upped it to 8.50 and I accepted. Im not too picky on the pay right now, I just want a good job.

Parts Specialist

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in April 2014.

Interview Details – The process was pretty simple. They give you a ton of paperwork to sign and fill out. Then you take a quick quiz over part numbers. The quiz is just matching numbers, if XB113 is the same as XB123, ect.

After that, he asked a few technical questions and general employer questions.
Technical questions included "Name components of the ignition system", "Name components of the charging system", "Name components of the A/C system", and "What does ABS stand for and what does it do?".

Interview questions were just "How long do you plan to stay at O'rileys", "I notice you have alot of IT experience, will you be leaving at some point to go for an IT job?", "Were you ever late at your previous employer?"

Interview Question – Of the technical questions listed, the only one that caught me a little off guard was the ABS question. I know what ABS is, but trying to explain what it does without looking like an idiot was a little tough.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple, he told me I would be working for $8/hr plus monthly comission. Wasn't much negotiation, but if i had more experience, it might have been a possibility.

RSS Interview

RSS
Pinetop, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in February 2011.

Interview Details – Just like any other job, they give you a call, set up a good time for an interview, once your there they ask you the basic questions like , tell me about yourself etc. they do ask about common automotive skills simple knowledge of parts or what you would recommend to sell say if someone is buying a water pump try to sell the antifreeze.

Interview Question – they plan on keeping the employee, employed so they really look into the past work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would like to start you on Wednesday, pay starting off ( with room for advancement) would be $9.50 hr. is that okay for you? I replied, 10 hr and you got a deal. I started on Wednesday.

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in July 2013.

Interview Details – Had to have two interviews, drug test, and that was it. Pretty simple.

Interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Interview Details – Not bad, They make you go to the back of the store and just talk to the manager. I didnt like how he told me he would nonchalantly pay me a certain amount as I was signing paper work. They ask if you have any general knowledge about cars.

Interview Question – What was a goal you had but something got in the way? How did you approach this obstacle.   Answer Question

Regional Field Sales Manager Interview

Regional Field Sales Manager
Spokane, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in April 2011.

Interview Details – You cannot get this job without being promoted from within. O'Reilly has a culture of promoting to this type of management position. It is possible to be hired and put on a training program along with working a lower position. But it is rare for this position. This position requires a strong professional sales background with 5+ years of understanding the automotive aftermarket.

Interview Question – Why do you not have the ability to make professional customers pricing more flexible and easier to implement on a micro market basis.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

Interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts

Interview Details – Apply online, touch base with manager to keep an eye on your application. Interview.

Interview Question – Parts knowledge? flexibility of schedule   Answer Question

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!