O'Reilly Auto Parts Parts Specialist Interview Questions & Reviews

2.2

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Youngstown, OH
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngstown, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in May 2014.

Applied online and was called for an interview in less than a week. You will have to do an assessment online. You may take an eye exam at the interview, which is pretty much matching numbers or letters.

Interview Questions
  • Basic questions about experience, short or long term commitments, goals and overview of duties.   Answer Question
I was not worried about pay since i am I was more into learning new skills and helping the company and myself grow. No negotiation was done.

Other Interview Reviews for O'Reilly Auto Parts

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Long Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in March 2014.

Applied online at their website and waited a week then got a call going in for an interview. Overall experience was okay, basic interview questions and was ask to go in for a second interview at a different location

Interview Questions
    • left a decent full time job, so I can go back to school   Answer Question

Parts Specialist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in April 2014.

The process was pretty simple. They give you a ton of paperwork to sign and fill out. Then you take a quick quiz over part numbers. The quiz is just matching numbers, if XB113 is the same as XB123, ect.

After that, he asked a few technical questions and general employer questions.
    Technical questions included "Name components of the ignition system", "Name components of the charging system", "Name components of the A/C system", and "What does ABS stand for and what does it do?".

Interview questions were just "How long do you plan to stay at O'rileys", "I notice you have alot of IT experience, will you be leaving at some point to go for an IT job?", "Were you ever late at your previous employer?"

Interview Questions
    • Of the technical questions listed, the only one that caught me a little off guard was the ABS question. I know what ABS is, but trying to explain what it does without looking like an idiot was a little tough.   View Answer
    Pretty simple, he told me I would be working for $8/hr plus monthly comission. Wasn't much negotiation, but if i had more experience, it might have been a possibility.

Parts Specialist Interview

Not bad, They make you go to the back of the store and just talk to the manager. I didnt like how he told me he would nonchalantly pay me a certain amount as I was signing paper work. They ask if you have any general knowledge about cars.

Interview Questions
    • What was a goal you had but something got in the way? How did you approach this obstacle.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in August 2012.

Being a regular customer at the local O'Reilly store, I came to knew the staff there, including the manager. One day, while working on a particularly stubborn water pump, the manager asked if I wanted to come work for him, so I applied and he put in a good word with district management, where I went to be preliminarily interviewed. This part of the interview was pretty simple: take a test to see how well you can match part numbers against erroneous numbers, and I don't know if this is typical, but in my case, the interview with the DM consisted more of listening to him speak about his expectations than anything. I was sent to a different store to speak with the manager there- this was a bit more of an interview, though it still ended up being more a case of listening to the guy talk. The only question that still stands out in my mind was being asked what related items I might suggest with the purchase of a radiator. I was given my handbook and new-hire t-shirt and hired on the spot, and sent to the break room computer to do basic training.

Interview Questions
    • "A customer is buying a radiator, what other items might you suggest?"   View Answer

Anonymous Employee  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in October 2013.

The manager promised to call me, but have never received a call from him. I came in to the store to talk to him because I was eager to get a job. I was notified that I am going to be interview by the manager in 10 minutes. 20 minutes later, I was asked to come in. I was interviewed by a parts manager or a clerk. The interview seemed good, but they did not call me back.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in the future?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  House Springs, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in House Springs, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in May 2013.

Applied. Store Manager called for interview. Went in for interview and accepted opportunity.

Part Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in January 2009.

You get called by the store manager that they think will best interview you for the job; not the manager of the location you are interviewing for.
    You either meet with the manager of their choice of the actual D.M.
    They ask you a series of questions including your automotive knowledge, whether you spaek spanish, they ask you to tell them about yourself and whether you applied for full or part time.
    The interview last usually about 15 minutes and you will receive a phone call later for instructions on further steps. (Only if you got the job.) If not, they won't call you at all.

Interview Questions
    • Explained the steps and parts needed to complete a successful brake job.
      Or something similar depending on your position applied for.
        View Answer
    They told me what I was making and there was no negotiating pay or hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in March 2013.

Submitted an application online. Went in the following day and dropped a resume off to the manager of the store and was selected for an interview. After a short interview, was offered the job and started the next week. A very easy and simple process.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really comes to mind here. Standard retail interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at O'Reilly Auto Parts in May 2013.

Interviews were simple, basic quiestions. Then 2nd interview with district manager. Then hired.

Interview Questions

Worked for O'Reilly Auto Parts? Contribute to the Community!