OC&C Strategy Consultants

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in November 2011.

Interview Details – Two back to back 45 minute interviews. First was a fit. Had nothing in common with the guy and it was hard to have a conversation. Second was a market sizing the market size for light bars (the thing that holds the sirens on top of police cars). It was pretty straightforward, but I think the fit interview sunk me. Its been three weeks and still haven't heard from them. Assuming rejection.

Interview Question – What is the market size for light bars (the thing that holds sirens on top of police cars? Stick to police cars only.   View Answer

New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in August 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by two Managers back to back. It took a total of 3 hours. The first person spent 5 minutes asking me about my background and CV and why I want to do consulting and we spent the rest of the hour doing a market sizing question and a standard profit & loss case study.
The second person interviewed me for another hour for another case study with time for questions at the end. The two didn't give any direction during the case studies so I thought my responses were OK and they didn't want me to go deeper. The case studies were incredibly easy, so it had quite straightforward solutions. It was difficult to come up with creative ones for such easy scenarios with obvious solutions.

They ended up not letting me go to the next round because I was "too general." - even though I did a great job keeping the flow of conversation throughout and asking all the right questions.

Interview Question – any areas of your cv you want to talk about   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

The process took a day - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in October 2009.

Interview Details – 1st round was two 30 minute cases + 45 minute multiple choice quantitative test. Interviewers were a bit conceited; clearly interested in hearing their own voice. Cases weren't that interesting. Partner that interviewed me didn't know basic economics terminology. Test was obnoxious; had to do with reading graphs, calculating with unwieldy numbers, but getting exact answers.

Interview Question – What was your favorite work experience?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in February 2014.

Interview Details – After standard online testing, I was invited to interview - both rounds were condensed into one day (they would typically be a week apart).

Morning: test on laptops. Different to usual psychometric testing as they had designed their own test which assessed numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning etc. I believe this is new for them, but if you perform well on normal psychometric testing, you should be fine. 2 30-minute case study interviews, both with a market sizing element.

I was then sent away for two hours to wait for a call informing me whether I would be progressing to the afternoon session.

Afternoon: 2 45-minute case study interviews, this time with partners. Again, market sizing elements in both, but these longer interviews allowed more time to explore the strategy side.

Interview Question – Make sure you've practised market sizing!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate as the salary was extreme generous for an entry level position, including a sign-on bonus.

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in January 2014.

Interview Details – After the CV screening I took a verbal reasoning and a math online test (both SHL). They were not very challenging so don't worry too much about them. The first round of interviews consisted of two 1:1 30-min long case based interviews. They asked a couple of CV related questions and the standard why consulting & why OC&C. Really strong company culture, very friendly interviewers.

Interview Question – Two one-on-one case based interviews. Both of them about market estimation   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants.

Interview Details – Applied through university's career service - emailed through the CV and cover letter. Was invited to do an SHL test a week or so later. Fairly standard test with numerical and verbal parts. Was then invited for an hour-long phone interview the week after (I applied for an oversea office). The interview was conducted completely in English despite I was told in advance that it would be in both English and the local language. The interview itself was pretty standard: they ran through a few CV/experience-based questions then moved on to the cases. To be fair the question wasn't hard - it was a general market sizing question with some additional follow-ups but I messed up an important assumption. The interviewer was friendly and reasonably helpful. It was a good interview experience except that their HR did not respond at all when I asked for feedback after receiving the generic rejection email. A few top firms including McKinsey do give feedback to candidates at this stage, others would at least respond if they have policy against giving feedback, so that was slightly annoying.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected really...   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants.

Interview Details – Group Interview for the associate consultant position. We were given ten minutes to read a booklet which contains information on a brand clothing company. The information includes analysis of the industry, competitors, and revenue and costs of the company. The problem of the company is which type of customers the company should target on and what kinds of products should they sell. We were given twenty minutes to discuss as a group of nine and would spend ten minutes giving a presentation. There were four interviewers observing

Interview Question – Sometimes you will be given a question with "harsh" attitudes. Don't let the attitudes affect you. They want to test how you respond to pressure and cope with stress.   View Answers (4)

Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in October 2010.

Interview Details – They called me back after I sent a CV.
First round with two interviews, pretty standard cases. Profitability and market entry. Fit interview is skipped.
They never called back which is fairly unprofessional.

Interview Question – Profitability and market entry.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online application (CV + Covering Letter) followed by an online, SHL-style numerical test. Invited to first round interview with one week's notice. Consisted of two 30-minutes interviews, with a mix of CV and case-style questioning. Case-wise hey seemed very big on the idea of the candidate driving the discussion, and looked for a strong structure at the start of each case.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the size of the interactive whiteboard market in the US.   Answer Question
  • What would a UK based alcoholic beverage manufacturer have to consider in order to try to expand its market share?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OC&C Strategy Consultants in March 2012.

Interview Details – Did two 1:1 interviews. Running very late both times and overall very unprofessional. Brain teasers were challenging but nothing too difficult. When it came time to ask questions they seemed to think my questions were dumb even though I put a lot of thought into them and I don't think they were.

Interview Question – How many steps did it take you to walk here?   Answer Question

Worked for OC&C Strategy Consultants? Contribute to the Community!