OECD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at OECD.

Interview Details – Applied online through their Career website and got a first a phone interview shortly afterwards. Second step was an online personality test and finally I was invited to a panel interview in Paris.
Although it's an International Organization, it's really much organized as a Private Corporation with state-of-the-art/modern processes, tools and capabilities. The facilities are impressive. Good impression also of the interviewers, very professional as well as personable

Interview Question – Average panel interview with 2 representatives from HR (one of which happened to be the hiring managers) and 2 from the client groups. Lasted approx. 45 mins, no unexpected questions or too difficult. Only surprising thing it's that they didn't ask any questions in French. While English is mandatory, I understood French is preferred but not essential.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at OECD in February 2013.

Interview Details – Several contacts on the phone including 2 interviews before being invited for an interview with 3 HR officers and an administrative assistant. After the actual interview, my English was tested using the BULAT English test. It mainly consists in filling in blanks and reading-comprehension. Your score is given to you at the end of the test.

Interview Question – Give an example of a conflict you experience at your workplace and how you dealt with it.   View Answer

Policy Analyst Interview

Policy Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at OECD.

Interview Details – Prior to interview: remote written test 60 minutes. Subject of test revealed at start of test.

At interview: written test 45 minutes, 2 panel interviews (60 mins each). Interview 1 with 5 senior staff from different departments - had to give 10 minute presentation based on remotely conducted written exercise. Interview 2 with 5 staff at peer level, less formal but still challenging questions.

Interview Question – What will the impact of value-based pricing be on the productivity of the pharmaceutical sector?   Answer Question

Statistician Assistant Interview

Statistician Assistant

Interviewed at OECD

Interview Details – Statistics test and on sight interview.

Interview Question – Statistical analysis test   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at OECD.

Interview Details – A bit slow, with a panel interview composed of people from different divisions as the central feature. Written test.

Interview Question – It is very difficult to land an interview, as there were 600+ applicants for my position. Surprised by lack of behavioral questions, including regarding working on teams.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiation. Salaries pegged to fixed levels.

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at OECD in September 2011.

Interview Details – Emailed the Division I was interested in directly. Was asked to come to a panel interview. I first had to write an essay in response to a question of my choosing (from a list of 3). I had an hour to do this and I could either write in French or English. I then met with 3 senior analysts for about 20 minutes. The questions were sort of general economic knowledge, organisation knowledge (difference between UN, World Bank, OECD etc).

Interview Question – How many hairdressers are there in Paris   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst (ASP.NET) Interview

Programmer/Analyst (ASP.NET)
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OECD.

Interview Details – 1. The initial contact is trough their HR website. You need to setup a pretty complete profile.

2. Filter call, 3 persons have a 15 minutes interview with general and short questions.

3. Panel interview. Usually the manager, the HR responsible, 2 other involved parties, one of them with a strong technical background.

4. Written exam. 3 parts. You can reply either in English or French
  Part I ASP + MS SQL
  Part II general tech questions
  PART III Written expression about a technical subject

Interview Question – MS SQL server specific questions... so expect SAL proprietary crap.

The HR need special care, she might want to steal the show... so be prepare to reply to somebody that barely understand your domain.
  Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Trainee
Paris (France)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OECD.

Interview Details – The Organisation has contacts with a number of graduate schools, from where most of the hiring is taking place.

Interview Question – Detailed approach of a problem involving legal knowledge.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Paris (France)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at OECD in December 2009.

Interview Details – Online application followed by a written test to make a shortlist. Presentation required at the interview on a policy topic given.

All the panel asked questions and were engaged, even though it was the end of a long day. They fairly answered my questions and asked quite testing follow up questions of their own.

They said they would make a quick decision and communicate it out, and they did this.

Didn't get the job, but a positive experience overall. Great people and a welcoming, considerate culture.

Interview Question – Detailed question about use of econometrics in policy analysis.   Answer Question

Worked for OECD? Contribute to the Community!