Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at OHSU
- Research Assistant II (6)
- Registered Nurse (3)
- Research Associate (3)
- Research Assistant (3)
- Postdoctoral Fellow (2)
- Administrative Assistant (2)
- Senior Research Assistant (1)
- Graduate Student (1)
- Finance (1)
- Senior Trainer (1)
- Financial Specialist (1)
- Data Manager (1)
- Office Manager (1)
- Communications Specialist (1)
- MRI Technologist (1)
- Project Coordinator (1)
- Career Coordinator (1)
- Marketing Coordinator (1)
- Technician (1)
- Manager (1)
- Cytogenetics Technologist (1)
- Resource Nurse (1)
- Systems Analyst Engineer (1)
- Psychology Intern (1)
- PAS Specialist (1)
- Field Technology Analyst (1)
- Lab Technical Assistant/OHSU Blood Bank (1)
- PAS Resource Specialist (1)
- Career Services In Human Resources (1)
- Research Assistant I (1)
Field Technology Analyst Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at OHSU.
OHSU is extremely thorough when it comes to hiring within IT. Being public they are required to create a job posting, leave it up for a specific amount of weeks, then bring in a specific amount of initial candidates even if they all along planned on promoting within.
Step 1) Email from hiring manager inviting candidate to begin initial testing. This consisted of a 1.5-2 hour written exam with short answer, multiple choice, and essay. There were about 50 candidates in this room
Step 2) Email from hiring manager inviting candidate who successfully passed the written test and falls in the top 25% to do a hands on test. This consists of 3 testing stations.
Step 3) Email from hiring manager inviting candidate who successfully passed the hands on test inviting candidate in for a panel interview. My panel of 10 ITG employees and lasted an hour.
Overall all the employees were great people with generally long tenures averaging 8-12 years. There didn't seem to be the "know it all" who asks questions solely to show off their own knowledge in front of their peers you almost always see in IT interviews. Knowing how great ITG at OHSU is I can see why hiring is so cuthroat despite the wages being on the lower end vs market rate.
- Explain a situation you were in the minority but knew you were right. How did you handle it? Answer Question