OHSU Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2014
Updated Sep 19, 2014

2.8

Research Assistant II Interview

Contacted by email to set up a brief phone interview. Phone interview was relaxed and lasted about 15 minutes. Then I went and toured the facilities and met with the head of the lab and another member of the lab where they spent most of the time explaining the job position, but also asked me interview type questions.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to go to grad school or any other further schooling?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

initial communications were great. but later increases in salary were very small. Hiring process took long time. After joining, the IT department took two weeks to set up an account. Even badge took a long time to be processed.

Research Associate Interview

during hiring manager agreed to a salary. Later he backed out. But I had to stay steady that I will not accept the position unless the originally discussed salary is given,

Technician Interview

The process is through online submission that is forwarded to the department via HR. There was one day interview and an evaluation of technical skills required for the job. Certain requirements must be met such as certifications. They then notify you of the selection within a reasonable time.

Interview Questions
    • With such a narrow skill, the questions were straight forward without any curveballs.   Answer Question
    HR assessed experience and certifications and reasonably offered a salary above my previous job.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at OHSU in September 2011.

Very casual and easy-going discussions about my research and common interests with various faculty, vice chair and chair. I was offered several research options and given ample time to accept their offer.

There were no negotiations involved.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days - interviewed at OHSU in April 2008.

Called by the staffing agency, interviewed a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your previous experience with a dispute in the office with coworker?   Answer Question

Senior Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OHSU.

I met with three people from the department. No one asked me about my experience or background. I spent an hour listening to the director pitch the department to me. It wasn't clear during the interview who the hiring manager was. It turned out it was the person seated beside me, who never asked me any questions.

Interview Questions
    • I wasn't asked any questions. I did volunteer information in response to what I was told about the position.   Answer Question
    I needed the job. I was offered the position of Research Associate, but when I received the contract, it had been downgraded to Senior Research Assistant. They were very low-ball on the salary. I was offered $58K but was able to talk them up to $60K.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at OHSU in August 2011.

This review is regarding a phone interview only. Following the phone interview I withdrew from consideration. The phone interviewer spent most of the time chuckling about her own experiences and that of the few job duties she would describe. Perhaps she wanted to just get a "feel" for me. I found the interview overall very incomplete, leaving me with many unanswered questions. I stated I had a lot of experience performing one key role. She assumed this to be the case and did not ask me any questions to verify. Always verify. Sometimes people exagerrate in interviews, I don't. Incisive questions need to be asked. I suppose I could have simply gone with the flow, but I am a professional health provider. I wondered how this person got their job. What kind of environment would I be entering?

Research Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at OHSU in March 2008.

Reached the hiring manager directly to ask for available positions and received an email back with more information. I sent my resume directly to the hiring manager and got a call back for an interview. The interview was pleasant and fast.

Interview Questions
    • How long will you be able to commit to this position?   View Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beaverton, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaverton, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OHSU in May 2012.

This job was for a research assistant position in an OHSU lab that studies the effects of alcohol on primates. The interview was fairly straight forward. I was given a tour of the facillity by my interviewer, which was very interesting. I was also introduced to a range of current employees. Questions were nothing unexpected. Essentially, the job wasn't a perfect fit for me because more of my prior research experience related to alcohol use in humans.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would mind doing some manual labor cleaning cages, etc.   Answer Question

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!