OHSU

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews

Anesthesia Technician Interview

Anesthesia Technician

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at OHSU in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online as required for the position, then they contacted me for an interview. It was to be a position for the South Operating Rooms. I met 2 senior anesthesia technicians, and they were both very friendly. I got to see some of the South OR, which was a huge area of the OHSU Hospital on the Marquam Hill Campus.

Interview Question – What would you do if a co-worker wasn't pulling his or her own weight at the job?   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Technician

Interviewed at OHSU

Interview Details – The process is through online submission that is forwarded to the department via HR. There was one day interview and an evaluation of technical skills required for the job. Certain requirements must be met such as certifications. They then notify you of the selection within a reasonable time.

Interview Question – With such a narrow skill, the questions were straight forward without any curveballs.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – HR assessed experience and certifications and reasonably offered a salary above my previous job.

MRI Technologist Interview

MRI Technologist
Portland, OR

I applied online - interviewed at OHSU in March 2014.

Interview Details – Following a 90-minute in-person interview with two members of department leadership, and a tour of the department, I was told "You'll definitely be hearing from us." After several weeks passed with no word, I contacted the recruiter, and was told that the position had been filled without anyone bothering to notify me. I had expected more from OHSU; but now I don't know why.

Interview Question – Two basic technical questions regarding the specific field of work for which I was applying.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Beaverton, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OHSU in May 2012.

Interview Details – This job was for a research assistant position in an OHSU lab that studies the effects of alcohol on primates. The interview was fairly straight forward. I was given a tour of the facillity by my interviewer, which was very interesting. I was also introduced to a range of current employees. Questions were nothing unexpected. Essentially, the job wasn't a perfect fit for me because more of my prior research experience related to alcohol use in humans.

Interview Question – I was asked if I would mind doing some manual labor cleaning cages, etc.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OHSU in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a chance to get in touch with my boss, who was also my postdoctoral advisor at a professional meeting. We had a brief chat there. Then I was invited over at OHSU to give a presentation of my doctoral research as an interview. It went very well.
The hiring process took a while because of all the background checks and to complete safety training to gain access. But I guess that is normal for many places. Mine took a little longer because I had to wait for me work permit to arrive.

Interview Question – The questions were about my presentation. I didn't receive a difficult question.   Answer Question

PAS Resource Specialist Interview

PAS Resource Specialist
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OHSU in November 2012.

Interview Details – Typically, one phone screening interview, then one in-person panel interview (I was internally hired for this position). Prior to being hired at OHSU, the manager of the department I applied for had contacted me after HR forwarded my application and resume to her.

Interview Question – Any question wherein they would ask you how you would handle a particular situation on the job. It varies between departments and clinics, and oftentimes, they give you the "worst case scenario" at its absolute "worst" to see what you'd say.   Answer Question

Research Assistant II Interview

Research Assistant II
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OHSU in January 2014.

Interview Details – I had an initial phone interview and was invited to have one on one interviews with each of the Physicians that I would be working closely with as their Research Assistant. The process was much more relaxed than I anticipated. Both of the physicians were warm and friendly and actually seemed genuinely interested in my responses. I've had less positive experiences where the interviewer seemed bored or I got grilled with technical questions. This process was more like seeing if our goals met.

Interview Question – There were a couple questions that could be difficult if you aren't a person that thinks long term. "Where do you see yourself in five years?" "What are your career goals?" "If x doesn't work out, what will you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I'm still a student and was pretty thrilled with the offer of a salaried position, so I didn't feel comfortable negotiating. However, I felt that the offer was strong and I'm honestly really happy to be working at OHSU.

Lab Technical Assistant/OHSU Blood Bank Interview

Lab Technical Assistant/OHSU Blood Bank
Portland, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at OHSU in February 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online I didn't hear anything for over 2 weeks. I e-mailed the hiring manager directly to see if they had made any decisions for the position. She e-mailed me back saying that they'd like an interview, which was scheduled for the following week. The interview itself was very straightforward, mostly a check to see if I had the required schooling and experience based on the HR-prescribed minimums. After the interview, I didn't hear anything from the hiring manager for over 2 weeks. I tracked her down and asked her in-person if they had made a decision, at which time she took me to her office and offered me the position. All-in-all, very unprofessional and disorganized.

Interview Question – The interview was as standard as possible, nothing stood out as unusual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Difficult. Management didn't give opportunity to negotiate.

Systems Analyst Engineer Interview

Systems Analyst Engineer
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OHSU in June 2011.

Interview Details – It seems with OHSU that they don't have any "standard" interview process. Mine was conducted almost solely by my manager and it was his own unique questions that I doubt anyone else would receive. I had a 30 minute phone call, 30 minutes in person with my manager, 30 minutes in person with upper management, 15 minutes in person with my manager. Nothing technical but I think that was because my manager didn't know anything technical.

Interview Question – They asked some questions regarding HIPPAA and PHI.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me a good salary and it was higher then the other company I had received an offer with at the time. I didn't negotiate because I was coming into a union spot and my vacation days and everything were already set up for me. Not very good vacation day amounts though.

Psychology Intern Interview

Psychology Intern

I applied through other source and interviewed at OHSU.

Interview Details – Very structured. Communications were adequate. Interviewing with several different faculty members. Each faculty had a different approach. Each had a very distinctly different personality. There was appropriate separate area for interviewees to gather. However, a lengthy amount of time occurred for which there was no contact with interviewees and left them amongst each other allowing for unprofessional interactions, which was left unchecked.

Interview Question – If you could pull any toy from your childhood into the present, what would it be   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nonnegotiable

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!