OHSU

Relevance Date Difficulty

PAS Specialist Interview

PAS Specialist
Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at OHSU in January 2011.

Interview Details – Took them almost 2 months to get back to me. They schedule you for a phone interview first then if selected they bring you in to do a group panel style interview. On a hiring note, they usually only select OHSU employees for 1st 7days of an opening and have to have a good reason to hire externally. They asked the typical interview questions, team oriented kind. They will try to often you 1 step up from what you're currently making but they're usually no drug test to take unless its for a specific position. The background check it done through a 3rd party service they verifies your wages, dates of employment, etc. Benefits are good...kinda like a HMO because you get the best coverage by using their facilities. High co-pays though $25 each OV, $200 yearly deductible is good.

Interview Question – How do you deal with drama and gossip?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told the supervisor I was making more than I actually was, so she gave me more than my previous job. But when I did the background check to verify the information I put the correct amounts so when HR got the results it would match up.

Worked for OHSU? Contribute to the Community!