OHSU

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OHSU in August 2011.

This review is regarding a phone interview only. Following the phone interview I withdrew from consideration. The phone interviewer spent most of the time chuckling about her own experiences and that of the few job duties she would describe. Perhaps she wanted to just get a "feel" for me. I found the interview overall very incomplete, leaving me with many unanswered questions. I stated I had a lot of experience performing one key role. She assumed this to be the case and did not ask me any questions to verify. Always verify. Sometimes people exagerrate in interviews, I don't. Incisive questions need to be asked. I suppose I could have simply gone with the flow, but I am a professional health provider. I wondered how this person got their job. What kind of environment would I be entering?