OIG Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at OIG

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Prairie, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at OIG (Grand Prairie, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It's the government so it took weeks. I applied and heard nothing for weeks. Then when I was asked to interview, it was set two weeks out (which was partially my fault because I was out of state.) Then after about a week I got told I was getting the position. Then the background check started and it took a month from the time I heard I got the job to my start date. The actual interview was very thorough but there weren't any surprising or difficult questions. Mostly, "Tell about a time when..." It was led by two people and felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• They made me write an on-the-spot essay (as long or as short as I wanted) on what integrity means to me.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at OIG (Tampa, FL) in June 2010.

Interview

Limited communication, test took 4 hours, and had to wait weeks ot hear back.

Clerical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at OIG in July 2007.

Interview

A good friend of mine worked for the agency and was able to help expedite the process since the government is notoriously slow with these kinds of things. The application was very extensive, I had to have references from people who knew me at every place I have lived amongst other things that the average person would have no way of remembering. And yes they do call all the people you list on the application. The drug test was a simple urine test.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in xyz scenario? ( I can't remember the exact scenario)   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was set and I was not able to negotiate.

Sales Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at OIG in May 2010.

Interview

The interview was good and everyone was responsive in following up to keep prospects informed. Dress was business casual for the interview and in the office.