OMD

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details – Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Question – Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details – After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Question – How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at OMD in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was generally positive. The HR Director was quick to respond, followed up and a delight to work with. I spoke with 3 team members on the account that I was interviewing for. Questions made sense for the interview, there was nothing too difficult that caught me off guard. Very standard. All 3 people were easy to talk to and it seems like a great work environment.

Interview Question – What is your favorite command on excel?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at OMD.

Interview Details – Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Question – What was your favorite part of your past job?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at OMD in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by an HR manager for an interview about a week and half ago. I met with multiple Strategists and Account Directors for roughly 45 minutes. They all seemed smart and upbeat about their jobs. I was asked the usual questions for an interview. For example, "what are your likes? What is Media? How do you feel about Digital Media?" and so forth. The interview was decent enough.

They told me they would make a quick decision within a weeks times but when i attempted to follow up, I was ignored by the HR manager. I still have not received a response to my email and its going on 3 days without response.

Interview Question – What do you think about Digital Media?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at OMD in June 2011.

Interview Details – After applying online, I scheduled an interview where I met with the HR coordinator and then the Account Director. Both were very nice and helpful, especially the HR coordinator who always answered my emails and questions promptly. The interview wasn't too difficult. They just wanted to know my prior experiences. In the end, I did not receive a job offer since they found someone who was more experienced, but my experience was very positive and I wish that I could work there in the future.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about digital media.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at OMD in July 2010.

Interview Details – The head strategist talked to me about my background, experiences, and what I liked to do. He also asked me what animal I would be - that was a weird one. I asked him about the job and what it involved - he seemed to tire of my questions, though I thought they were good ones to ask. The next day I got a rejection notice. I guess I didn't impress him or he just found someone who was better.

Interview Question – What kind of animal would you be and why?   View Answer

Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at OMD in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of one 2:1 interview followed by another 1:1.

Interview Questions

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at OMD in November 2010.

Interview Details – This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Question – They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for OMD? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at OMD Assistant Strategist interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by OMD employees and interview candidates.