OMD Assistant Strategist Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

2.9

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OMD.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview with two people, one in English another in Spanish and another interview with the rest of the team (one in Spanish the rest in English) Normal behavior interview questions ( strengths, weakness etc)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for OMD

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a day to schedule an interview. Process took about a week. The interview was very laid back, met with 3 directors of the team and they asked mea bout my past experiences and interests, the typical walk me through your resume kind of deal. Nothing too industry related. Interview lasted about an hour and half. Heard back from HR the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Set figure

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in January 2015.

Interview

I applied to OMD late November and contacted HR one week later. I was scheduled to interview with OMD in December, but managed to interview with OMD in January.

I arrived 5 minutes early and waited 15 minutes. The interview process was broken down into two parts.

Round one lasted 10-15 minutes with one team member, and the second round lasted 10 minutes with two team members.

First round was okay. The interviewer seemed antsy and ready to leave. However, the company culture is entrepreneurial spirited but laid back.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were standard interview questions such as-

1. Tell me about yourself?
      2. What are your interests?
      3. Walk me through your resume
      4. Why are you interested in this position?
      5. Are you proficient in excel?

Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Questions

• Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Interview

Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your past job?   1 Answer

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by an HR manager for an interview about a week and half ago. I met with multiple Strategists and Account Directors for roughly 45 minutes. They all seemed smart and upbeat about their jobs. I was asked the usual questions for an interview. For example, "what are your likes? What is Media? How do you feel about Digital Media?" and so forth. The interview was decent enough.

They told me they would make a quick decision within a weeks times but when i attempted to follow up, I was ignored by the HR manager. I still have not received a response to my email and its going on 3 days without response.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview process was generally positive. The HR Director was quick to respond, followed up and a delight to work with. I spoke with 3 team members on the account that I was interviewing for. Questions made sense for the interview, there was nothing too difficult that caught me off guard. Very standard. All 3 people were easy to talk to and it seems like a great work environment.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview process was standard; I was interviewed first by the Associate Media Director and called back at a later date to meet with the rest of the team (Supervisor & Group Director). It was very conversational.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

After applying online, I scheduled an interview where I met with the HR coordinator and then the Account Director. Both were very nice and helpful, especially the HR coordinator who always answered my emails and questions promptly. The interview wasn't too difficult. They just wanted to know my prior experiences. In the end, I did not receive a job offer since they found someone who was more experienced, but my experience was very positive and I wish that I could work there in the future.