OMD

www.omd.com

OMD Assistant Strategist Interview Questions

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Met with a variety of teams, was asked standard interview questions throughout.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you think digital media is headed in the next five years?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for OMD

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD.

After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer
    There was none.

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite part of your past job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OMD in April 2013.

I was contacted by an HR manager for an interview about a week and half ago. I met with multiple Strategists and Account Directors for roughly 45 minutes. They all seemed smart and upbeat about their jobs. I was asked the usual questions for an interview. For example, "what are your likes? What is Media? How do you feel about Digital Media?" and so forth. The interview was decent enough.

They told me they would make a quick decision within a weeks times but when i attempted to follow up, I was ignored by the HR manager. I still have not received a response to my email and its going on 3 days without response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD in May 2012.

The interview process was generally positive. The HR Director was quick to respond, followed up and a delight to work with. I spoke with 3 team members on the account that I was interviewing for. Questions made sense for the interview, there was nothing too difficult that caught me off guard. Very standard. All 3 people were easy to talk to and it seems like a great work environment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in June 2011.

After applying online, I scheduled an interview where I met with the HR coordinator and then the Account Director. Both were very nice and helpful, especially the HR coordinator who always answered my emails and questions promptly. The interview wasn't too difficult. They just wanted to know my prior experiences. In the end, I did not receive a job offer since they found someone who was more experienced, but my experience was very positive and I wish that I could work there in the future.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in July 2010.

The head strategist talked to me about my background, experiences, and what I liked to do. He also asked me what animal I would be - that was a weird one. I asked him about the job and what it involved - he seemed to tire of my questions, though I thought they were good ones to ask. The next day I got a rejection notice. I guess I didn't impress him or he just found someone who was better.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of animal would you be and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at OMD in January 2010.

The interview consisted of one 2:1 interview followed by another 1:1.

Assistant Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD in November 2010.

This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question