Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at OMD
- Assistant Strategist (13)
- Assistant Media Planner (2)
- Assistant Media Strategist (2)
- Media Planner (2)
- Media Supervisor (1)
- Account Manager (1)
- Assistant Digital Media Planner (1)
- Junior Analyst (1)
- Junior Buyer (1)
- Executive Assistant (1)
- Entry Level (1)
- Research and Development (1)
- Trading Assistant (1)
- Senior Vice President, Consumer Insights (1)
- MARKETING ANALYSIS (1)
- Digital Assistant (1)
- Assistant Digital Strategist (1)
- Assistant Strategist, Digital (1)
- Assistant Digital (1)
- Administrative Analysis (1)
- Assistant Negotiator (1)
- Associate Director (1)
- Junior Strategist (1)
- Strategist (1)
- Assistant Analyst (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Media Assistant (1)
- Media Buyer (1)
- Media Director (1)
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in February 2008.
Communication after applying online -- came in for an initial, then a follow up. Both went well, interviewed with various levels within the department to display overall and specific knowledge in the field.
- What was the most challenging situation you encountered? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceDifficult Interview
The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at OMD (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2010.
Longest interview and they dont' prepare you for it.
Be prepared to interview with the entire team when you go in for the first time.
The office was very nice and the people seemed friendly.
- Unexpected: If you can bring back any extinct animal what would it be? Answer Question
I applied through other source. The process took a week – interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2010.
This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.
There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.
- They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs. Answer Question
Helpful (2)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks – interviewed at OMD (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.
Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.
- Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance. Answer Question
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks – interviewed at OMD.
Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.
- What was your favorite part of your past job? 1 Answer
- No OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at OMD (Sydney (Australia)) in April 2014.
Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.
- After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better. 1 Answer
Helpful (1)Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewDeclined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at OMD.
I was referred to this job from a friend who works at OMD. They scheduled an interview immediately and my interview lasted 2 hours. I met with 4 people from the team that I would be working on. They gave me an overview of the client and the agency. Very nice, laid back, and informative. They asked me about my experience.
- They asked me to go through a relevant project I had done from start to finish. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 6 days – interviewed at OMD.
I applied online and heard back within a day to schedule an interview. Process took about a week. The interview was very laid back, met with 3 directors of the team and they asked mea bout my past experiences and interests, the typical walk me through your resume kind of deal. Nothing too industry related. Interview lasted about an hour and half. Heard back from HR the next day.
- Nothing technical about the interview Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at OMD (New York, NY) in December 2014.
Process was relatively fast. Spoke with the HR department and was brought in for an interview. Interview lasted about an hour and met with multiple team members. Was told upon the interviews conclusion that I would be hearing from them in the near future.
- General questions: What are your strengths and weaknesses, describe your resume, etc. Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at OMD.
Phone interview, in person interview with two people, one in English another in Spanish and another interview with the rest of the team (one in Spanish the rest in English) Normal behavior interview questions ( strengths, weakness etc)
- Why OMD? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review