OMD

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.6

Research and Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in February 2008.

Communication after applying online -- came in for an initial, then a follow up. Both went well, interviewed with various levels within the department to display overall and specific knowledge in the field.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most challenging situation you encountered?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in August 2010.

Longest interview and they dont' prepare you for it.
    Be prepared to interview with the entire team when you go in for the first time.
    The office was very nice and the people seemed friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: If you can bring back any extinct animal what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD in November 2010.

This interview was pretty standard for any type of media agency. I was expecting some sort of media test (every media related interview I had previously consisted of a test), but it was just a question/answer interview.

There were two people from HR interviewing me at the same time, which is quite common, EXCEPT one of them just sat there in silence. Barely spoke one word to me. So I found that to be a little odd, and very distracting for me in terms of making eye contact with them even though it was the other person doing all the talking. Suffice to say I didn't get the job. The mute person really threw me off my game.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot of questions about my past experiences, and wanted me to go into extreme detail about what I specifically did in my prior jobs.   Answer Question

Assistant Digital Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at OMD in March 2013.

Very straight-forward process, which is refreshing in a market where employers are paranoid. The HR director was very nice. If you get a call for an interview - make it count! It is a great company and one of the best places to work for young people.

Interview Questions
    • Very in-depth questions about your role on particular jobs, prepare well in advance.   Answer Question

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

Great to work with HR (until they moved me around to different reps, the last of which never responded to my follow up even though I was told to contact that person). The interviewers themselves at the lower levels were very uninterested in what I could bring to the table with my own experience, just seemed to be looking for someone who wants to sit at a computer and crunch numbers. Which is definitely part of the job, but I felt that they were completely unimpressed/questioning my interest in the company from the beginning. You can definitely get a sense of whether or not this is the right place for you from the interview though, as I did.

Interview Questions
    • What was your favorite part of your past job?   View Answer

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at OMD in April 2014.

Human Resources will contact you regarding an interview. Once it is set up you will get a confirmation e-mail with interview details as well as a PDF of the job description and duties. Interviewed by two people with questions about previous experience, skills, personal traits and how and why you'd be a fit into the team. Also asked typical questions such as your strengths, weaknesses and where you see yourself in X amount of years.

Interview Questions
    • After the interview they give you a written test with media-related and maths questions. When researching in the lead-up to the interview, I focused more on the media side of things and sacrificed the maths side. Also, I hadn't completed maths questions in an test setting since I left school so I could have done a lot better.   View Answer

Media Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD in July 2014.

I was contacted by an OMD recruiter. We had a phone interview and I went in the next morning to interview with the director and associate director. They were great about answering my (many) questions. They were also very respectful of the fact that I needed to keep the interview to an hour so that I could get to work on time. The whole process was very professional, courteous and efficient.

Administrative Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at OMD.

I applied online and received an email back within a week. They were very easy to work with. My resume was passed along quickly and I felt welcome. I a quick couple of phone interviews before heading into the one-one interview. The questions were basic and asked lots of situational questions.

Assistant Strategist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at OMD.

After submitting a resume, a representative from HR contacted me on the phone asking to discuss my work experience. Following the initial conversation with HR, they then have you come in and speak with members of the team that has the vacant position. I spoke individually with four different team members, each a higher level than the other. The questions were primarily fit related, which may have been unique to me as an entry-level candidate.

Interview Questions
    • How would you design a media plan for peanut butter?   View Answer
    There was none.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at OMD in April 2013.

I was contacted by an HR manager for an interview about a week and half ago. I met with multiple Strategists and Account Directors for roughly 45 minutes. They all seemed smart and upbeat about their jobs. I was asked the usual questions for an interview. For example, "what are your likes? What is Media? How do you feel about Digital Media?" and so forth. The interview was decent enough.

They told me they would make a quick decision within a weeks times but when i attempted to follow up, I was ignored by the HR manager. I still have not received a response to my email and its going on 3 days without response.